Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Brewery = Hawkers
Name of beer = Alter ego
Style = east coast ipa
ABV = 6.5%

Hawkers is a good  brewery i like to follow and generally i love there beers and this is no exception.
I thought  when taking my 1st mouthful  what have i got myself into here and thought this is a drain job
but suddenly bang in the aftertaste i was getting some goodness coming from the hops.

This beer is a single hop beer done 2 ways giving you  punchy  stonefruit and subtle coconut flavor leaving you with a good bitterness finish.    Great use  of the hop Talus.    at 6.5%  this beer packs a punch 

rate this a good 7/10

20220731_160738.thumb.jpg.44dae6d7c92266ba8385e8d7a89d8b07.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Brewery = Hawkers
Name of beer = Alter ego
Style = east coast ipa
ABV = 6.5%

Hawkers is a good  brewery i like to follow and generally i love there beers and this is no exception.
I thought  when taking my 1st mouthful  what have i got myself into here and thought this is a drain job
but suddenly bang in the aftertaste i was getting some goodness coming from the hops.

This beer is a single hop beer done 2 ways giving you  punchy  stonefruit and subtle coconut flavor leaving you with a good bitterness finish.    Great use  of the hop Talus.    at 6.5%  this beer packs a punch 

rate this a good 7/10

20220731_160738.thumb.jpg.44dae6d7c92266ba8385e8d7a89d8b07.jpg

Lovely beers Oz mate hope u holding up ok brother xx

Brewery = Hop Nation
Name of Beer = Ground Control 3
Style = Ipa
Abv = 6.0%

Its a typical Hop Nation style beer  with the use of Victorias secret hops. and wow how fresh is this hop on the pallette absolutely dancing on my  tongue.   very cloudy which i was expecting as all Hop Nation products are unless they are purposely looking for a clear beer.

There is alot going on in the beer   and to be honest 1 or 2 of these beers will be enough for me.  the beer is a bit on the sweet side of life20220731_164223.thumb.jpg.d31966732befda97342f4be325ee80ca.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Brewery = Hop Nation
Name of Beer = Ground Control 3
Style = Ipa
Abv = 6.0%

Its a typical Hop Nation style beer  with the use of Victorias secret hops. and wow how fresh is this hop on the pallette absolutely dancing on my  tongue.   very cloudy which i was expecting as all Hop Nation products are unless they are purposely looking for a clear beer.

There is alot going on in the beer   and to be honest 1 or 2 of these beers will be enough for me.  the beer is a bit on the sweet side of life20220731_164223.thumb.jpg.d31966732befda97342f4be325ee80ca.jpg

Geez you drink fast OD, that's 4 in 10 minutes, Ha Ha, as long as you are enjoying yourself.

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Geez you drink fast OD, that's 4 in 10 minutes, Ha Ha, as long as you are enjoying yourself.

They are not all done today  mate.     and beside i have to start clearing out my beer draw in the fridge as i have beer stacking up  up the walls and my mrs wants it gone  lol

• Haha 1

Brewery = Hop Nation
Beer Name = Fallen Leaves
Style = Red Rye Ipa
ABV= 6.0%

I promise Guys and gals this will be the last for this day you all might think i am an non alcoholic

This is one of my favourite styles is a red ipa  but with rye added i love...

mate the creaminess the head gives absolutely fantastic  and the coloration is a dark crimson red   
i am not huge fan of sabro specially cryo sabro hops i often get hit and miss but with  eclipse.   it makes a very nice red rye

nice soft mouth feel at the end i could be sitting and enjoying a couple of these .

the burnt fig taste really compliments this flavor  amongst the malt profile

do yourself a favor and grab a 4 pack they are a limited release and worth the penny's

20220731_170739.thumb.jpg.39979853a5c50044ecb56e85b9bda8e7.jpg

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

They are not all done today  mate.     and beside i have to start clearing out my beer draw in the fridge as i have beer stacking up  up the walls and my mrs wants it gone  lol

Only kidding, doesn't matter anyway. Tell the missus this particular beer needs chilling just a bit more & when you think it's ready you will drink it, HTH 🤭

• Haha 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Only kidding, doesn't matter anyway. Tell the missus this particular beer needs chilling just a bit more & when you think it's ready you will drink it, HTH 🤭

mate  know your kidding mate.... i have a good lady who understands my hobby

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Brewery = Hop Nation
Beer Name = Fallen Leaves
Style = Red Rye Ipa
ABV= 6.0%

I promise Guys and gals this will be the last for this day you all might think i am an non alcoholic

This is one of my favourite styles is a red ipa  but with rye added i love...

mate the creaminess the head gives absolutely fantastic  and the coloration is a dark crimson red   
i am not huge fan of sabro specially cryo sabro hops i often get hit and miss but with  eclipse.   it makes a very nice red rye

nice soft mouth feel at the end i could be sitting and enjoying a couple of these .

the burnt fig taste really compliments this flavor  amongst the malt profile

do yourself a favor and grab a 4 pack they are a limited release and worth the penny's

20220731_170739.thumb.jpg.39979853a5c50044ecb56e85b9bda8e7.jpg

The bloke in the background looks keen for a taste Oz  😏

• Haha 3

Just now, Pale Man said:

Might grab me a sixer of Sparkles for tonight, nightshifts done and dusted.

I am not sorry I did, I went down to Liquor Land down the bay & they had a mix & match special - 2 for $34.00 & when he rang it up he says you have $10 on your rewards card, do you want to use it, so I got the lot for $24.oo, not a bad deal I thought. 

• Haha 1

What comes after Dry July?

Well Amber August of course.

Coopers Sparkling, my day to day commercial beer. No rating, it's my swill.

Zytho Velvet Stout. Someone mentioned Zytho is Goulburn made & I'm in Sthrn Highlands so WTF. Velvet by name & nature. Smooth, charred choc/coffee, not overly herbacious, non harsh tasty bitterness. Pleasing after-burp. 8/10

Lord Nelson 3 Sheets. Good Session Ale & about as fruity as I go (sans Mardi Gras). My first introduction to a brew pub back in the early '90s, a few early Friday knock offs when we worked around The Rocks  7.5/10

Grolsch🤦‍♂️.... the bottles are useful.  

Amber August.jpg

Edited by JoeB7
forgot the pic
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JoeB7 said:

What comes after Dry July?

Well Amber August of course.

Coopers Sparkling, my day to day commercial beer. No rating, it's my swill.

Zytho Velvet Stout. Someone mentioned Zytho is Goulburn made & I'm in Sthrn Highlands so WTF. Velvet by name & nature. Smooth, charred choc/coffee, not overly herbacious, non harsh tasty bitterness. Pleasing after-burp. 8/10

Lord Nelson 3 Sheets. Good Session Ale & about as fruity as I go (sans Mardi Gras). My first introduction to a brew pub back in the early '90s, a few early Friday knock offs when we worked around The Rocks  7.5/10

Grolsch🤦‍♂️.... the bottles are useful.  

Amber August.jpg

Haha looks like a good time Joe!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1