Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

12 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I know what you mean, I haven't been where you have but when I was travelling full time I was calling on Pubs to sell them stuff & I spent the rest of the time in them, I wasn't ever much of a tourist 🍻

Happy Holiday 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Cheers Phil! Went out of my specially for you mate!

49EFEF2A-3D73-4E75-92D6-0F7C5DFC6B29.jpeg

CF194E50-7BCB-4770-935C-558A84C80BE3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Getting all political…

Awesome mate, I would be in my element with all of those legendary Beer Tap/Handles etc. As I have spent so much time in Pubs over the years that would be the highlight of my visit if I was ever to go there, just looking at the Beer Taps/Bars etc. 

Well done mate, keep up the good work. 🍻

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

West End Draught on tap. I reckon the taste has changed since moving to Melbourne. Seems a lot smoother, better taste. Very refreshing and enjoyable. First beer in quite a while. 

I reckon the beer has always been good but it get's heckled by some but if I wanted to comment one comes to mind straight away that should be banned !!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I reckon the beer has always been good but it get's heckled by some but if I wanted to comment one comes to mind straight away that should be banned !!

Not sure I'm getting the gist of your dangle fella 🤔

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

🌵 I was referring to the dreaded muck in the green can 🤮

You can rest easy now Phil,  I’m pretty sure that Southwark Bitter 🤮, the dreaded muck in the green can you are referring to, also known as the Green Death, is now no longer being manufactured 👍.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thebeerpig said:

You can rest easy now Phil,  I’m pretty sure that Southwark Bitter 🤮, the dreaded muck in the green can you are referring to, also known as the Green Death, is now no longer being manufactured 👍.

Well I wasn't referring to Southwark, I think everyone knows the one I mean.

Hint: it is made by CUB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

What I meant was most South Aussies have been drinking WE Draught for years  & enjoyed it. It get's 'slagged' off by the people over the border 🌵 I was referring to the dreaded muck in the green can 🤮

🤭

West End Draught is under rated for me. It's always good on tap in a genuine country pub. Especially when cold with good clean beer lines. But lately seems to be that little bit better. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

West End Draught is under rated for me. It's always good on tap in a genuine country pub. Especially when cold with good clean beer lines. But lately seems to be that little bit better. 

When you grow up with it, you become accustomed to it just like it would be in other state's. The only difference is some of them think that their beer is better.

So the plot continues.

• Like 1

I am on a bit of a Kentish beer theme here lately. Planning a Shepherd Neame IPA clone shortly.

Presently sampling another Shepherd Neame ale offering - Spitfire. Not a bad amber ale in the traditional English style, but I do prefer their IPA.

2075e.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, kmar92 said:

I am on a bit of a Kentish beer theme here lately. Planning a Shepherd Neame IPA clone shortly.

Presently sampling another Shepherd Neame ale offering - Spitfire. Not a bad amber ale in the traditional English style, but I do prefer their IPA.

2075e.jpg

Nice drop that one is mate 👍

Must look out for the IPA

12 hours ago, DavidM said:

For those not following @Classic Brewing Co hints, it's now available in Grooming products..

https://www.brewsnews.com.au/2022/08/17/vb-releases-grooming-range/

Well that's good, now those of you that like the stuff can get all pampered up, far cry from the masculine type TV commercials they with some sweaty, hairy bloke on an oil rig downing a can of the 💩 Enjoy Princess  🤣🤣🤣

Products include VB exfoliating scrub to wash away the dirt and grime from the worksite, VB bath frothy to soak hard working muscles and a VB face moisturiser to restore the skin after it’s knocked off for the day.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, stquinto said:

Big bottle of Kwak. Whatever they put on the back it’s pretty good, if a bit malty for my current tastes…

Well now Stquinta I reckon half a dozen of those bad boys would raise your sail, I think officially the 1/2 yard glass is called 'The Cambridge Yard Glass' I have a couple of them but they seem to get you hissed up pretty quick 🤪

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

WEST END DRAUGHT

I haven't had one for years but 8 x 375ml stubby's for $23.00 is a pretty good deal @ BWS, so why not.

Taste fine to me, Hey @Pale Man Cheers.

20220818_142645.thumb.jpg.6c0e19c1b5a04ec46ce4594cf1616168.jpg

Nice photo mate could be an advert for them. Cheers

• Like 1

Just now, PintsMeLocal said:

Nice photo mate could be an advert for them. Cheers

Cheers Mate, that was just a quick one but I was in Advertising/Marketing for years but I didn't want to overdo it as this is a Coopers site. The main emphasis here was the price so I think Frank may forgive me 😉 They have heaps of Coopers specials also & I will be getting amongst those too !!

• Like 2