Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Tiny But Mighty - Garage Project - Non- Alcoholic IPA 

Fruity aroma - Lotsa citrus

Pleasantly surprising taste.  Nice mild bitterness.  Fruity flavour.  Very refreshing.  A little bit of a watery aftertaste, most likely due to the <0.5% ABV.

This is not too bad at all.

IMG_3161.JPG.4a499609a3ae370399308cc1359dfa3a.JPG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kmar92 said:

I am CCrashing that fwk at the moment and looking forward to sampling it.

I've got their amber ale fwk with Morgan's American ale yeast on the pour. No extra hops added and it's a nice beer. Short on time lately, 10 mins work for a keg filler. 

• Like 3

Yeah they are great when time is short. I am doing the Red IPA with MJ M44 yeast and I will do a hop infusion when I keg with Columbus, Citra, Simcoe and Mosaic. Should be a good drop, the colour in the FV is looking great.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, stquinto said:

First pint in Old London Town

You n yer mate Henry?  @stquinto 🙂 

Looks laaarvely mate!

A frothing Pint of Ale...

Would I were in an alehouse in London! 

I would give all my fame for a pot of ale, and safety

Shakey's play about yer mate's forbears Sainter haha enjoy ; )

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, stquinto said:

Divorced - Beheaded - Died - Divorced - Beheaded - Survived…..

don’t make ‘em like that anymore 🤣

Actually old Henry died of an illness in 1547. Here are the gory facts - I just thought I would share them with you 🤣

Late in life, Henry became obese, with a waist measurement of 54 inches (140 cm), and had to be moved about with the help of mechanical devices. He was covered with painful, pus-filled boils and possibly suffered from gout. His obesity and other medical problems can be traced to the jousting accident in 1536 in which he suffered a leg wound. The accident reopened and aggravated an injury he had sustained years earlier, to the extent that his doctors found it difficult to treat. The chronic wound festered for the remainder of his life and became ulcerated, preventing him from maintaining the level of physical activity he had previously enjoyed. The jousting accident is also believed to have caused Henry's mood swings, which may have had a dramatic effect on his personality and temperament.[145][146]

The theory that Henry suffered from syphilis has been dismissed by most historians.[147][148] Historian Susan Maclean Kybett ascribes his demise to scurvy, which is caused by insufficient vitamin C most often due to a lack of fresh fruits and vegetables in one's diet.[149] Alternatively, his wives' pattern of pregnancies and his mental deterioration have led some to suggest that he may have been Kell positive and suffered from McLeod syndrome.[146][150] According to another study, Henry's history and body morphology may have been the result of traumatic brain injury after his 1536 jousting accident, which in turn led to a neuroendocrine cause of his obesity. This analysis identifies growth hormone deficiency (GHD) as the reason for his increased adiposity but also significant behavioural changes noted in his later years, including his multiple marriages.[151]

Henry's obesity hastened his death at the age of 55, on 28 January 1547 in the Palace of Whitehall, on what would have been his father's 90th birthday. The tomb he had planned (with components taken from the tomb intended for Cardinal Wolsey) was only partly constructed and was never completed (the sarcophagus and its base were later removed and used for Lord Nelson's tomb in the crypt of St. Paul's Cathedral).[152] Henry was interred in a vault at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, next to Jane Seymour.[153] Over 100 years later, King Charles I (ruled 1625–1649) was buried in the same vault.[154]

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Stquinta you old voyager, where are you gunna bob up next ? Middle East, China, Russia maybe, ah well keep us posted.

Well Phil mate, I made it as far as Carnaby Street last night 😉

19 hours ago, stquinto said:

Divorced - Beheaded - Died - Divorced - Beheaded - Survived…..

That’s how to remember what happened to his various SWMBOs, but I think the acronym is somewhat off the mark in those days 😂

41C90B32-5A1C-48B4-BBB9-E8B60A033753.jpeg

BA9C1DC9-A051-475B-BFFE-5AD5DDB26B70.jpeg

C5EBA163-3A20-45CE-9D06-E1F562FD95B2.jpeg

5BF25E2A-3407-4259-BFF7-C7F779A8138C.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stquinto said:

Well Phil mate, I made it as far as Carnaby Street last night 😉

Oh Wow mate, what a blast, we poor souls aren't able to just flick down the road & experience what you can but good luck to you anyway. That is awesome seeing the places you are visiting & thanks for sharing.

OK Indian Restaurants in England are everywhere but I would rather get stuck into some of the more traditional Pommy recipes.

Anyway mate enjoy, Cheers.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Oh Wow mate, what a blast, we poor souls aren't able to just flick down the road & experience what you can but good luck to you anyway. That is awesome seeing the places you are visiting & thanks for sharing.

OK Indian Restaurants in England are everywhere but I would rather get stuck into some of the more traditional Pommy recipes.

Anyway mate enjoy, Cheers.

I was also gunna say spot the Pommie 🤭

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Please don't ask me how I got these. If I told you I'd have to kill you for divulging.

Cheers! 🍻

IMG_20220813_184308.jpg

Nice one Muzz 👍

Hopefully there’ll be a ROTM out soon. Still got a dozen or so of the 2021 ones left over, beautiful drop

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

I was going to say that you can see what is happening to the climate by the sign outside the pub!

Shorts were always optional in London, never totally necessary… mind you, I ain’t complaining. They used to say only the fool goes to London without an umbrella, bit not this summer 🥵

• Haha 1