Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

7 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

I just don't like the taste of them.

Have you tried many? I didn’t like a commercial one I had recently, I can’t remember what fruit was in it maybe mango but it was horrible almost like straight cordial but I’ve liked the ones with raspberries in them! I tried a strawberry one as well wasn’t a big fan of that either might be the tartness raspberries bring so if you haven’t tried a raspberry one maybe try that???? If you have and didn’t like it I am sorry 😞 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Have you tried many? I didn’t like a commercial one I had recently, I can’t remember what fruit was in it maybe mango but it was horrible almost like straight cordial but I’ve liked the ones with raspberries in them! I tried a strawberry one as well wasn’t a big fan of that either might be the tartness raspberries bring so if you haven’t tried a raspberry one maybe try that???? If you have and didn’t like it I am sorry 😞 

I can drink some of the cherry/raspberry etc. but some are just plain sickly.

• Like 2

Tried my latest brew, only two weeks in the bottle. One can of Coopers Original Pale Ale, one BE2, 2 LDME and dry hopped with 50 gr of Galaxy. It’s nice, beautiful aroma of the Galaxy, but can’t really taste it. So far I am happy. Wifey recons it’s one of the best brews I have ever made. For me it is still a bit green, and I can’t decide how to call it

IMG_8203.jpeg

IMG_8207.jpeg

IMG_8208.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Duvel clone, kegged on the 1st of July. It’s beautifully clear (I did add Polyclar), ut’s not quite carbed enough yet. 
There’s a residual sweetness that would prevent me from skulling too many in a sitting (not a bad thing as it turns out at >8%). I reckon it comes from a sluggish yeast, even though the FG was 1.010, it didn’t stall.

Anyway, I want to do another batch but will do a double one this time. I have a year-out-of-date Wyeast 1388 which I will make a starter with a yeast plate, and also make a starter with two packs of MJ41.

If the out-of-date one looks iffy I’ll leave it out, and throw an extra pack of MJ in, and hope that the two from a starter do the dog’s work

IMG_0344.jpeg

IMG_0345.jpeg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, stquinto said:

Duvel clone, kegged on the 1st of July. It’s beautifully clear (I did add Polyclar), ut’s not quite carbed enough yet. 
There’s a residual sweetness that would prevent me from skulling too many in a sitting (not a bad thing as it turns out at >8%). I reckon it comes from a sluggish yeast, even though the FG was 1.010, it didn’t stall.

Anyway, I want to do another batch but will do a double one this time. I have a year-out-of-date Wyeast 1388 which I will make a starter with a yeast plate, and also make a starter with two packs of MJ41.

If the out-of-date one looks iffy I’ll leave it out, and throw an extra pack of MJ in, and hope that the two from a starter do the dog’s work

IMG_0344.jpeg

IMG_0345.jpeg

Going to have to brew me a big strong Blonde again soon. My liver is due for a pounding.

• Haha 4

Greetings all ye festive Brewers from Pezzza Mountain Brewing : )

An October 2023 Update.

Pic below:

TOP Row --> Rice Larger & Ryeliscious 

BOT Row --> Dunkelbock -& BOB (Burnt Orange Bier in honour of the P76 😆)

And just a quiet plug for Dave of Dave's Home Brew - https://daveshomebrew.com.au/ - if anyone is in the Syd area.... North Syd vicinity... 

When it comes to Malted Grain and AG ingredients I can honestly recommend Dave highly -- a very helpful fella and the recent acquisitions of 25kg bags of Weyermann Pilly and Simpson Maris Otter a good price as well : )

Cheers and Good Brewing All 👍

image.thumb.png.35e237cd97ac05e9f03a76bfc42357c8.png

Edited by Pezzza
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Pezzza said:

An October 2023 Update.

Pic below:

And just a quiet plug for Dave of Dave's Home Brew - https://daveshomebrew.com.au/ - if anyone is in the Syd area.... North Syd vicinity... 

When it comes to Malted Grain and AG ingredients I can honestly recommend Dave highly -- a very helpful fella and the recent acquisitions of 25kg bags of Weyermann Pilly and Simpson Maris Otter a good price as well : )

Cheers Mate, good to hear you are still kicking & brewing. Prost'

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pezzza said:

An October 2023 Update.

Pic below:

Beautiful looking beers ol sausage. Youve still got the knack for a good looking beer and photo.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Going to have to brew me a big strong Blonde again soon. My liver is due for a pounding.

Go for it! Out of interest, do you have any sweetness problems? What yeast do you use?

I so a step mash, and end the fermentation at 26C. Also a 20 cold crash close to 0C. This is from a book “How to brew like a monk” .

Lovely drop anyway 😊

Cheers

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Go for it! Out of interest, do you have any sweetness problems? What yeast do you use?

I so a step mash, and end the fermentation at 26C. Also a 20 cold crash close to 0C. This is from a book “How to brew like a monk” .

Lovely drop anyway 😊

Cheers

Its been a long time since I brewed a Duvel Clone, but the last time I did I impressed myself that much I took the day off, I could hardly tell the difference, and in fact prefered mine to the real Duvel.

It was a very simple brew too. German Pilsner Malt, White Sugar, Styrian Golding Hops and Lalbrew Abbaye Belgian Yeast. Just a single mash. No sweetness issues. It was a thing of beauty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

Thinking about heading off towards Port Lincoln way soon for a couple of weeks with the caravan glad I bottled 3 big ones out of every batch for travellers.

A couple of them should be nicely matured

We are heading down there in 2 weeks. Hit up Jump ship brewing brewery while you are there, some good beers on offer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, stquinto said:

IMG_0344.jpeg

IMG_0345.jpeg

Nice.  My Duvel clone looks like coming in at 8.4% in the keg or 8.8% for those that I bottle condition.  Just started the cold crash this Friday night having brewed last Saturday.  Very quick for such a high ABV brew.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Pezzza said:

An October 2023 Update.

Pic below:

Hey Pezza, Great to hear from you.  What a nice diverse range of brews you have there.

• Like 3