Coopers Community

What's in Your Fermenter 2022?

Shamus O'Sean

"BarrieBrew" - It will get a new name

This is a 3.6% Middy (Yeah! Sesh Beers!)

Basically a Lawnmower Lager, with BE3, Dry-Hopped with Simcoe, and left to condition for a good 10 weeks plus

This one is on my list of Keepers

Frikkin' YUM

Oh yeah - I need to weed the background... I know...

Barrie Brew Middy.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Cee said:

"BarrieBrew" - It will get a new name

This is a 3.6% Middy (Yeah! Sesh Beers!)

Basically a Lawnmower Lager, with BE3, Dry-Hopped with Simcoe, and left to condition for a good 10 weeks plus

This one is on my list of Keepers

Frikkin' YUM

Oh yeah - I need to weed the background... I know...

Barrie Brew Middy.jpg

Barrie says he likes the name as it is. 😁🐕🍺

IMG_20221210_192319.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, jennyss said:

Is Barrie's behaviour improving @Malter White?

It's been a slow process but he is gradually getting better. In fact last night he spent his first night sleeping in the family room. Previously he'd been confined to his outside kennel and occasionally the laundry due to his unpredictable toilet habits. He'll be an inside dog before too long I imagine.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The Back to the Future brew is well up and away on BD+2 at 17 C, in Coopers FV #1.   It's a Thomas Cooper's Innkeeper's Daughter Sparkling Ale, pimped up with some grains.  Just upped the temp to 18 C.

Also the 1st dirty batch of LL is now in the big 58 L Kegmenter, I immediately pressurized it  to 10 psi and have spunding valve set for 15 psi which it will hit overnight.  Starting ferment temp is 18 C.

Time for a couple of beers then to make some Hunger Buster Burgers for tonight's dinner.  It will be two again tonight as I have the metabolism of a Tyrannosaurus Rex

Back to The Future brew in FV - resized.png

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

It is a backfill @iBooz2, there is nothing dirty about it as it is in fact the very sterile environment that you have brewed in previously!

For me it is not only about saving money but the way it fires up so fast. If anything it is reducing the lag time for a beer where you possibly could get infection or a sour taste. Especially for a lager pitched cool this is a big advantage.

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 12:10 PM, Cheap Charlie said:

Beermonster.thumb.jpeg.88c1429cc97ad068da719957d6d3084c.jpeg

Beermonster High Flying Sabro American Pale Ale FWK

This from the boys at the LHBS Slacks Creek. It seems they have just started making FWK's, so looking forward to trying this one 👍🏻

Quality Homebrew in Slacks Creek? That's where I usually get my gas bottles refilled. 

• Like 1

I've been away a while but back into things with 2 x FVWK's kegged & tasting better by the day & 2 x K&K's in FV's with Kveik @ 35°.

1 is Coopers English Bitter - planning on 40g EKG for that one & been wondering about the Coopers IPA one.

I'm thinking I might try 30g each of Amarillo & Mandarina Bavaria for a try at a citrus IPA. Haven't used the MB before - I got it a while back when everyone was out of lemon drop that I use for my XPA clones. I've been humming & hahing about also doing some lemon drop but figure for a 1st time that might be overkill on the citrus.

• Like 5

Currently in the FV.

Coopers Dark Ale

Can yeast

250g LDM

250g DDM

250g Brown sugar.

Some very old notes I was reading said a brew I did with some brown sugar was a bit like Tooheys Old. So hoping that will be the result. I figure about 4%

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Oldbloke said:

Currently in the FV.

Coopers Dark Ale

Can yeast

250g LDM

250g DDM

250g Brown sugar.

Some very old notes I was reading said a brew I did with some brown sugar was a bit like Tooheys Old. So hoping that will be the result. I figure about 4%

Drink some young? Age a few until winter?

I usually drink them at about 5-6 months. But new recipes i try at about 8 weeks. Long way to go. Only went in the fv Saturday. Lol

I did a UK Bitter with 100g of treacle as part of a recipe in 2014 years but wasn't very good. 🤨

Trying my plumb stout tonight. It's just 3 says short of 8 weeks. 😗

• Like 2