Coopers Community

It's Kegging time 2022

iBooz2

33 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Real bend-over-and-grab-your-ankles with the tolls in France 😳

If you pick the wrong time (and that’s most of the weekend unless you leave in the middle if the night) it’s a bloody car park.

In Switzerland we pay 40ChF (60AU$) for a year for all of the motorway…. and the f*%king French say all we care about in Switzerland is money 🤔

In Adelaide we don't have any tolls, but I wouldn't rule out it never happening as quite a few bridges here cross rivers/seas & in some cases join two states. I hope I never see it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

In Adelaide we don't have any tolls, but I wouldn't rule out it never happening as quite a few bridges here cross rivers/seas & in some cases join two states. I hope I never see it. 

Adelaide  once had  tolls  and thats on the road out of there to Melbourne  and i think they still have the old toll house there  as you start to climb the hill  Mind you  that was hell of a long time ago

Victoria has several toll roads but you can simply avoid them if you want  to

the toll roads we have

Tullamarine FWY
Monash FWY
East link
Peninsula Link (part of the East link)

They are convenient  , but costly   but i very rarely use the toll roads unless i am heading to Kegland or Keg king 

but I hope Adelaide never see a toll road  , but i think it will happen for S.A at one point

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Adelaide  once had  tolls  and thats on the road out of there to Melbourne  and i think they still have the old toll house there  as you start to climb the hill  Mind you  that was hell of a long time ago

Victoria has several toll roads but you can simply avoid them if you want  to

the toll roads we have

Tullamarine FWY
Monash FWY
East link
Peninsula Link (part of the East link)

They are convenient  , but costly   but i very rarely use the toll roads unless i am heading to Kegland or Keg king 

but I hope Adelaide never see a toll road  , but i think it will happen for S.A at one point

Yes, I have passed that many times, according to history it was closed in 1847.

It is at the start of the Freeway & has been restored by the National Trust several times, probably make a great roadside craft bar 🤣

p7210088.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Real bend-over-and-grab-your-ankles with the tolls in France 😳

If you pick the wrong time (and that’s most of the weekend unless you leave in the middle if the night) it’s a bloody car park.

In Switzerland we pay 40ChF (60AU$) for a year for all of the motorway…. and the f*%king French say all we care about in Switzerland is money 🤔

We were driving around Europe a few years ago,  When in France several road signs were indicating the way to Péage.

After a lot of searching we couldn't find the town of Péage anywhere on our map. 

Turned out to be French for Toll.  And did the tolls add up. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes, I have passed that many times, according to history it was closed in 1847.

It is at the start of the Freeway & has been restored by the National Trust several times, probably make a great roadside craft bar 🤣

p7210088.jpg

@Classic Brewing Co  now your onto something there i reckon ,  be a great place for sipping decent beer,  as you watch all the motorist fly by  and the entertainment of someones misfortune on the road.

i also believe the new bridge over Birkenhead  was going to be a toll way , but thankfully that  never came to fruition as a toll way 
i think they started that when i  left Adeliade for Melbourne

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

@Classic Brewing Co  now your onto something there i reckon ,  be a great place for sipping decent beer,  as you watch all the motorist fly by  and the entertainment of someones misfortune on the road.

i also believe the new bridge over Birkenhead  was going to be a toll way , but thankfully that  never came to fruition as a toll way 
i think they started that when i  left Adeliade for Melbourne

Yeah, there are enough things going on to take all of your money, not to mention never-ending rising prices. 

A mate of mine was whinging about the beer prices in pubs the other day, but I don't really care as I hardly go there apart from catch ups with friends & that's usually Happy Hour or a lunch.

• Like 3

Kegged my little experiment of splitting a can of Coopers Draught into a proper Coopers Draught (with a lager yeast) and a Coopers Hoppy Draught (Galaxy hops added and fermented with an ale yeast).  I did not use the scales because these were only half filled kegs.  The Galaxy hopped beer is already carbed up in the kegerator.  Aroma is good, but it has got a harshness to the taste.  Maybe grassiness from the dry hops?  Maybe hop burn?  Hopefully it will tone down in time.  The proper Draught will sit in the shed conditioning for a few weeks.  No space in the kegerator anyway.

IMG_3344.JPG.493df8d99ae3182321090727b6162ea0.JPG

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Kegged my little experiment of splitting a can of Coopers Draught into a proper Coopers Draught (with a lager yeast) and a Coopers Hoppy Draught (Galaxy hops added and fermented with an ale yeast).  I did not use the scales because these were only half filled kegs.  The Galaxy hopped beer is already carbed up in the kegerator.  Aroma is good, but it has got a harshness to the taste.  Maybe grassiness from the dry hops?  Maybe hop burn?  Hopefully it will tone down in time.  The proper Draught will sit in the shed conditioning for a few weeks.  No space in the kegerator anyway.

IMG_3344.JPG.493df8d99ae3182321090727b6162ea0.JPG

Shamus, are you filling the keg from the beer the "beer out post" and venting from the "gas in post"

What is the orange fitting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pickles Jones said:

Shamus, are you filling the keg from the beer the "beer out post" and venting from the "gas in post"

What is the orange fitting.

Hey PJ, yes, filling from the "beer out post" and venting from the "gas in post".

The orange fitting is a carbonation cap from Kegland.  It "opens" the lower gas disconnect.  Plus I have a short section of tube clamped onto the end of the carb cap (a failed experiment).  I could easily just vent the keg with a gas disconnect on the "gas in post", but I do not have a spare gas disconnect.  I could also remove the tube from the gas to gas jumper in the photo.  But removing and reinserting the tube is not great for staying airtight.

image.png.f35a8ad274b66ee782c335191bb03aef.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kegged my Coopers XPA clone today, this is the batch that I inadvertently added Maris Otter to instead of Coopers Premium Pale malt.

I sampled it before kegging and I do not think that the Maris Otter has done any harm to it, splendid drop in fact! I thought that the Maris Otter may have darkened it a little but it was still pretty pale.

2297e.jpg

• Like 8

Finished my keezer (finally)…. 
I can’t decide whether to call it The Coffin ( a nod to @Classic Brewing Co Phil) or The Sagrada Família, as it took me that long to build it…

Only using a pluto gun for the minute as the I only just put the gas lines on and haven’t had time to assemble the beer lines.
The beer was a half-started keg of a Duvel clone, good (accurate) taste but not enough dissolved carbonation, just an ice-cream head. Looking promising though 🍀

B87B44E6-12E2-4ADE-9371-370A84A10913.jpeg

1E069502-E716-4549-A304-D697B42CAB4D.jpeg

6212DD98-B11D-4C69-A2CD-294F539BAF43.jpeg

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I can’t decide whether to call it The Coffin ( a nod to @Classic Brewing Co Phil) or The Sagrada Família, as it took me that long to build it…

Only using a pluto gun for the minute as the I only just put the gas lines on and haven’t had time to assemble the beer lines.
The beer was a half-started keg of a Duvel clone, good (accurate) taste but not enough dissolved carbonation, just an ice-cream head. Looking promising though 🍀

B87B44E6-12E2-4ADE-9371-370A84A10913.jpeg

1E069502-E716-4549-A304-D697B42CAB4D.jpeg

6212DD98-B11D-4C69-A2CD-294F539BAF43.jpeg

The Coffin..........where full kegs go to die. 

Looks excellent fella 👍

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

No you haven't  finished it  , you need to add taps , as well as inline regs so that you can  carb the other kegs at different pressures for the different styles of beer you have made

but your keezer looks great mate

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mr Beer Goggles said:

Yeah, looks really good Stquinta, well done T........ you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, stquinto said:

The beer was a half-started keg of a Duvel clone, good (accurate) taste but not enough dissolved carbonation, just an ice-cream head. Looking promising though

Looks bloody amazing mate - well done!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Kegging day at Classic Brewing Co, 1. Coopers Real Ale 2. Coopers Draught. I also got 6 x 660ml bottles of each.

It is good to finally get 2 kegs in the fridge, I have cranked the psi up to 30 for 24 hours so in a few days back to pouring beer instead of drinking commercial stuff.

Cheers.

20221121_105032.thumb.jpg.5fbbd8403d36915a58e17d4d82456ee3.jpg

20221121_120346.thumb.jpg.3e3614d4746ce1da7c73e9665900c216.jpg

20221121_121708.thumb.jpg.ff803534ffb1cead0f61a34fe74086b8.jpg

Nice work there Phil 👍👍🤣

7 hours ago, ozdevil said:

No you haven't  finished it  , you need to add taps , as well as inline regs so that you can  carb the other kegs at different pressures for the different styles of beer you have made

but your keezer looks great mate

Cheers mate! I had looked into the regulators for each line but they only seem to exist for duo push-on fittings and I use the bigger red gas lines with butterfly clips. Still got the beers lines to go on, but it’s getting there…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Beer Goggles said:

All grain Hefeweizen being kegged. Plan is to keep this for Christmas 🥴

20221122_183644.jpg

Yep nice, just remember "Best laid plans of mice and men".

Anyway that is what happens to me when I plan to store a keg for later!

• Haha 2