Coopers Community

It's Kegging time 2022

iBooz2

2 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Gas bottle in the box is a good idea 💡 

Yeah, he's a bit of a neat freak, probably caught it of me, he used to work at Angove's Winery in Renmark, now Berri Estates Winery in Berri, check out the size of it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2022-08-28/bottling-the-essence-of-100-years-at-berri-estates/101367622

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

My nephew sent these photos of his Keezer, this is one of the Aldi Freezers that Muzzy/Malter/ ???? who know's what next posted last week. It doesn't look too bad as he is quite a handyman/tradie - better than his Uncle !!

151558375.thumb.jpg.2c72bd42d71590c029228d21f61608b6.jpg

1582066261.thumb.jpg.4b4c245b810c4262d1cc1a4eea6b011d.jpg

I assume the beer on the right is for his favourite uncle🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

My nephew sent these photos of his Keezer, this is one of the Aldi Freezers that Muzzy/Malter/ ???? who know's what next posted last week. It doesn't look too bad as he is quite a handyman/tradie - better than his Uncle !!

151558375.thumb.jpg.2c72bd42d71590c029228d21f61608b6.jpg

1582066261.thumb.jpg.4b4c245b810c4262d1cc1a4eea6b011d.jpg

Lovely handywork , good on him Phil. Agree on the gas, and the magnets under the drip tray too. Have to find some of those myself, I have two drip trays but no way of securing them yet

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Lovely handywork , good on him Phil. Agree on the gas, and the magnets under the drip tray too. Have to find some of those myself, I have two drip trays but no way of securing them yet

I don't know how much I would trust the magnets, but he found them on e-bay & reckons they are the business.

It is a tidy set-up I agree.

• Like 2

Kegging day at Classic Brewing Co, this is the Coopers Draught that I made especially for my Pilot mate, he will have to come here to drink some even though he has a Kegerator.

20221026_094952.thumb.jpg.d50393acfe8a3714baf9da8460170079.jpg

20221026_095943.thumb.jpg.29d05439f847957bb88950f47181a62d.jpg

After filling the Corny I was left with a 2l Growler & a few 500ml Hef'e bottles & I decided to save the yeast as it looked nice a clean.

It has been at a constant 20c for 15 days in the brew fridge & now it is cranked up to 30psi for 24 hours.

Cheers.

20221026_105019.thumb.jpg.92e06c5f92602227c6f0b63cf5d01982.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I love these Floor Trolley's from Bunnings for moving FV's & Kegs around, it makes life so easy & only $16.00. I have 2 of them.

20221026_100703.thumb.jpg.3cafa22c170a78d6f17cd8b97b01dffb.jpg

Ive got three. Real handy on brew day. One for the kettle, one for the counterflow chiller on two upturned milk crates, and one for the fermenter. Makes moving things around a breeze.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Ive got three. Real handy on brew day. One for the kettle, one for the counterflow chiller on two upturned milk crates, and one for the fermenter. Makes moving things around a breeze.

Yeah, I have had two full kegs on one of them & you can push the around with one hand, a full FV, no problem. They are nice & sturdy too. I would recommend anyone buying one would go for the 4-wheel as they are heaps more stable than the 3-wheel versions.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Nearly there on the keezer.I also kegged a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. Only got 16 litres as I’d poured myself a few sneaky ones when it had finished cold crashing 😉

Looks amazing Stquinta, really good. THROTDO.

At first I thought those black thingy's in each corner were for your gas bottles but I see them outside WTFAT ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Nearly there on the keezer.I also kegged a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. Only got 16 litres as I’d poured myself a few sneaky ones when it had finished cold crashing 😉

70D8FFD8-F423-4AFF-AD80-2D2A5A7FF178.jpeg

D247EECC-C9E0-4057-BF38-F9BA9FC51AF7.jpeg

648626EB-1345-4FDA-9E0D-1AEE88A80964.jpeg

3431520D-DC2A-42AA-AD96-67938BD2CBE1.jpeg

Very Tidy

Well Done

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

At first I thought those black thingy's in each corner were for your gas bottles but I see them outside WTFAT ?

they look like fans which are used to blow the cold air around to keep the temperature even around the keezer

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stquinto said:

70D8FFD8-F423-4AFF-AD80-2D2A5A7FF178.jpeg

D247EECC-C9E0-4057-BF38-F9BA9FC51AF7.jpeg

648626EB-1345-4FDA-9E0D-1AEE88A80964.jpeg

3431520D-DC2A-42AA-AD96-67938BD2CBE1.jpeg

Jesus's, that's an eye opener.

I feel inadequate now. 🙄

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, terminal2k said:

they look like fans which are used to blow the cold air around to keep the temperature even around the keezer

Yeah, that’s it: two computer fans that run off a USB connector. I think they are pictured sitting on top of X-boxes to cool them down. I saw a youtube vid with a bloke adding it to his keezer to even out the temperature so I thought I’d put one in straight off.

• Like 1

Ha ha! Took me long enough… freezer had better not pack up on me 😳

Just buy another one mate, you can afford it, all these trips to different countries, expensive French wine 🤣 just joking.

That is always a worry as the money I spent on converting one of my old fridges to a keg fridge cost as much as a brand new kegerator but for what it's worth, I think mine would outlast one of those anyway.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Just buy another one mate, you can afford it, all these trips to different countries, expensive French wine 🤣 just joking.

That is always a worry as the money I spent on converting one of my old fridges to a keg fridge cost as much as a brand new kegerator but for what it's worth, I think mine would outlast one of those anyway.

Ha ha! I’m hoping it being an old freezer it’ll be built sturdier. I was considering a kegerator but I’d have to have driven up to Belgium for it, and it wasn’t cheap. Heard mixed reviews too. Anyway, a mate turned up with the old one, so worth a try.

It’s true I get away a bit. But then France is only 30 minutes away by car (South of France is 5 hours if the traffic’s ok which it rarely is). Italy is about 2 hours away. I don’t stay in hotels and I often sing for my supper by cooking - the lady of the house in S of F is more than happy to hand over her kitchen. The food down there in restaurants isn’t much cop any more, and the staff can be bloody surly. We only bother going out if it’s a real specialty like bouillabaisse.

It’s better value and quality in Italy though.

All in all, it costs a similar amount to staying at home: just some petrol money and the tolls (110€ for a return trip to the S of F, the cheeky b*stards…)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Ha ha! I’m hoping it being an old freezer it’ll be built sturdier. I was considering a kegerator but I’d have to have driven up to Belgium for it, and it wasn’t cheap. Heard mixed reviews too. Anyway, a mate turned up with the old one, so worth a try.

It’s true I get away a bit. But then France is only 30 minutes away by car (South of France is 5 hours if the traffic’s ok which it rarely is). Italy is about 2 hours away. I don’t stay in hotels and I often sing for my supper by cooking - the lady of the house in S of F is more than happy to hand over her kitchen. The food down there in restaurants isn’t much cop any more, and the staff can be bloody surly. We only bother going out if it’s a real specialty like bouillabaisse.

It’s better value and quality in Italy though.

All in all, it costs a similar amount to staying at home: just some petrol money and the tolls (110€ for a return trip to the S of F, the cheeky b*stards…)

That's fair enough mate, I understand what you are saying, I used to travel all over Australia for years from remote outback to major cities, coastal etc & it probably cost me more than a trip around the world.

You are right about the old fridge/freezers, mine is 40 years old & will last longer than any Kegerator. They are not that hard to replace   just gotta find the right size.

• Like 3

South of France is 5 hours if the traffic’s ok

Five hours West, gets me half way across SA, North middle of nowhere, East Just over the  border in Victoria!

I did a Drive holiday across/around Europe, it was great fun, changing country's in an afternoon drive and lot's to see and do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, stquinto said:

They don't miss you for tolls! I have recently returned from a trip up north to Queensland and as far north as Airlie Beach and I was whingeing about the tolls on the Gateway Motorway at Brisbane - I think that they were about $AUD 11. 110€ must smart a little?

• Sad 1

On 10/31/2022 at 8:15 AM, kmar92 said:

They don't miss you for tolls! I have recently returned from a trip up north to Queensland and as far north as Airlie Beach and I was whingeing about the tolls on the Gateway Motorway at Brisbane - I think that they were about $AUD 11. 110€ must smart a little?

Real bend-over-and-grab-your-ankles with the tolls in France 😳

If you pick the wrong time (and that’s most of the weekend unless you leave in the middle if the night) it’s a bloody car park.

In Switzerland we pay 40ChF (60AU$) for a year for all of the motorway…. and the f*%king French say all we care about in Switzerland is money 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1