Coopers Community

It's Kegging time 2022

iBooz2

16 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Kegged these two yesterday. KL's FWK's - True Blue Bitter approx 4.6% and Cloud Nine Hazy Pale Ale approx 4.9%

No sign of off flavours or smell so far. Phew! Might even be able to have a glass on Chrissy day with the sons. I've also got an Extract 150 lashes clone - it tastes fine but no cigar I'm afraid....darker in color and a little sharper or bitter than the real McCoy - hop flavours are close though....might shorten the hop boil next time.

Tread carefully Mick, we don't to hear of any more tippers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Kegged my Sabro Extra Pale Ale FWK yesterday, just maturing in the keezer, put on tap next week. 

have you ever brewed a beer yourself with just sabro? not sure if I got a dud batch of hops. Doesn't seem to be as strong compared to how it's described. Could use double the amount compared to cascade or another tropical fruity hop with less effect.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mickep said:

Kegged these two yesterday. KL's FWK's - True Blue Bitter approx 4.6% and Cloud Nine Hazy Pale Ale approx 4.9%

No sign of off flavours or smell so far. Phew! Might even be able to have a glass on Chrissy day with the sons. I've also got an Extract 150 lashes clone - it tastes fine but no cigar I'm afraid....darker in color and a little sharper or bitter than the real McCoy - hop flavours are close though....might shorten the hop boil next time.

320711095_5023740751061764_7437980618681483610_n.jpg

Fingers Crossed... hope it works out for you this time.

Merry Christmas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mickep said:

320711095_5023740751061764_7437980618681483610_n.jpg

I've got my fingers crossed for you mate 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

have you ever brewed a beer yourself with just sabro? not sure if I got a dud batch of hops. Doesn't seem to be as strong compared to how it's described. Could use double the amount compared to cascade or another tropical fruity hop with less effect.

@Uhtred Of Beddanburgno mate I haven’t ever used sabro in a beer, I’ll let you know what my thoughts are when I taste it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just opened the 2 new kegs & discovered this nasty dent in one of the kegs 😬 I rang Keg Land but of course they are closed until the 4th of Jan. They will probably say it was fine when it left here, it's the freight company's fault & vice versa if I complained to them.

Has anyone had this before? My main concern is I am fussy & like everything new & shiny, but I am wondering if it would be an issue if I use it.

I will of course email KL & send the photos but probably shouldn't hope that anything will be done about it.

Not Happy Jan.

20221228_111017.jpg

20221228_111026.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just opened the 2 new kegs & discovered this nasty dent in one of the kegs 😬 I rang Keg Land but of course they are closed until the 4th of Jan. They will probably say it was fine when it left here, it's the freight company's fault & vice versa if I complained to them.

Has anyone had this before? My main concern is I am fussy & like everything new & shiny, but I am wondering if it would be an issue if I use it.

I will of course email KL & send the photos but probably shouldn't hope that anything will be done about it.

Not Happy Jan.

20221228_111017.jpg

20221228_111026.jpg

If they are brand new I would want an exchange.

‘I have bought second hand old post mix kegs with a few dings in them, I just pressurised them before use and they were all good. 
Up to you mate, you can’t really see mine as they are in the keezer side by side. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

If they are brand new I would want an exchange.

‘I have bought second hand old post mix kegs with a few dings in them, I just pressurised them before use and they were all good. 
Up to you mate, you can’t really see mine as they are in the keezer side by side. 

Yeah, they are brand new, just took them out of the box, slid the plastic off & whammo a dirty great dent, I will complain but as I said in my post it's likely they will blame the carrier & if I complained to Direct Freight they probably would say, it wasn't us.

Either way I think I am screwed but I will make a noise when KL re-open.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, they are brand new, just took them out of the box, slid the plastic off & whammo a dirty great dent, I will complain but as I said in my post it's likely they will blame the carrier & if I complained to Direct Freight they probably would say, it wasn't us.

Fair enough mate.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Not Happy Jan.

20221228_111017.jpg

20221228_111026.jpg

Phil

if your not happy, kegland wont be happy  let me assure you of this

it may have happened while in transit with the  transport company
yet you should have received  a keg undented  , different story if brought 2nd hand

i have spoken with the owner many of times in the past and the owner has helped me out alot
as well as his staff , they have even helped me out when they wasn't  working or the shop wasn't open..

send friendly email and if you haven't heard anything before they resume in the new year  give them a call , explain what happened
and they will  hopefully send you out a new shiney keg 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ozdevil said:

if your not happy, kegland wont be happy  let me assure you of this

Agreed 100%. I've not dealt with another retail outlet quite like them., well except for Coopers of course 😎 Kegland are attentive always. At least that's my experience. 

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Not Happy Jan.

Phil, so sorry to hear this mate. Like you I have nothing but good things to say about KL, they have helped me out enormously on a couple of occasions now. I deal and email Darin, he/she is brilliant at getting back and helping out.

Email, 

darin@kegland.com.au 

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Phil, so sorry to hear this mate. Like you I have nothing but good things to say about KL, they have helped me out enormously on a couple of occasions now. I deal and email Darin, he/she is brilliant at getting back and helping out.

Email, 

darin@kegland.com.au 

Cheers Mick, thanks for that, as I said I can't ring them until the 4th Jan & the message says the Email service won't be active, but I will definitely be on it first thing.

I reckon they are a great company & I have always had good service from them, so far, I haven't had any issues with them.

I reckon I have got a good case as it is still in the box & that is free of any marks so they can't blame Direct Freight.

Cheers.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I would suggest that Keg Land would have an insurance policy that would cover events like this irrespective of liability. However, they may not make use of it as their costs could be under their policy excess and come to some other arrangement with you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pickles Jones said:

I would suggest that Keg Land would have an insurance policy that would cover events like this irrespective of liability. However, they may not make use of it as their costs could be under their policy excess and come to some other arrangement with you.

Well, the total order was $300 & I have ordered a lot of stuff from them & the one keg was dented.

I will be asking for the boss when I ring as I want it dealt with, Consumer Law protects about things like this.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers Mick, thanks for that, as I said I can't ring them until the 4th Jan & the message says the Email service won't be active, but I will definitely be on it first thing.

I would email anyway.  So many places are "not open" but have people working.  Kegland are still doing online pick up orders so might have somebody walking around their warehouse who could deal with the odd email.  Worse case they will get back to you after 4 Jan.

• Like 3