Coopers Community

It's Kegging time 2022

iBooz2

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks good Mick, great score on the new fridge too 🍻

Was a good pick up with the fridge, thinking I'll add a pluto to the kegs in the fridge so I can pour beers from there as well. Gas line fits snugly through the seal of the door. 

I hadn't used Verdant before this brew and also hadn't used Citra hops. The brew smells incredible - I hope it tastes as good as it smells

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Was a good pick up with the fridge, thinking I'll add a pluto to the kegs in the fridge so I can pour beers from there as well. Gas line fits snugly through the seal of the door. 

I hadn't used Verdant before this brew and also hadn't used Citra hops. The brew smells incredible - I hope it tastes as good as it smells

That's a nifty idea, you can never have enough taps going but I need to get more kegs & fill them, a bit of catching up to do.

I haven't used Verdant but I believe it is very fast & suits Ales. I have used Citra & they are good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 3:02 AM, PintsMeLocal said:

Hey Joe. Ah no worries mate. So u didnt add any hops I presume? Next time quick hop boil and maybe dry hop amd u good to go

Yeah mate, i was just throwing odds bits in to shake off the rust & only read "Pale Ale".  Forgot to oil the machine after shakin' off the rust.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Mickep said:

Finally got the new kegerator up and running - son in law gifted me another second hand fridge which will now store the extra kegs. He's got the priorities right. 😂 Although I think there will be fridge tax in the coming months.294114156_3273913496174200_7876258382254531922_n.thumb.jpg.a7b0a9a7cb58b9b693055a0cde7622f3.jpg

Kegland Hazy pale ale FWK - smells beautiful

1404250368_294123779_1146029829277803_2707266465721059934_n(1).thumb.jpg.f17e338451c9f8542929f999a6737abb.jpg

293951338_569251064691637_7736162867846870226_n.thumb.jpg.b9f4968d44d0ef0f4ab52649d642c685.jpg

Hazy pale ale

Nice setup Mick ! Now when transferring from a FV into a keg by gravity I use a gas adapter and a piece of tube with nothing on it. For some reason the spunding valve thing didn’t work for me. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stquinto said:

Nice setup Mick ! Now when transferring from a FV into a keg by gravity I use a gas adapter and a piece of tube with nothing on it. For some reason the spunding valve thing didn’t work for me. 

I use the kegland grey thingy (Pictured above) which they sell - and as recommended by our mate, Ozzie D. It works a treat for me and definitely stops any overflow.  At around 19 liters it pretty much stops the flow of the gravity feed into the keg.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mickep said:

I use the kegland grey thingy (Pictured above) which they sell - and as recommended by our mate, Ozzie D. It works a treat for me and definitely stops any overflow.  At around 19 liters it pretty much stops the flow of the gravity feed into the keg.

Hey Mick, I must have missed something here, what is that grey thingy ? Please Explain 🤭

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Mick, I must have missed something here, what is that grey thingy ? Please Explain 🤭

its  keg flow stopper

what it does once your beer has filled the keg the  bead that is in the flow stopper will shut the flow of and will not over flow the keg

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK Cheers I just saw the video on KL, they look good & cheap too.

if you decide in a future purchase when ordering something from  @Hoppy81 or KL  

use this one  in the picture

NEW duotight Ball Lock Black/Liquid Disconnect is more realible and easier to connect/disconnect from beer and gas line.  Put simply it's the best home brew/craft brewing quick disconnect every manufactured.

or

Machined Stainless Ball Lock Disconnect - MFL Threaded (Black/Liquid)KL03018 - Stainless Liquid Ball Lock Disconnect MFL Thread

as the flow stopper   will sit straight be more level  , dont get me wrong it will still work  with the other disconnects but the flow stopper will be on a lean

• Like 2

I just kegged the Country Brewer German Kolsch ( but the kit contained US-05, so more like an Ale ) The Cold Crash certainly did the trick at 2c for 3 days - you can see all of the hop debris packed in at the bottom, I used enough to just fill the keg, now in the fridge hooked up to the gas for a fast carb, I'm thirsty 😋

20220723_123916.jpg

20220723_124318.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just kegged the Country Brewer German Kolsch ( but the kit contained US-05, so more like an Ale ) The Cold Crash certainly did the trick at 2c for 3 days - you can see all of the hop debris packed in at the bottom, I used enough to just fill the keg, now in the fridge hooked up to the gas for a fast carb, I'm thirsty 😋

20220723_123916.jpg

20220723_124318.jpg

Can someone please tell me if I am missing something here 🤔 I connected up everything, turned on the gas, set the psi to 30.

It seems that when you have set it you can't adjust it without disconnecting & reconnecting. Am I right or just dumb, by the way I haven't had a drink yet. 🤭 I figured I would leave it for 24 hours & then back to 12c.

20220723_134219.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Can someone please tell me if I am missing something here 🤔 I connected up everything, turned on the gas, set the psi to 30.

It seems that when you have set it you can't adjust it without disconnecting & reconnecting. Am I right or just dumb, by the way I haven't had a drink yet. 🤭 I figured I would leave it for 24 hours & then back to 12c.

20220723_134219.jpg

@Classic Brewing CoYes you can adjust without disconnecting, there is a small ring on top the red PRV, just pull that outwards and gas will release mate. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

@Classic Brewing CoYes you can adjust without disconnecting, there is a small ring on top the red PRV, just pull that outwards and gas will release mate. 

OK RD, thanks for responding, now I do feel like a dummo, what's the red PRV ??

Just answered my own question: Pressure Release Valve  - but do you mean the one sitting on the keg ?

I thought if I did that I would lose any gas that has just been put in. 

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Just answered my own question: Pressure Release Valve  - but do you mean the one sitting on the keg ?

OK folk's all under control Hoppy the legend just rang me & it is all sorted. As you Were !! 🪖

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

No the one sitting in the middle of the Regulator. 

70AEB903-8155-46A4-9197-C7804E193699.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I must admit I enjoy your “gas” exchanges Phil, I get the answers too without having  to put my head above the parapet, so to speak….

Cheers mate!

😂

Thanks @Red devil 44, the Gas Guru.

Well, everyone else too 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

20220723_134219.jpg

@Classic Brewing Co I suggest you use the 40/20 rule. I got that rule from @Itinerant Peasant but I think that it originally cam from @Red devil 44 the gas master.

40psi for 20 hours. I have found that it works perfectly for most ales and lagers when fermented at atmospheric pressure. For my pressure fermented brews I have to scale it back as they are already partially carbonated during the ferment in the kegmenter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kmar92 said:

@Classic Brewing Co I suggest you use the 40/20 rule. I got that rule from @Itinerant Peasant but I think that it originally cam from @Red devil 44 the gas master.

40psi for 20 hours. I have found that it works perfectly for most ales and lagers when fermented at atmospheric pressure. For my pressure fermented brews I have to scale it back as they are already partially carbonated during the ferment in the kegmenter.

Cheers @kmar92 thanks for that, I seem to remember him talking about that, for know it's on 30 so I will see how it goes.

Cheers.

• Like 2