Coopers Community

BREW DAY!! WATCHA’ GOT, EH? 2022

Marty_G

10 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

did you end up purchasing the BZ 35l and the bits and pieces

I was just talking to them & the 35l BZ by itself has a 3 yr warranty, all I would need is the lightweight paddle, neoprene jacket & 1 x AG Kit & the lot would be delivered by Freight Finders for $25.00.

Not actually a bad deal, no point paying $100 extra for the Beginners Kit because most of the accessories I don't need. I would probably go for this brew first.

https://www.kegland.com.au/single-batch-berliner-weisse-miami-weisse.html

OK Chaps add me to the list of AG Brewers ( well hopefully it works out that way )

I have just jumped down the hole with that Rabbit, I have just ordered this from Keg Land;

So there is a very good chance I will be asking you guys for advice as so graciously offered previously.

So the next chapter in my brewing adventure begins  🐰 🐇 🍻  What have I done ?? 😬

Items Ordered
Items Ordered
Product Name SKU Price Qty Subtotal
Subtotal $478.40
Shipping & Handling $27.03
Grand Total $520.59
BrewZilla 35L - Gen.3.1.1 - EXTENDED 3 YEAR WARRANTY KL05821 $399.00
  • Ordered1
$399.00
Stainless Steel Mash Paddle (61cm) (Light Duty) KL03810 $15.00
  • Ordered1
$15.00
BrewZilla 3.1 / DigiBoil 35L Jacket (Neoprene Robobrew Parka) KL04831 $18.00
  • Ordered1
$18.00
Single Batch - Berliner Weisse - Miami Weisse
Grain Options
(Recommended) Milled ($2.50 - absolute price)
This recipe kit calls for Rice Hulls. Do you have some already?
Rice Hulls 1kg ($3.99 - absolute price)
KB05281-KL09348-KL08136 $39.91
  • Ordered1
$46.40
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK Chaps add me to the list of AG Brewers ( well hopefully it works out that way )

I have just jumped down the hole with that Rabbit, I have just ordered this from Keg Land;

So there is a very good chance I will be asking you guys for advice as so graciously offered previously.

So the next chapter in my brewing adventure begins  🐰 🐇 🍻  What have I done ?? 😬

Items Ordered
Items Ordered
Subtotal $478.40
Grand Total $520.59
  • Ordered1
$399.00
  • Ordered1
$15.00
  • Ordered1
$18.00
Grain Options
  • Ordered1
$46.40

Well done mate congratulations!

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

There must be something in the air, Phil, because I just got an email from Kegland advising the arrival of those 8 litre PET kegs they've been waiting on. I've procrastinated for ages about getting kegs and these 8l jobs remove a few of the obstacles that were stopping me ie. they're cheap, fairly portable and a size that will fit in my existing bar fridge. The only reason I have to not get kegs now is my own fear of blowing myself up with pressurised gas. 😉 

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MUZZY said:

There must be something in the air, Phil, because I just got an email from Kegland advising the arrival of those 8 litre PET kegs they've been waiting on. I've procrastinated for ages about getting kegs and these 8l jobs remove a few of the obstacles that were stopping me ie. they're cheap, fairly portable and a size that will fit in my existing bar fridge. The only reason I have to not get kegs now is my own fear of blowing myself up with pressurised gas. 😉 

Hi Muzzy, I must have a look at those, I suppose they are on the website, how much are they ?

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I was just talking to them & the 35l BZ by itself has a 3 yr warranty, all I would need is the lightweight paddle, neoprene jacket & 1 x AG Kit & the lot would be delivered by Freight Finders for $25.00.

Not actually a bad deal, no point paying $100 extra for the Beginners Kit because most of the accessories I don't need. I would probably go for this brew first.

https://www.kegland.com.au/single-batch-berliner-weisse-miami-weisse.html

I thought that maybe your 1st  when you pull the pin.

Are you going to get the grain milled or you able to mill the grain yourself

If you get them to do it they will mill it to suit your bz.  Just don't go fine milled

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hi Muzzy, I must have a look at those, I suppose they are on the website, how much are they ?

The kegs are about $8 but you'll need the tapping kit which is about $15 more. They sell the two together for $23 but i doubt you'd need a tapping kit for every keg. I'm thinking of getting 2 or 3 tapping kits and around 10-12 kegs.

https://www.kegland.com.au/8l-pco38-pet-keg-with-ball-lock-disconnect-tapping-head-kit.html

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

I thought that maybe your 1st  when you pull the pin.

Are you going to get the grain milled or you able to mill the grain yourself

If you get them to do it they will mill it to suit your bz.  Just don't go fine milled

Yes just milled the normal way not fine.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

The kegs are about $8 but you'll need the tapping kit which is about $15 more. They sell the two together for $23 but i doubt you'd need a tapping kit for every keg. I'm thinking of getting 2 or 3 tapping kits and around 10-12 kegs.

https://www.kegland.com.au/8l-pco38-pet-keg-with-ball-lock-disconnect-tapping-head-kit.html

Great, thanks Muzzy, they look great I will grab a few of those too, what a top idea.

• Like 1

Just now, ozdevil said:

I hope it go well for your 1st a.g

Welcome to the rightside of brewing 

Cheers for that, it would be hard for me to stuff up too much because I do study instructions & I am a fast learner but more importantly there is a mountain of help available on this great forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Great, thanks Muzzy, they look great I will grab a few of those too, what a top idea.

Just keep in mind you'll need gas, regulator, a pluto or bronco gun as well. Possibly other stuff that I haven't thought of yet too.

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Items Ordered
Items Ordered
Subtotal $478.40
Grand Total $520.59
  • Ordered1
$399.00
  • Ordered1
$15.00
  • Ordered1
$18.00
Grain Options
  • Ordered1
$46.40

Great work, welcome to the dark side @Classic Brewing Co. I will catch up with you somewhere down that bottomless hole!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, kmar92 said:

Great work, welcome to the dark side @Classic Brewing Co. I will catch up with you somewhere down that bottomless hole!!

Cheers mate, I reckon I can work it out, I have been brewing for over 40 years so how hard can it be, my main concern is mucking up something in the overall process but one step at a time I guess.