Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

A little earlier today I kegged & fast carbed up my potential MOTB beer. I have just finished a first pour glass of it. Given the first tasting is from a still very 'green' beer, I'm actually fairly cheery about how it appears to have turned out. 

I've bottled a few with one in a PET bottle so I can monitor carbonation. I will sample a bottled version before deciding on whether to enter it or not. The beer looks to have hit the required levels for the style I am trying to make, & am finding it enjoyable to drink, & interesting on a number of levels. All I wanted to make was a beer the Coopers judges found interesting & enjoyable.

If it matures a little further in the bottle before judgement day, I will have at least achieved that. 😉

I'm a happy little Vegemite today. 😊

Lusty.

• Like 4

As I committed to Spudly for my foolishness I was to have a Coopers Stout OS + LDME tonight... and wow what a difference two days can make... the magnificent Stout has aged supremely over the last two days and is even better than on Friday !?!  OR is it the change of glass... Or is it the nice long walk in the paddock before slurping this one 😜  (just joshing)

In all honesty it is a nice drop - but I believe that augmentation with liquid malt (experienced in my Toucan Dark Ale w Lager Can) as per some of the brewers on this site - and obviously partial Mashers and All Grainers - produces an even nicer creamier result in such brews. 

And a shot of the lace netting - a trick I have learnt of Shamus OS!  (thanks mate)

I hope that means something other than just an empty glass that needs washing up? 😋

image.png.5e1aad5b6eb3a8a94882622ef439d2e8.png

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 4

Cascade IPA again. Time for the keg to finish. 

Yummy though. Rye compliments the Cascade very nicely.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190611132244379_COVER.thumb.jpg.95c46c6035b376548ca0b5cd28ea4956.jpg

Lovely wheat haze right there. And I don't need to add hazy crap like JS does with their 150 slashes.

• Like 8

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:30 PM, MitchBastard said:

Cracked my first stout tonight. Been in the bottle about 10 weeks. Probably could do with a little longer but definitely Yummo. 

'Tis the season to be stouting it seems 👍

• Like 1

My Hopgobbler. Not quite the Cooper recipe, as no Amber malt, but this is a very fine winter beer. Really happy how this one turned out.

Like a cross between an old ale and a lite chocolate porter. My beers seem to be fermenting short lately and this one just made it to 4.0% with the bottle sugar. Tastes much bigger. There is loads of flavour in this. Pic is backlit, but held to the light this is a deep ruby and clear as.

hopgob.jpg

• Like 9

A first sampling of my MNM NZ Pilsner fermented with Mangrove Jacks M54 Californian lager yeast.   Malts consisted of a Coopers OS lager can combined with 47% Gladfield's German Pilsner Malt and 5% each of their Vienna and Sour Grapes malt.  Very happy with this one, crisp clean and refreshing... a perfect brew for... errr....    Summer!    😄      

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BlackSands said:

A first sampling of my MNM NZ Pilsner fermented with Mangrove Jacks M54 Californian lager yeast.   Malts consisted of a Coopers OS lager can combined with 47% Gladfield's German Pilsner Malt and 5% each of their Vienna and Sour Grapes malt.  Very happy with this one, crisp clean and refreshing... a perfect brew for... errr....    Summer!    😄      

Rocking that BGM on that vid. 

• Like 1

Bit of a throw together Lager, some Pilsner grain & Crystal Malt grain in a little steep (leftovers) gotta do something with em hey , oh and some hops DR Ruddi tea , not too bad , think needs to be put in the shed for a month or two 👍🍺🍻

4BF05829-F84A-46EA-AA49-3A0FD5F8723D.jpeg

• Like 3

Got my red ale/FWH Cascade ale blend on tap now, it's not too bad but not the best blend I've done. Needs more hops 😂

I'm not sure how the FWH Cascade ale will go once it goes on tap although it tasted reasonable out of the fermenter, but it's a worthwhile experiment for me anyway to see what sort of hop influence results from a single FWH addition and nothing else. 

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I'm not sure how the FWH Cascade ale will go once it goes on tap although it tasted reasonable out of the fermenter, but it's a worthwhile experiment for me anyway to see what sort of hop influence results from a single FWH addition and nothing else. 

I too am looking forward to this.

Ok so tasting notes on this Kviek rosella beer. I mentioned this in the rosella Saison thread but will post here also. 

Not a Saison but farmhouse. 

Aroma is guava/raspberry/kiwi fruit?

Colour I’m 3/4 the way to where I wanted it. 

Spritzy! Fresh! Tart! Rosella, Mango, guava, pineapple, grape

Its strange and weird and delicious. Wonderfully fresh!

im really surprised at this beer. I honestly thought it was going to be a tipper. 

I want to say thanks again to @Titan for sending me the yeast. (Kviek yeast). 

I’m blown away by this beer but I think it’s got more to do with how bad I thought it was going to be. 

04A0FC4C-C3DA-4A3C-911F-8D8625C7987E.jpeg

• Like 11

Hi guys just sampling my Pirate 🏴☠️ Life Inspired Pale Ale which I copied  from @captain recipe, very nice still young and not fully carbonated but still good, look forward to it when it’s matured further/fully if it lasts that long👍

471877A6-0164-457C-959F-161955922099.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, RDT2 said:

Hi guys just sampling my Pirate 🏴☠️ Life Inspired Pale Ale which I copied  from @captain recipe, very nice still young and not fully carbonated but still good, look forward to it when it’s matured further/fully if it lasts that long👍

471877A6-0164-457C-959F-161955922099.jpeg

I think that recipe lends itself nicely to bottle carbonation. Still got plenty in her to get through being a little thin after the ferment.

great photo btw

Edited by The Captain!!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

I think that recipe lends itself nicely to bottle carbonation. Still got plenty in her to get through being a little thin after the ferment.

great photo btw

Cheers Captain it’s very smooth but still has a nice bitterness with a nice aroma cheers for posting the recipe👍 It’s dangerously drinkable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

English IPA. Ony 12 days to glass. For all those who bag S04 yeast it is a very good yeast and makes an awesome english style beer. Quick fermentation and doesn't need a cold crash to clear. Awesome yeast.

15605134468561275246203.jpg

I recently used S04 in a brown porter and a Stout it was awesome👍

• Like 1

Flanders Red onto second generation of Wyeast 3728 Belgian Lambic Blend. 6% in the glass. Slight medicine arom, good berry flavour. Clears to some weird thing, then sherry, then a big acidic sourness. Bizarre stuff. I like it though. Fermented for around 6 months.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190615133105983_COVER.thumb.jpg.b7e2ad5a87c55fafb5b695baa399d036.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, The Captain!! said:

That looks like an amazing red

Quite interesting to drink. I'll have to send you one. I bulk primed with way too much priming sugar to get it to carb, and it seems to have worked.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

Quite interesting to drink. I'll have to send you one. I bulk primed with way too much priming sugar to get it to carb, and it seems to have worked.

Because it takes so long otherwise due to that type of yeast/bacteria?

i got myself one of those carbonation caps yesterday to carb the left over bottles and use as a counter flow pressure bottle filler, so I’ll be throwing away the bottling sugar for normal beers. Only use it for the Saison’s and what not. 

First time I’ll use it will be to fill your Rosella Kveik beer to send. 

English Bitter. 4%, 35 IBU of Fuggles. Cooper's Pale Malt with amongst others some Toasted Malt from House of Malt. Really awesome malty milo like taste.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190615140012259_COVER.thumb.jpg.d48e1d6b20723422705287a539a754d6.jpg

Edited by Ben 10
  • Like 5