Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

On 4/18/2023 at 11:54 PM, jennyss said:

Another pizza night with the photo taken before the last smothering layer of mozarella cheese. Very tasty ingredients with gherkins, olives, anchovies, capers, onion,  salami and fetta cheese. Loads of mushroom, but this disappeared under all the other tastes. I added chilli later on my half.

Amazing stuff Jenny! I must try gherkins on my next pizza 👍👍👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

My mate dropped a couple of Mulloway fillers that he caught 2km form the Glenelg Marina 800m from where his boat is moored so he got a couple of beers & I got dinner. I knocked up a batter & they were beautiful; I didn't bother to show the obvious accompaniments

That looks great Phil! Out of interest, do you put beer in the batter?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

That looks great Phil! Out of interest, do you put beer in the batter?

As a matter of fact, the batter was 1 cup of Coopers Pale Ale & the rest water (the rest of the beer went down my throat)

I started with SR flour, a pinch of Turmeric & a sprinkle of salt slowly adding the liquid stirring with a whisk until I reached the consistency of yogurt.

It also helps if you flour the fish first, I just put the fish in a plastic bag & add SR flour & shake it until it is all covered.

I used Canola Oil in a wok, I love also Peanut Oil or Rice Bran oil but had none on hand.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

As a matter of fact, the batter was 1 cup of Coopers Pale Ale & the rest water (the rest of the beer went down my throat)

I started with SR flour, a pinch of Turmeric & a sprinkle of salt slowly adding the liquid stirring with a whisk until I reached the consistency of yogurt.

It also helps if you flour the fish first, I just put the fish in a plastic bag & add SR flour & shake it until it is all covered.

I used Canola Oil in a wok, I love also Peanut Oil or Rice Bran oil but had none on hand.

Mate your F&C's always look the bomb 👍🏻

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

I came across a flatiron steak here, not seen that cut in this country. Pretty cheap, lots of flavour, and goes ok with rice too

Looks good Stquinta although mine would be cooked more 😁 we would refer to that cut as Blade Steak, cut from the Chuck/Shoulder, cooked right it can be great & really tender. 

My ex-Father-in-Law was a butcher I remember cooking a lot on the BBQ, you don't see a lot of it these days.

• Like 2