Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

Not cooking a main course,  but a condiment: Chilli Tomato Chutney, made with a neighbour's chillies. They are real beauties - fiery but full of flavour.  The ingredients of chillies, tomatoes, onion, garlic, vinegar, brown sugar and spices are now simmering for a couple of hours before bottling. This brew was very popular last year. 

Chillies.jpg

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Not cooking a main course,  but a condiment: Chilli Tomato Chutney, made with a neighbour's chillies. They are real beauties - fiery but full of flavour.  The ingredients of chillies, tomatoes, onion, garlic, vinegar, brown sugar and spices are now simmering for a couple of hours before bottling. This brew was very popular last year. 

Chillies.jpg

Wow! Are they that hot you have to wear gloves and goggles to prep or not too bad? Looks the real business Jenny 👍

TTROTDO 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jennyss said:

Chillies.jpg

That sounds like my cup of tea. Yummo.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cheap Charlie said:

Rib fillet sandwich

Geez @Cheap Charlie, where was I when you put that together? I could of smashed that in a couple of gob full's.  Licking my lips, well done and you have inspired me.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jennyss said:

Nice Jenny,

You can't beat home made products, especially sauces, chutneys ets, apart from tasting good it gives you a sense of achievement as well, much better than the supermarket stuff.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jennyss said:

Chillies.jpg

Good looking chillis.. I'm not sure what they are, looks like a harbanero hybrid of some sort 🤔. Sounds like a very tasy sauce!!

• Like 2

On 4/3/2023 at 5:21 AM, stquinto said:

nd here it is. Slightly overdone for me, but it’s not my kitchen (oven) and we overdid the apéritif a bit…

Touch of the Doris Day there Mick, sorry about that 😝

You are excused oh Saintly one - no home ground advantage - but you still managed to kick goals. Well played. Doris Day filter suits the occasion extremely well I'd have thought.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Pickled Pork covered in a honey, Dijon mustard and  cracked pepper - in the oven at 100 degrees C until internal temp hit 70 C and then well rested until cool.

Went well on sourdough toast with smashed Avo, egg, lettuce, and mayo.

337567583_748042963598708_5265050002386840446_n.jpg

337439197_257942609920509_7158436918458234456_n.jpg

337166439_1438850583541061_1311226898589085023_n.jpg

Looks delicious, never tried pickled pork before, will have to give it a go!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Cheap Charlie said:

Looks delicious, never tried pickled pork before, will have to give it a go!

Mate I did this in the oven, but if you have a smoker (or charcoal weber) even better. Normally on the smoker at about 110 degreesC until internal temp hits about 68 - 70 then wrap and rest.....knife cuts through it like butter.  

• Like 2

On 4/4/2023 at 3:08 AM, Tricky Micky said:

Pickled Pork covered in a honey, Dijon mustard and  cracked pepper - in the oven at 100 degrees C until internal temp hit 70 C and then well rested until cool.

Went well on sourdough toast with smashed Avo, egg, lettuce, and mayo.

Looks beautiful and moist mate 👍👍👍

I try not to overcook pork these days, the “safety temperature” was brought down a bit a few years back (by the Yanks that is) to 63 C

https://blog.thermoworks.com/pork/rethinking-thought-knew-about-internal-temperature-pork/

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I try not to overcook pork these days, the “safety temperature” was brought down a bit a few years back (by the Yanks that is) to 63 C

https://blog.thermoworks.com/pork/rethinking-thought-knew-about-internal-temperature-pork/

Yeah, I agree 63c is safe but sometimes I don't mind a few crispy bits, the most important thing is to rest it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stquinto said:

Yeah take it off the heat at about 68 deg C. Rest for ages covered....seems to work well

• Like 1

I’m getting embarrassed posting the same pics of dinner… 
I will be shamed into making new dishes every now and again.

Anyway, Züricher-style veal with Rösti, then (on a separate evening I hasten to add), crispy chicken with tomatoes, olives and green beans. Probably has a better name but in the book it was named after the bloke’s aunt. And a drop of French red

A553DF65-CD64-46C2-BA50-8326ECF9DA3F.jpeg

0ACF1357-8263-408B-8560-B5116A71E58F.jpeg

5AD29B24-6D85-47EF-BD3E-E37764327527.jpeg

• Like 6