Coopers Community

GOLF

iBooz2

25 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

I’m at Ipswich and have had to drain my in ground pool 6 times so far, granted it’s only 5m x 3m 

I reckon mine should be ok now. The rain doesn't seem as heavy today. 

Golf's off though, course is closed all weekend due to flooding. Just watching it this weekend, got the WPGA event from Sandringham on Kayo at the moment

15 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I reckon mine should be ok now. The rain doesn't seem as heavy today. 

Golf's off though, course is closed all weekend due to flooding. Just watching it this weekend, got the WPGA event from Sandringham on Kayo at the moment

Yeah nice, eased off here too.

I shall kick back & watch the NRL Preseason on kayo with a nice pint of AG Samuel Adam’s Boston Lager Clone or 6. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah nice, eased off here too.

I shall kick back & watch the NRL Preseason on kayo with a nice pint of AG Samuel Adam’s Boston Lager Clone or 6. 

Yeah I had the AFL practice match on earlier but it's a bit crap without the normal crowd sound (there are people there). It's almost too hard to choose what to watch on there sometimes, so much choice!

1 minute ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Yeah I had the AFL practice match on earlier but it's a bit crap without the normal crowd sound (there are people there). It's almost too hard to choose what to watch on there sometimes, so much choice!

Yeah I’m a sports nut, kayo is about all I watch or brewing videos on you tube. 🤣

Im a Cronulla Sharks man ever since I was a kid, now my daughters boyfriend plays NSW Cup for them, so I have a jersey & hoody coming in the mail soon. He’s been getting a few runs in the First Grade during pre-season, so fingers crossed he makes it into the big time, he’s a good kid and I know it’s his dream to play NRL, even better for me, free team wear 🤣🤣

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah I’m a sports nut, kayo is about all I watch or brewing videos on you tube. 🤣

Im a Cronulla Sharks man ever since I was a kid, now my daughters boyfriend plays NSW Cup for them, so I have a jersey & hoody coming in the mail soon. He’s been getting a few runs in the First Grade during pre-season, so fingers crossed he makes it into the big time, he’s a good kid and I know it’s his dream to play NRL, even better for me, free team wear 🤣🤣

Lol nice. Yeah I love my sport too but generally only cricket, AFL and golf. Still plenty of that to watch, more than I have time to really. 

• Like 1

Par comp today (did I mention I hate Par!!). Chipped poorly today which put pressure on my putting. Finished -4 after parring the last hole.

Two highlights for the day,  I did at least win the B Grade long drive and my mate in our group had an Albatross other Par 5 17th. It was something to see, his second shot from 200+ metres rolled up against the flagstick.

• Like 2

Another cracker day for Golf here in deep south Oz, I feel for you boys getting all the rain.

Stableford, Hit some good but too many bad, always seemed just off.

29 with a wipe on the last, hate that, hit a great drive, 9 iron into the green, pushed it wide.

Should have been a simple chip but pulled it a few feet caught the slope near the bunker and dropped in!

Low lip to the bunker, short shot to the flag, went under it a bit and it popped to the edge and rolled back.

missed again, changed my stance to more of a bump and run with the 60 deg.

knocked it to an inch.. to late that was my last shot.......

• Sad 1

Yeah it's pretty crap here at the moment. Today's no different to yesterday so far except with thunder. Hopefully it eases off as the day goes, looking at the radar once this current band of rain goes through there's not much behind it but that could always change. I've just got the Honda classic on while I do some cleaning up inside. Can't do much else. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

No work today, probably same tomorrow too. At least we get paid. Meanwhile my club has posted a video update of the course, don't think there'll be much play on it for a little while 👀

Wow Otto, heaps of water, incredible, it could take a while to clean up, looks like a nice course too. 

• Like 1

It's closed all week, Saturday bookings are still on but may end up being cancelled too. There will be plenty of members helping out if needed, they usually don't have trouble getting volunteers. 

Yeah I don't know off the top of my head what the average rainfall per year is here but 600mm is clearly way over the top. 

It is a nice course though. The front 9 has more of a variety of holes but the back 9 is more difficult. It's also where I did my greenkeeping apprenticeship. 

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 1

Water level has dropped there this morning but still a fair bit over the course. Second day of not working, not sure when I'll be back. Gonna pop down the shops today and see what I can find in the way of food. Most of the roads out of my local area are closed however there is a way out, not that I have any need to use it. The traffic on the roads that are open is ridiculous apparently, so I'm just gonna stay home and find stuff to do around here. The lawn has dried out enough to mow it so I might do that and hit some foam practice balls against the shed or something.  Thankfully I haven't lost power. 

4 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Water level has dropped there this morning but still a fair bit over the course. Second day of not working, not sure when I'll be back. Gonna pop down the shops today and see what I can find in the way of food. Most of the roads out of my local area are closed however there is a way out, not that I have any need to use it. The traffic on the roads that are open is ridiculous apparently, so I'm just gonna stay home and find stuff to do around here. The lawn has dried out enough to mow it so I might do that and hit some foam practice balls against the shed or something.  Thankfully I haven't lost power. 

Hang in there Otto it must be more than frustrating & of course inconvenient but as long as you can stay safe & not suffer any damage to the property there is not a lot you can do, All the best, Cheers - have a beer 🍻 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hang in there Otto it must be more than frustrating & of course inconvenient but as long as you can stay safe & not suffer any damage to the property there is not a lot you can do, All the best, Cheers - have a beer 🍻 

Yeah it is but in the grand scheme of things it's a pretty minor issue when others are losing their homes and whatever. I rang a nearby course today that wouldn't have gone under but they're still closed, might be open tomorrow. 

My place is fine, and with the water starting to recede it won't be in any danger. I'm gonna take the dog for a walk in a bit and see what's happening with the water down the road. The picture is basically around the corner from me, video further down at the river itself. 

I'm just waiting to see if I get a call from work later, if not then I'll be home tomorrow as well and I'll see if that course is open. If it is I might be able to go have a hit. 

20220228_095450.thumb.jpg.8a3933329342bf9a81fc2f6ea6b61169.jpg

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:
4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah it is but in the grand scheme of things it's a pretty minor issue when others are losing their homes and whatever. I rang a nearby course today that wouldn't have gone under but they're still closed, might be open tomorrow. 

My place is fine, and with the water starting to recede it won't be in any danger. I'm gonna take the dog for a walk in a bit and see what's happening with the water down the road. The picture is basically around the corner from me, video further down at the river itself. 

I'm just waiting to see if I get a call from work later, if not then I'll be home tomorrow as well and I'll see if that course is open. If it is I might be able to go have a hit. 

Yes I agree there are a lot of people worse off, it would be terrible, that is one s.... load of water, I hope it resides soon & people can re-build their lives & move on. Good luck with your hit, gotta keep the arm oiled !

• Like 1

It has dropped a fair bit since yesterday when I got those pictures. The water is below the top floor of that rowing club building, they were in there sweeping out the water when I went for a walk down. Picture from the same spot as yesterday's picture.

I got a call while I was out advising me I have a day off tomorrow again, which I'm not complaining about. I'll check in the morning if any courses are open, and accessible. 

20220301_170332.thumb.jpg.f48490b674749ff97f5097e53c35d3c7.jpg

Edited by Otto Von Blotto

wow   havent been keeping up with the golf thread due to be over in the gods country Tasmania  and  long way from the floods.

i must say @Otto Von Blotto  pretty devestating to see mate  whats happing in Qld and NSW

any golf on any course  you play on is not going to be good golf wether playable or not personly
i would be spending some time helping the club in whatever way i could with the clean up

most any club would ask of there members is 1-2 hours to help out. and not that much to ask for really 
and times like this our clubs need the help more then ever.

anyway hope you can find a course to play but i wouldnt want to be playing in  soaked up golf course with lots of casual water

Too early to do any cleanup at my home course, it's still flooded and no access to it as the roads are all closed around it. By the time it's receded my work will probably be pretty much back to normal again too so spare time will be pretty scarce. The weekend I could do a bit if they are out there. 

Gailes is a little different, most of the fairways slope sideways, so there usually isn't too much casual water around, it also didn't flood. It'll be damp more than usual for sure, their conditions are to tee the ball up through the green, but either way, crap golf is better than no golf even if it's just to practice my swing. 

• Like 1