Coopers Community

GOLF

iBooz2

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I don't like Ambrose.. I'm sure it's fine for a sponsor's drink day but it's not golf I want to play.

I like to Play Golf then drink, not during the game but I will catch up later!

i look at these days  as a bit fun (not so much for a drink ,  but its a day  you can try some different shots you dont normally do unless the team are relying on your shot.

i Dont mind these style of games as i find stroke/par/stableford repeated all the time get monotonous.   and just the friendly game to break it up.   i am not saying every month has to be hit giggle type game.

but  these games arent for everyone

• Like 1

Wednesday Comp: Why did I bother.

Back was tight from trying to fix the trike, too much time bending over. I had it up on milk crates but still too low.

Hit my first drive good but with a bit of a tail.. it was six holes before I hit another good one. Just wasn't comfortable over the ball.

A few pars late in the game to bring me up a bit but only to 26 points.

Handicap stayed the same 17.7

• Like 2

I'm tossing up whether to go to the range today or do some stuff around the house. My break is long enough for either but not both. I'm thinking the range and just make sure I'm awake early enough Saturday to do the yard stuff then. It'll probably do me better to get a bit of practice in before the weekend and just keep that muscle memory there.

• Like 2

Good session today. Feeling good about the weekend's rounds now. When I'm hitting 3 irons dead straight I know I'm swinging it pretty well. Worked on deliberately fading and drawing it today. Took that, the 6 iron and the 54° wedge, and did a little short game practice as well. Probably should take the 58° for that next time though since it's the one I mainly use around the green. I've been playing around with opening and closing the club face with that one to play a variety of shots around the green. It's proving to be quite a versatile club. 

• Like 2

It does come in handy the shaping. 

I usually do about 20-30 minutes practice chipping around the green before a comp round, but I pretty much always use the 58° for them so it would make sense to practice with it as well to dial it in as accurate as I can. The other two I mainly use as distance gap fillers for full shots, but they also get use for longer bunker shots than greenside length. 

• Like 2

Today was absolutely you know what. Couldn't get any sort of rhythm going, swing just felt out of sorts all day. Fatted half my irons which is unusual. Scorecard says it all really. At least my handicap is unaffected. Playing in the morning with the social club, hopefully I can find my swing again then. 

1951687709_Screenshot_20220319-183358_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.85086937d75190a95676b6d97168402a.jpg

Saturday Comp Stableford: Felt good in the warm up, back stiffness eased.

Started slow but held it together for the first nine, 19 points.

Birdied the par five,  third hole in, felt good but that was the end of the run.

Sloppy play and swing just off, came home with 14 points for 33 total.

Ok day but left too much behind on the closing holes.

Another day of "What could have been"

That incorrect round finally got sorted today when I went into the pro shop to get my shoes re-cleated. My handicap is now as it should be, sitting at 14.8. I'll be off 13 on Sunday since the comp is off the white tees. Target score is 84 to play to it. I have a lesson before it, which also includes looking at fairway woods to replace my old one(s) currently in the bag. I haven't yet decided whether I'll go with two woods and have irons 4-P or just roll with one and have irons 3-P plus the wedges, which is my current configuration. At the moment I'll probably just stick with one, and work it out later in the year when I replace my irons. 

• Like 2

Well done Otto

Golf this weekend for me is just with the social group.. was going to play o  Saturday but have to pay 30 bucks for comp and a band lunch  to play my own course  lol.  

As its our clubs open event

• Like 1

No golf for me this weekend. We're in the middle of vintage so I am picking grapes until about 4.00am. I'm getting too old to work all night, sleep for 2 hours then play 18 holes.

I might treat myself to a new driver when golfing resumes. 

• Like 2

Missed my regular Wednesday Comp (MRI on the Ankle)

Played today instead:

No warm up, few chips and hit off. 

Lost ball on the par 5 third, hit my third shot from (a different fairway) under a tree and no one saw it again!

Ended an average day with 14 & 16 for 30

Looks better than it was with a Par on the last, after pushing my approach to the green 10m right.

Chipped the next one in to look good, not.

Golf (Handicap holding at 17.7)

• Like 3

Saturday Comp, Stableford:

Another day that didn't go well, Started ok feel good, just didn't score well.

On the seventh tea, I drove 20m into the dam wall (mud), hurt my ankle, don't know how, could not put any weight on it.

Next six holes was a wast of time as I could hardly stand!

the pain eased and I finished but the score was not pretty.

Ended with 29, then the day got worse....

Came home for beer, New batch..

First two are Sour..  hope that improves but think it might be my first real Fail (batch).

Will mix it with Stout to get through the day, hope that is enough to kill the sour or i'm wasting the Stout.

• Sad 2

I see your 29 and raise you a 27 point round today. I did have a lesson prior to the round so that probably didn't help; although it will overall, I usually tend to spray them a bit initially while I get used to the new stuff. However, when I did get it right I hit it well. 

Also picked up a new wood this morning, Titleist tsi3 adjustable. It goes about as far as my driver, so that one might benefit from a shaft change. The wood has a slightly heavier stiff flex whereas the driver is a regular flex, I'm gonna see what the pro thinks next time I see him. I've got a hunch a stiff flex in the driver would help with control and distance. 

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 1

Social golf today 44 on the way in and 45 on the way out   not bad for hacker 

was pretty easy couse missed out on a hole on one by inches

would have dropped if someone pulled the pin for me but my mates didnt want to do the run when i said pull the pin please this is going in the hole

the biggest part of the day was i won 20 bucks +a red wine

but having said that i missed 4-5 birdie oppurtunities

• Like 2

Well the stupid weather ruined any plans to practice through the week but I did have a better round today in the monthly medal. Didn't start well, and felt a bit out of sorts through the front 9. I made a comment that I had to shoot +4 on the back to be even with my handicap. I wasn't expecting much but got into a nice rhythm on the back 9 to finish off well and get to my target score to shoot my handicap and drop it back down to 14.9. I was half blocked by a tree on my approach on the last, but managed to get a nice little right to left drift on it to land about 3 feet from the pin for a relatively simple birdie putt. Initially I lined it up straight but when I stood over it I could feel the slope going away from me, good thing I realigned it. Tomorrow morning I'm playing in the social club. 

527268610_Screenshot_20220402-184727_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7c17362eff7c4d657242e19e2aa8e5c7.jpg

• Like 3

interesting day for me   missed 2  long putts for birdie   and missed 3-4 pars  easily due to stupid decisions going on in my brain

furthermore didnt like 1 of the players as he openly admits to wife bashing was not happy when the pro  putt him in our group and i said  to the young pro ya taking the murder conviction if i kill him (i was dead serious)

anyway i suffered the round with that dude   

had some funny shots but some good shots as well 

10th hole being or 1st hole we played  put one over the fence for 6   and out   .  could have went from point of entry and play 4 but decided  to put another down and bang  middle then a short iron in and 4 feet away missed 1st putt  but in for 6   

the weather was drizzle wind calm drizzle all the way round

a few 3 puts cost me the medal but hey was happy with a net 71

• Like 2

He sounds like a treat to play with 👀

I was happy with my score too, just not the first half. I'm also enjoying this new fairway wood a lot, I didn't have a lot of confidence with or particularly enjoy hitting the old ones I had but this one is a lot better, every time I use it I feel like I'm gonna hit a decent shot. Pretty consistently hitting it over 200 metres which is a great help on par 5s, sometimes I'll tee off with it as well. 

• Like 2