Coopers Community

GOLF

iBooz2

Cheers. Yeah just a couple of silly double bogeys but no triples which was good. Yeah I hate 3 putt bogeys too, but I also hate 2 putt bogeys when I'm within 2 feet for the first putt, like happened on 18🤦

The app is called golf pad. I use it for scores obviously but also for club distances, distances to the green or other things like hazards etc., and other stats. It's quite good. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

The app is called golf pad. I use it for scores obviously but also for club distances, distances to the green or other things like hazards etc., and other stats. It's quite good. 

I just had a look at the app looks pretty cool.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RDT2 said:

I just had a look at the app looks pretty cool.

Yeah it's pretty cool. I find the distances to greens are pretty on point so I can confidently choose the right club. I have the paid version as well as the tags that go in the ends of the grips so I don't have to pull my phone out for every shot. Only trouble is my putter can't have one on it because of the counterbalance weight in the handle 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wednesday Comp: My ankle's have been playing up bad and so I Picked up a Ride on Trike (Fourstar, found it on Gumtree down at Glenelg North), to help me get through the rounds. Arrived at the course and everyone wanted to know what was going On, not walking.. I think it throw me off a bit for the first few hits/holes.

One point after two holes, seemed to hit the grove from then on, with the odd hiccup. Felt like I was Playing average and with the aid of a few good late holes, ended with 33 points, thought that would hold my handicap as is but no, out .5

Had a Guinness in the club and Motored home. Must say, that was the best I've felt after a game ever, no aches and pains. But if I don't walk the course, I'm going to end up a Huge Fat Bas.....d will need to do some extra cycling..

Two day comp on the weekend followed by Vets on Monday, going to be a tough few days.

Beer will fix it..

• Like 4

Well done David - 33 points after that start is good going.  Good pick up with the trike. 

I've got tendinitis in my ankles so I share a cart with my mate who is due for a knee replacement. You do finish a round feeling a lot better than walking, especially on the hot, humid days we have had recently. 

Where do you play?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone had one of those motorbike style ride on carts when I played on Sunday, I've seen them online but never on a course until then 🤣

I'm doing a brew day on Saturday so just playing in the Sunday comp this week. Tonight I decided to change the loft and lie on my driver along with moving one of the weights towards the face, just to see if I can get a bit more distance out of it. Probably should do these things in a practice round but meh. 

In the meantime watching the Euro tour on Kayo, just to see all the fancy shots I can't play 😂

• Like 2

I play about 5 times a year give or take a few depending on year. My local 27 hole course was flooded weeks ago and took a week to get 9 holes ready. Not sure if rest up and running yet but need to get out for day. Im a hacker at best and to avoid getting cranky and throwing clubs over a score sometimes i dont score. Just keep going until get it in at end its a day out in fresh air.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GregT5 said:

Well done David - 33 points after that start is good going.  Good pick up with the trike. 

I've got tendinitis in my ankles so I share a cart with my mate who is due for a knee replacement. You do finish a round feeling a lot better than walking, especially on the hot, humid days we have had recently. 

Where do you play?

I Play at South Lakes GC in Goolwa SA

It was nice not walking but I do enjoy the walk, just can't for now, hope to get back to walking but it not the Trike will keep me playing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Tonight I decided to change the loft and lie on my driver along with moving one of the weights towards the face, just to see if I can get a bit more distance out of it.

Yes, it's good to tinker, I move weights and change loft, settled on a 10.5 Draw and play a very Flat low shot, when it works!

• Like 2

early start to my game tommorow    up at sparrows fart and teeing off @8:04am to avoid the predicted temp  (i dont  like heat above 25°c     and its a 4 ball tommorow and i have a 28 handicapper on my side which will help

then sunday  have social golf  group day  followed by a bbq

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

early start to my game tommorow    up at sparrows fart and teeing off @8:04am to avoid the predicted temp  (i dont  like heat above 25°c     and its a 4 ball tommorow and i have a 28 handicapper on my side which will help

then sunday  have social golf  group day  followed by a bbq

Well then no beer for you tonight old chap, off to bed & rest there's a good boy. 😀

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, DavidM said:

Yes, it's good to tinker, I move weights and change loft, settled on a 10.5 Draw and play a very Flat low shot, when it works!

Yeah, I have the M5. I think the loft is at 11.25°, lie angle more upright, one weight left where it was in the heel and the other one up the centre track behind the face. Hopefully I don't spray them too much although my swing is better now and I'm getting it straighter. 

• Like 2

Cobra F8 for me, keep it on the draw side, I was a huge slicer, when I started.

Driving range today, Put an aliment rod down and hit several 7 irons mostly good

driver, first four, Huge Slice.

Put the aliment rod away, took a walk about..

Nailed my next five drives to the end of the range into a head wind.

Golf.. go figure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I have mine set up for draw bias, however my coach has taught me how to hit draws, I just need to practice it more. For me at least, it's a pretty small adjustment of what I do with my left arm on the downswing, while the rest of the swing pretty much stays the same.

My usual miss is a slice as well, but occasionally I'll pull it straight left, so I have no issues deliberately cutting the ball if needed. Came in handy a couple of times last week on par 5s getting out from behind trees and also advancing a good distance closer to the green instead of just bunting it back onto the fairway. 

Once I get more practice in, I should get to a point of being able to shape shots either way on demand, which is a useful skill. 

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 2

Sunday comp day today, playing off the blue tees. I have never worked out why some Sundays are off the blue and some off the white. Still, daily handicap is 17, so I'm targeting 88 or lower off the stick to keep it trending down. Beautiful day for it which always puts me in a positive frame of mind!

• Like 2

Well that was an absolute load of rubbish today apart from a three hole stretch on the front 9. Couldn't get the swing going at all, putts wouldn't drop, and lost my tee shot on the last after hitting it straight left into a tree and having no idea where it ended up. On a positive note I am getting more used to my new wedges, and working out how to use them for different types of chips around the green. Handicap unaffected at least. Still better than going to work though. 

617950085_Screenshot_20220213-170735_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5aa740b5343df7e2fda3e6ec94cbceb9.jpg

2 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Well that was an absolute load of rubbish today apart from a three hole stretch on the front 9. Couldn't get the swing going at all, putts wouldn't drop, and lost my tee shot on the last after hitting it straight left into a tree and having no idea where it ended up. On a positive note I am getting more used to my new wedges, and working out how to use them for different types of chips around the green. Handicap unaffected at least. Still better than going to work though. 

617950085_Screenshot_20220213-170735_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5aa740b5343df7e2fda3e6ec94cbceb9.jpg

Could have sworn you would have shot an 85 but there is always next week. Go have a Beer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Could have sworn you would have shot an 85 but there is always next week. Go have a Beer.

This is true. I didn't get any chance to practice through the week which didn't help. I do this week though, and playing both days next weekend. There's always one of these crappy rounds at times though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

This is true. I didn't get any chance to practice through the week which didn't help. I do this week though, and playing both days next weekend. There's always one of these crappy rounds at times though. 

You will do it, I agree practice does help but I remember in my Darting career I found just before an Open or Tournament a couple of days off seemed to sort out a few things, in your mind anyway but at Friday night/Weekend knockouts you just go for it, your body becomes a machine & you can't lose, until you realise there is always going to be someone better come along & nick the money.

Go for it OVB.