Coopers Community

GOLF

iBooz2

15 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Sneaked into Sunday's comp at my club as someone pulled out of one of the groups. I did have a solo round booked but cancelled that, if I'm gonna play in crappy conditions I'd rather be in a group given it's more difficult to see your own tee shots. Now just to wait and see whether it goes ahead or not. I reckon a lot will depend on how much it rains tomorrow and Saturday. 

Hey Otto, just butting in here, I noticed in some of your earlier posts you had some fancy tap handles, do you know of anywhere I can get them ? I have googled it to death but only come up with crappy wooden ones, ebay or American sites.

Cheers

Phil

58 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Otto, just butting in here, I noticed in some of your earlier posts you had some fancy tap handles, do you know of anywhere I can get them ? I have googled it to death but only come up with crappy wooden ones, ebay or American sites.

Cheers

Phil

I got all mine off eBay, from memory most of them came from overseas. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers

Phil

https://www.etsy.com/au/market/beer_tap_handle

plenty here to go through

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah thanks but already seen those, I don't want wooden ones.

I remember seeing a site where you could get 3D printed ones.  Pretty basic designs though.

Also Kegland has the Bishop Tap Handles, but you have probably seen them already: https://www.kegland.com.au/bishop-tap-handle-for-recipe-kits.html

Alternatively, keep your handles simple but get the Plastic Chrome Decal Holders and make your own graphics https://www.kegland.com.au/73mm-chrome-decal-holder.html

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I remember seeing a site where you could get 3D printed ones.  Pretty basic designs though.

Also Kegland has the Bishop Tap Handles, but you have probably seen them already: https://www.kegland.com.au/bishop-tap-handle-for-recipe-kits.html

Alternatively, keep your handles simple but get the Plastic Chrome Decal Holders and make your own graphics https://www.kegland.com.au/73mm-chrome-decal-holder.html

Thanks Shamus, I have seen the Bishop Tap Handles, they are not bad, but the link to the K/L Plastic Home Decal Holders & Sun is helpful.

Occasionally you see this type on Gumtree etc.

Image 5 - Carlton Draught CUB Beer screw on design home brew bar pub tap top knob handle

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Thanks Shamus, I have seen the Bishop Tap Handles, they are not bad, but the link to the K/L Plastic Home Decal Holders & Sun is helpful.

Image 5 - Carlton Draught CUB Beer screw on design home brew bar pub tap top knob handle

Cheers.

seen that exact one on ebay just moments ago

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/255227200632?hash=item3b6cba0478:g:Q7MAAOSwtKFhkHaP&frcectupt=true

$35 bucks though , might be bit on the expensive side of life

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

I agree I like the vintage look but as long as it screws into a Nukatap, I notice there a lot's of secondhand ones on ebay & a bit pricey too but that is the type I like.

14 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I agree I like the vintage look but as long as it screws into a Nukatap, I notice there a lot's of secondhand ones on ebay & a bit pricey too but that is the type I like.

i believe  the threads on the nukatap are a standard fit and would fit these.   however iam on 90% sure 

if it is a 3/8-16unc  thread  this  tap handle will fit

• Like 1

No golf this weekend at all now. Home course closed. This rain can bugger off, not just because of that but this relentless miserable weather isn't doing much for my mood. 

Apart from a catch up tomorrow arvo I'll probably not be doing much other than watching footy this weekend. 

• Sad 3

13 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers.

They look good.  However they might have a bigger thread than the Nukatap.  I got an older one like this that has a much bigger thread.  I guess I could get some kind of thread into a thread adapter, but I am not good at measuring threads and have not bothered looking into it.

This is my brewing area lately, and a lot of the reason why I'm not bothering to do any this weekend. I have electrical cords out there around where the crate is for the urn, and not really too keen on constantly walking in and out of rain to do various things across the day either. I still have beer on tap although I'm not sure how much is left in the kegs. 

20220514_122254.thumb.jpg.86c4db7700102d9a3c7bc0be75fc9010.jpg

3 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

This is my brewing area lately, and a lot of the reason why I'm not bothering to do any this weekend. I have electrical cords out there around where the crate is for the urn, and not really too keen on constantly walking in and out of rain to do various things across the day either. I still have beer on tap although I'm not sure how much is left in the kegs. 

20220514_122254.thumb.jpg.86c4db7700102d9a3c7bc0be75fc9010.jpg

You blokes are copping a bit of rain, you would sorta get sick of it after a while. I have seen the floods on the news, not good.

Hope it sort's out before you run out of beer ! 😬 

Indeed. You'd think so but who knows. I reckon it's rained more days this year than the last ten combined 😑

I have set aside the Saturday in 2 weeks time to do a brew, so hopefully that will be a better day with the weather. I'll have to stick to ales for now as I broke my 5 litre flask today 🙄

Playing in comps both days next weekend, provided this stupid rain stops in time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You blokes are copping a bit of rain, you would sorta get sick of it after a while. I have seen the floods on the news, not good.

Hope it sort's out before you run out of beer ! 😬 

I'm absolutely sick to death of it to be honest, and I'm not even under threat of being flooded. It really doesn't do much for the motivation to do anything constructive either. I can't even do any real practice for golf, I could work on my putting stroke in the lounge room but it's something I don't struggle with on course...it's the full swing and short game I need to work on the most so that's out as well.

I'll run out long before I get any more kegs filled but not much I can do when the brewing area is constantly bloody wet. The water on the ground has just gathered there from rain falling in the open area, but if the wind is in the right direction it just blows in under the roof. Not really ideal for doing anything. 

• Sad 2

Saturday Comp: Stableford

Started with a cracker drive, followed by three crap shots, drained the 25 foot put to look good but not really.

Kind of how the day went, some great shots along with Crap.

17 out but fell down on the next 9, limped over the line with 14 to look respectable but not really!

very windy, hard to go up two clubs and commit to the shot or down and think I'll never make it that far.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I'm absolutely sick to death of it to be honest, and I'm not even under threat of being flooded. It really doesn't do much for the motivation to do anything constructive either. I can't even do any real practice for golf, I could work on my putting stroke in the lounge room but it's something I don't struggle with on course...it's the full swing and short game I need to work on the most so that's out as well.

I'll run out long before I get any more kegs filled but not much I can do when the brewing area is constantly bloody wet. The water on the ground has just gathered there from rain falling in the open area, but if the wind is in the right direction it just blows in under the roof. Not really ideal for doing anything. 

Yeah well I know what you mean, I can do all my brewing inside even with the Brew Zilla as there is heaps of room & now I won't be using the chiller, I would rather cube them. At the end of the day there is not much you can do about the weather so I hope it clears up for you.

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah well I know what you mean, I can do all my brewing inside even with the Brew Zilla as there is heaps of room & now I won't be using the chiller, I would rather cube them. At the end of the day there is not much you can do about the weather so I hope it clears up for you.

Theoretically I could brew inside if I could be bothered lifting the grain bag out by hand, but it's usually pretty messy trying to do that. I'd rather do it out there in that half of the garage. They reckon it's gonna be a wet winter so I'm guessing this crap ain't going anywhere, might get a week or two of half decent weather before it bloody comes back again. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Saturday Comp: Stableford

Started with a cracker drive, followed by three crap shots, drained the 25 foot put to look good but not really.

Kind of how the day went, some great shots along with Crap.

17 out but fell down on the next 9, limped over the line with 14 to look respectable but not really!

very windy, hard to go up two clubs and commit to the shot or down and think I'll never make it that far.

I've gotten used to the wind at my course. It usually blows the same direction every time I play there so I kinda get used to what clubs to hit on what holes, but I don't really have a back off gear, I just go at everything and try to choose the right club, aside from the inside 70 pitch shots.  Example the par 3 3rd is about 150 and 9m below the tee, front pin and wind behind like normal it's a 9 iron, middle or back pin it's an 8 iron, works for white or blue tees. No wind go a club up, wind in opposite direction two up. Black tees it's a 6 iron regardless of pin position because it's the only club that'll get over the front bunker without running off the back, maybe a 5 iron into the wind. It's crazy how much it holds up the ball sometimes but I find if you are confident in the club selection you generally hit better shots. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

but I find if you are confident in the club selection you generally hit better shots. 

Have to agree, when you are confident it the club it's all good.

Today was a different wind direction to normal, had me guessing too often.

Standing on the Tenth with a 4HI, knowing that without the wind I would put the ball over the fence and across the road into the houses, I started doubting my choice and my swing was not pure and I missed the green (Par 3).

• Like 1

It was actually different to normal at my course last weekend too, but usually it's a South Easterly so most holes are either into or with the wind, not many where it's a crosswind. Around August it switches to westerly and it's usually stronger than the normal breeze the rest of the year. Last year I hit a 320 metre drive assisted by that westerly 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1