Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

As young fella at a work Christmas party I popped a plum into an arrogant older work fella's cup of Baileys which later he found and was pretty unhappy about it all...  matter of fact... he was quite out-of-plumb about it 🥳

Edited by Pezzza
  • Haha 8

Testing day for the 2 beers I kegged on Monday at midday, 30psi for 48 hours now down to 12psi, 

On the left a Coopers Draught, very drinkable, I could keep pouring this, it is nice.

On the right is a Coopers Real Ale made with the yeast from a former batch - I am thinking I used far too much as it is very hazy but drinkable. 

Do any of you Yeast pundits have any views on the amount to actually use in a 23l batch, I think I used at least 600ml mixed with the fresh wort.

I am thinking it will clear up in the keg after a couple of weeks.

20221123_171314.thumb.jpg.d84a5475e0081c631afa56d596fbcba6.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Testing day for the 2 beers I kegged on Monday at midday, 30psi for 48 hours now down to 12psi, 

On the left a Coopers Draught, very drinkable, I could keep pouring this, it is nice.

On the right is a Coopers Real Ale made with the yeast from a former batch - I am thinking I used far too much as it is very hazy but drinkable. 

Do any of you Yeast pundits have any views on the amount to actually use in a 23l batch, I think I used at least 600ml mixed with the fresh wort.

One thing Ive never done is recapture yeast Phil. I should because that Hefe I kegged yesterday is sensational. How do you go about it?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Beer Goggles said:

One thing Ive never done is recapture yeast Phil. I should because that Hefe I kegged yesterday is sensational. How do you go about it?

I am surprised you never have; everyone is on about re-using yeast/dirty batches etc which I am not a fan of & will never do. I tried the re-used a few times but really, I couldn't be bothered doing it again. Fresh yeast is available & not very expensive,

I simply just sanitised everything to death & took as much as I could from the bottom of the FV & put it in a flask, glad wrapped it & fridged it. I can't find the photo, but this is the flask I use.

It can be tricky & messy, but I worked out a way with a long-handled spoon & a funnel, I dunno, maybe I will do it again .

20220730_121115.jpg

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am surprised you never have; everyone is on about re-using yeast/dirty batches etc which I am not a fan of & will never do. I tried the re-used a few times but really, I couldn't be bothered doing it again. Fresh yeast is available & not very expensive,

I simply just sanitised everything to death & took as much as I could from the bottom of the FV & put it in a flask, glad wrapped it & fridged it. I can't find the photo, but this is the flask I use.

It can be tricky & messy, but I worked out a way with a long-handled spoon & a funnel, I dunno, maybe I will do it again .

20220730_121115.jpg

Ok yeah Its something I cant really be naffed with. I'd rather pitch a fresh packet or two. The Hoppster drops it off at my door so its not expensive. I'd rather not take the risk.

• Like 4

Just now, Mr Beer Goggles said:

Ok yeah Its something I cant really be naffed with. I'd rather pitch a fresh packet or two. The Hoppster drops it off at my door so its not expensive. I'd rather not take the risk.

I am definitely sharing your thoughts, but I thought I would try it, it does work, loved by many on here, but honestly when I poured the first tester with the Real Ale, I thought it was a failure, I have made it many times, so it was a shock to see it so cloudy which brings me to the conclusion, use fresh yeast every time.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Here's a proper glassful of the Draught, using the Coopers Ale Yeast, much better. Only 2 days in the keg but it will improve.

20221123_173831.thumb.jpg.cc497c49ed0da495d36fe744afb5a121.jpg

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Here's a proper glassful of the Draught, using the Coopers Ale Yeast, much better.

Looks sensational Phil

9 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

it is rather Ryelicious

@Pezzza you come close to winning today

1 minute ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Smuggler’s Special Ale,

Superb!

4 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

reporting some Dragonfruits

What did they do?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

everyone is on about re-using yeast/dirty batches

Horrid name for it.

Pitching onto a cake is a very good thing to do within a limited scope. Reusing yeast is also very valid. @Otto Von Blotto has a great starter method which work well.

Coopers yeast is re used, if not we would not have Coopers.

Nothing against your thoughts @Classic Brewing Co and I can understand it for sure.

Interest rates are biting and yeast has gone up a fair bit too

Edited by beach_life
  • Like 3

Coopers Pale Ale

I can't decide which is better, this batch or last!

Both similar, this Flameout hops with PoR, The last Dry hoped with PoR.

Will have a few more before I make up my mind.

(Took so long to get organised to take the photo, the head died a bit but still lingered)

20221123_155542.thumb.jpg.6280188fb223ae08f60d2548b34598d3.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1