Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

12 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Coopers Real Ale, nice - WW Lager Meh !!

That is only my opinion.

I agree, it's brewed as a mid-strength Lager for the wife, she doesn't like my Ale's, too strong in flavour.

It's a win win.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I agree, it's brewed as a mid-strength Lager for the wife, she doesn't like my Ale's, too strong in flavour.

It's a win win.

Mate that's fair enough, I don't mean anything by it but from what I have seen over the years any 'Home Brand' type of product usually is inferior, again I have never tried it & I won't be, so I cannot judge it.

• Like 2

My Budweiser clone.  Brewed it for my mate's birthday but I just had to have a sneaky taste test just in case.  Bloody beautiful so this recipe is going on the house beers list for sure.  This is batch # 76 AG batch # 35 which I did back in March this year and comes in at 4.6% ABV.   It has been just under 4 months in the keg lagering at 2 C and I am impressed.  Don't know if I can stop at just one tester, my mate should love this beer, that is, if there is any left for him.

The clarity is unreal as you can see by the pic.  Bottle tree way behind can be seen easily.

Budweiser Clone just under 4 months in the keg - resized.png

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

My Budweiser clone.  Brewed it for my mate's birthday but I just had to have a sneaky taste test just in case.  Bloody beautiful so this recipe is going on the house beers list for sure.  This is batch # 76 AG batch # 35 which I did back in March this year and comes in at 4.6% ABV.   It has been just under 4 months in the keg lagering at 2 C and I am impressed.  Don't know if I can stop at just one tester, my mate should love this beer, that is, if there is any left for him.

The clarity is unreal as you can see by the pic.  Bottle tree way behind can be seen easily.

Exceptional clarity @iBooz2!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Beautiful stuff Boozer! Is the clarity from cold crashing, filtering, fish guts, or a combo? Is that Bud (Yank) or Czech Budvar?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, stquinto said:

Beautiful stuff Boozer! Is the clarity from cold crashing, filtering, fish guts, or a combo? Is that Bud (Yank) or Czech Budvar?

@stquinto , the clarity comes only from my regimented step down cold crash routine for lagers and the long lagering process.  I don't use any finings other than a 1/4 teaspoon of Whirlfloc in the boil at 5 minutes.  This is because I am am a heavy re-user of my yeast and don't want any third parties involved.

It is the yank version of their most popular beer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hey Sainter, Just to confirm/query: When you say 2g lactose, do you mean lactic acid?

Hey Shamus, sorry, I meant lactic acid. They call it lactose here... I got a 1 litre bottle, should make a few brews 😉

I split the brew in two, and the other 10l keg has about 500ml of wort set aside after the boil to sour. I boiled it for 10 minutes, cooled it, and added it to the just-kegged beer after fermentation.

I'll let you know how that one pans out. But  at the moment I am happy with the 2g lactic acid per 10l keg 👍

• Like 4

On 8/23/2022 at 6:50 PM, iBooz2 said:

Just WOW Al, Magnifico! Looks damn awesome mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

was it around 1% - and any Rye?

3.00 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (5.9 EBC) Grain 1 69.8 % 1.96 L
0.50 kg Munich, Light (Joe White) (17.7 EBC) Grain 2 11.6 % 0.33 L
0.50 kg Rye Malt (Weyermann) (5.9 EBC) Grain 3 11.6 % 0.33 L
0.20 kg Caramunich II (Weyermann) (124.1 EBC) Grain 4 4.7 % 0.13 L
0.10 kg Roasted Barley (Joe White) (1398.7 EBC) Grain 5 2.3 % 0.07 L

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Between that 44 gallon drum of Lactic and the pallet of PoR mate you should be set for a wee while yet @stquinto Sainter😆!

Tell me about it mate, I need to get brewing 😉

The Guinness seems to be right taste-wise, and the 40 psi helps. I'm not getting the white head. It's a tan colour, like the colour of Guinness head outside of Ireland. Inside the Emerald Isle the head is pure white.

The head on you stouts are very white - is that from the oats or something ?

Also I really like the Aus Pale Ale - I can ferment at ale temperatures and it's a nice, light beer, very refreshing in the warm weather. No faffing around dry hopping, doing step mashes etc. 

Having said that I seemd to have overshot the last one and it was pushing 6% (but you couldn't tell until you'd had a few glasses...) 

😂

Edited by stquinto
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Also I really like the Aus Pale Ale - I can ferment at ale temperatures and it's a nice, light beer, very refreshing in the warm weather.

Yeah it is a lovely drop, one of my favourites, it suits the Aussie climate & is always popular. As a matter of fact I can feel one coming on now 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

The head on your stouts are very white - is that from the oats or something ?

Hey there Sainter mate @stquinto

Yeah sorry cobber I don't usually use oats 😬

I don't think I am doing anything special... just routine freshly milled malted barley and some wheat sometimes and then the speciality grains... roasted barley, chocolate malt, Carafa III..... I have sort of steered away from X a bit now somehow am not thinking it is that cool and that I know that @interceptor the Braumeister himself is not that keen on the crystal either...  and maybe yeah just keep the main grains as light coloured as you can as your base malt... 

This one below is an early one which I am happy with... it is not pure white as Swiss Snow...  I guess - bit of an aussie tan in the sunlight... haha but was bllllllaaaardy taschty!

image.thumb.png.662ef342bbb0788cebec90d2719cc623.png

This more recent fella does seem a bit lighter hey... maybe there's a bit of lighting and camera effect... dunno... 

image.thumb.png.e3eadc9565cc3cfd24e68ae502c490b9.png

Maybe our good mate @Mickep Mick might be able to assist with the influence on the camera shot and then the outcome of the creamy top?

I guess when I been drinkin' them neither meself or me clients have suggested it was a brown-out ; ) 

But not sure whether quite pure-white-as-snow-guinness top either?

But I probs have not been that focused on that either as I think nothing I have ever brewed will fit into a BJCP Guideline just sorta going with the flow and trying to make something.... that is hopefully nice... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

When you start kegging the brews will just keep getting better. 🤣

Agree, kegging is the way to go but I'm not going.

I'll bottle and put up with.. what ever it is.

I'm happy, 🍻

Edited by DavidM
spelling
  • Like 4