Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

How did you cook it ? 🤣 Looks nice but I like to see grill marks & definitely cooked for longer. I understand every one is different.

I love rack of lamb but the price of meat in Adelaide ATM is a bit outrageous ! 

I salted and seared it briefly. Then I mixed up some mustard and garlic paste and painted it on, and sprinkled chopped herbs over it. I cooked it at 240 degrees for an internal temperature of 53 degrees (v rare), about 15 minutes. The chops sat around a bit so they carried on cooking .

But yeah, they cost a packet . Around 70  AU$ per kilo 😳

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

But yeah, they cost a packet . Around 70  AU$ per kilo 😳

@stquinto Sainter sorry to bother on this thread - but point me to the thread where the story is about the Mashmaster Minimill which I recommend and @Otto Von Blotto Kelsey pointed me in the right direction towards... 

question is - did you buy directly off Frank or do you now hafta buy from Beerco?

Just interested... thanks mate

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

@stquinto I thought that $25/kg was expensive here, we are actually getting a bargain!

Mmm interesting hey... my MnD were telling me just the other day when they were living and working in the Mallee that you could get half a beautiful beautiful Saltbush Lamb cut up and frozen for like $25... the good ol' days I guess... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, interceptor said:

Meltingly ridiculous.....

I can see that it would be, I thawed out some Beef Casserole that I had left & decided to use up as I am looking at emptying one of the fridges in the hope that I can use as a brew fridge, I have given up my old one to make way for kegs so I need an empty fridge ASAP.

Strangely enough my brew room still holds at a constant acceptable temperature for Ales, see attached photo.

20220525_154624.jpg

20220525_185452.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

@stquinto Sainter sorry to bother on this thread - but point me to the thread where the story is about the Mashmaster Minimill which I recommend and @Otto Von Blotto Kelsey pointed me in the right direction towards... 

question is - did you buy directly off Frank or do you now hafta buy from Beerco?

Just interested... thanks mate

No worries IP:

I bought if off Beerco. V happy with it mate 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kmar92 said:

@stquinto I thought that $25/kg was expensive here, we are actually getting a bargain!

Gotta fly round here first  😖

My missus is a veggie so at least she's cheap to run, but I've turned my damned kids into epicurean monsters...

She'll say to them "would you like me to make that vegetarian chili you ate loads of when we visited those vegans ?", and they reply "we'll see what Dad's eating first"

Bless 😍

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Mmm interesting hey... my MnD were telling me just the other day when they were living and working in the Mallee that you could get half a beautiful beautiful Saltbush Lamb cut up and frozen for like $25... the good ol' days I guess... 

Tell me abut it mate😢

Special offer … 1ChF = 1.5 AU$

815F7672-95B9-4B87-B8DE-B091BF0366EA.jpeg

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nothing gourmet about this, left over rice from last night turned into special fried rice, beef/pork/cheese sausages/chips & coleslaw.

It certainly hit the spot.

20220526_183408.jpg

20220526_190423.jpg

Looks like it’ll soak up the grog, and tasty with it 💪

• Like 1