Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah I think everyone would agree once you start mixing then expect a headache or worse. 🤯 But of course there are those that can't even handle a couple of pints, let alone a decent session on the home brew, many a person have left here with the wife declaring she was driving 🚗 My ex girlfriend used to say " I can't see how you would still be thirsty "   - really ???

Pretty sensible? Whether you can hold your grog or not, you shouldn't be driving after even two or three beers for quite a while.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

All day Brekki with some fresh garden Redleg Beet and then evening a nice Salmon Salad - put in some pickled onion as well which was good.... as well as the usual suspects n some feta...  the last nice long green chilli off a mate that was festively tickly but not volcano doom hot... Dogger got the Salmon skin with great happiness... fresh Salmon from Tassie (never been frozen) is the cheapest good qual fish yer can get easily without catching stuff yerself it seems... unless of course I guess you might live near a good fisho or market or coop yeah like some of you lucky Brewers do 👍

Great stuff IP, looks blaaarrrdy magnificent mate. Full o' health right there. 

• Haha 2

I've got know idea what this should be called. The Bride put this together. Thai influenced marinade.

Raw Tassie salmon sliced thinly with sliced lemon grass, chilli's, fresh garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar. Marinaded for 24 hours. Tasted blaaarrrrddy incredible.

282292302_1036272747312671_3521915490672014554_n.jpg

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I've got know idea what this should be called. The Bride put this together. Thai influenced marinade.

Raw Tassie salmon sliced thinly with sliced lemon grass, chilli's, fresh garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar. Marinaded for 24 hours. Tasted blaaarrrrddy incredible.

Wow Yeah that's the absolute goods ME @Mickep seriously good stuff.  Yumbo scrumbo and great with a crisp cold Riesling or Rosé or lovely cleansing ale 🥳

There are two variants that I know of - one is Nummus which is more Pacific Islands oriented and often has fresh coconut milk in it... and then there is the South American variant known as Ceviche.  What would the Thais call their version mate can you ask?

They are all marinaded raw fish that sorta pickles/cooks in the marinade.  Is in my mind magnificent stuff.  Tho am not sure whether I was donated a gut bug from some Sea Urchin Ceviche I had in Chile a few years ago... ☹️

But with Tassie fresh Salmon or catch-yer-own it's pure gold.  There is a Reef Fish called Venus Tuskfish aka Blueys or Parrot that make a beaut version indeed with their bluey veins 🙂

Here's a few below - from the past ; ) and you can make all sorts of nice combos - the below some had fresh coco, fresh figs, fresh pineapple, coriander... but always some acid - nice vinegars and lime juice and chilli and sugar and fish sauce of course... garlic zing... ginger is good too but sooo expensive...

Hmm unless of course you grow your own ginger like Ceptor the Culinary King ; )

image.thumb.png.315b39bd9713568253257d1596e99e05.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mickep said:

I've got know idea what this should be called.

Yum. Carpaccio but not. 

3 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

one is Nummus which is more Pacific Islands oriented and often has fresh coconut milk in it... and then there is the South American variant known as Ceviche. 

and that too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I love rack of lamb but the price of meat in Adelaide ATM is a bit outrageous ! 

Yes mate throughout the country.  Hafta resort to purchasing whatever is on spesh at the time it seems 👍

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Yes mate throughout the country.  Hafta resort to purchasing whatever is on spesh at the time it seems 👍

Yes I agree, we all like gourmet style but sometimes you have to face reality & get value for money meaning it's better to have a lump of meat that you can eat rather than discarding bones/fat etc. After all you pay for it anyway so that's my view.

• Like 2