Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

well this might not look that great but it was really tasty.

Chicken stir fry with Thai chilli and ginger sauce.

Home grown capsicum with pork and scallop mince and some left over pork loin - twice cooked. 

279552387_550135123208058_744710903067023331_n.jpg

279737643_532778111831808_814578893506711202_n (1).jpg

279458268_367084188795874_7613252504937475790_n.jpg

Yum yum yum! Amazing mate!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Bootiful Phil, absolutely bootiful 👍

Spot of red to go with, or does the pope not have a balcony ?

🤣

Cheers Mate, it is not an elegant photo sitting in the Roasting Pan, but next time I will plate it properly & add some veg for colour.

The smell form the oven was too inviting & I got lazy & ate it as is.

Yes there was some red wine. 🍷

• Haha 2

Still asparagus season here, so a risotto with chicken Milanese, with salmon for me (my body is a temple..)

Excellent Stquinta, lovely plating & good colour, the white plates against the black benchtop add to the ambience. 

Reminds me of a few years ago when I had to do some shots of plates of food for a restaurant I was doing some Advertising for, she was a friend of a mates & they couldn't afford a professional photographer.

She had her friend there who was an interior designer & self proclaimed food designer & we had to ensure the backdrop/lighting was perfect, no shadows or reflections & I took about 40 photos of one plate before she accepted it. The most important part was the angle of the shot & it was essential to get all of the plate in there. She was also using a spray bottle of water on the vegetables to get a shine. It was good fun. I didn't charge her anything but got a few free feeds. 😋

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Mickep said:

A corned silverside on its way.

Mick I can't quite see the bottom but I assume you put a few root vegetables in there, purely for flavour (discard after) I always slice a few nicks in a carrot, turnip or swede, celery, garlic, sometimes a couple of whole chilli's sliced lengthwise. Of course these are optinal but I do love my Corned Silverside.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Mick I can't quite see the bottom but I assume you put a few root vegetables in there, purely for flavour (discard after) I always slice a few nicks in a carrot, turnip or swede, celery, garlic, sometimes a couple of whole chilli's sliced lengthwise. Of course these are optinal but I do love my Corned Silverside.

You're on the money Phil, hidden from view - carrots, chilli and a few other bits and bobs - love this either hot or cold.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mickep said:

You're on the money Phil, hidden from view - carrots, chilli and a few other bits and bobs - love this either hot or cold.

That's the way all adds to the flavour, I have cooked them in the Slow Cooker as well but it's best to truss it with kitchen string like you would a mini roast, you can eat it with a fork.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight Rib Eye Fillet Steak, ( Stquinta, I had it killed first 🤣 ) a picture says a thousand words but it was superb, medium, just the way I like it. 😋 🍷

20220511_194200.jpg

20220511_200354.jpg

20220511_200452.jpg

Looks brilliant Phil 👍

Not too overdone, even for me... 🤣

• Haha 1

I’m trying to make some new vegetable sides as I’m convinced my kids are going to get scurvy.  Nice asparagus recipe, from Ottolenghi. I used to find his recipes a pain in the a*se but they’re getting better (rather I’m getting used to them). Funny how some chef’s methods just don’t suit they way you cook (as in three sheets to the wind, in which case all of my cookbooks would be from Keith Floyd)

DF7AB35F-2F26-4D62-B214-9F66A025885A.thumb.jpeg.d4f3b6d5955dca2a9f45fd2de1eb7de5.jpeg305A63B6-94B7-4479-BFD3-1937334A1133.thumb.jpeg.97d8eeac60a24cb5cf858461cae7e229.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m trying to make some new vegetable sides as I’m convinced my kids are going to get scurvy.  Nice asparagus recipe, from Ottolenghi. I used to find his recipes a pain in the a*se but they’re getting better (rather I’m getting used to them). Funny how some chef’s methods just don’t suit they way you cook (as in three sheets to the wind, in which case all of my cookbooks would be from Keith Floyd)

Nice & healthy looking Stquinta, I have a bit of a problem with Yotam Ottolenghi's recipes as they seem to want to eat anything 😬

Keith Floyd was always one of my favourite's & he sure as hell liked cooking ( & drinking ) with wine. Rick Stein is my favourite & there are a few others I like.

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2022 at 2:21 PM, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Still warm Hot Smoked Salmon

Care to elaborate?  What sort of gear you used to conjure this beautiful thing up @Brauhaus Fritz BF please?

And what you did with the Fish prior to the hot smoking - any rub or marinade etc?

• Like 2