Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

On 4/9/2022 at 3:41 PM, interceptor said:

Sounds like a feedlot?!

Do you salt them as well as pepper? For years when working as a chef I was told not to. But it's good, especially overnight. (dry brining)

Hey Interceptor, hope you don't mind me asking but where did you work? All about the place or in one spot?

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 6:30 PM, Itinerant Peasant said:

Haha Gold @interceptor Ceptor ; )

Yes mate - red - and sweet.... not that legendary really  in the big scheme of things - but quite a nice texture and yeah... ok. 

Better with salad to offset the sweetness rather than in the freshly baked breadroll w caramelised onions...  if I was to do again with bun-onion I would vinegar up the onions for a bit of tart to offset the sweet snag.

image.thumb.png.3ce96637d317ce72da4a907c16e03704.png

Yeah, IP mate, a bit of Balsamic on the onions - perfecto!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2022 at 7:23 PM, stquinto said:

I watched a fella on YT trying out different salting techniques: putting it on 20 minutes before cooking,1 hour before, and the night before. He reckoned the night before was best. I tried it but it was awful- all dried out, I think the salt pulls the blood out. I stick to salting 20 minutes before, it works for me that way. 
But I agree, a lit a people rave about the dry brine, just didn’t work for me. 

Oh Sainter mate, I just love the dry brine - overnight or longer -really good results. I'm pretty sure the interceptor @interceptor is the king of the brine - dry or wet so it would be interesting to hear from him on this....it was interceptor who also convinced me to ditch the flour in me snags - absolutely don't miss it either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Last post of the night, asparagus season here so asparagus risotto, pork fillet and morel sauce

C7D0324B-A8F0-46C8-BFC2-561181FCCC84.jpeg

1CA0460A-9BC7-4F0C-8249-1840A8311556.jpeg

Looks brilliant mate, another winner winner chicken dinner - well not quite chicken. 😉

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mickep said:

Last post of the night, asparagus season here so asparagus risotto, pork fillet and morel sauce

Looks very nice Stquinta, I am glad to see Risotto cooked right, I've seen it like porridge & some don't even know about Aborio Rice !!

oop's I have hijacked Mick's post, sorry old chap 😬

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Haha 3

Definitely not a gourmet meal but this is a good old fashioned slow cooked lamb red wine casserole, cooler nights to me mean comfort food so the old slow cooker made it to the bench. It was awesome, lots of flavour & a few of these 🍷🍷🍷 

I have lots of herbs growing that went into this Rosemary, Parsley, Thyme & of course tomatoes/paste, garlic etc. Yum. 😋

20220411_184943.thumb.jpg.f77cd774d618dc48de2b133b4833c7ce.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Definitely not a gourmet meal but this is a good old fashioned slow cooked lamb red wine casserole, cooler nights to me mean comfort food so the old slow cooker made it to the bench. It was awesome, lots of flavour & a few of these 🍷🍷🍷 

I have lots of herbs growing that went into this Rosemary, Parsley, Thyme & of course tomatoes/paste, garlic etc. Yum. 😋

20220411_184943.thumb.jpg.f77cd774d618dc48de2b133b4833c7ce.jpg

Looks yummy.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

efinitely not a gourmet meal but this is a good old fashioned slow cooked lamb red wine casserole, cooler nights to me mean comfort food so the old slow cooker made it to the bench. It was awesome, lots of flavour & a few of these 🍷🍷🍷 

I love those find of meals as the weather changes.  Yum yum!

This’ll be the last post on this thread for 10 days. There’ll be a few posts on Today’s Tastings, with all the same beer. I might start a thread of “What you eat when you’re three sheets to the wind”

Off to Oireland you see….

Last piece of rare meat for a while 😳

Hope you’re right about the turmeric in the chip oil Phil…

7900DDD3-84CD-4194-AE8B-E05ADD4D3628.jpeg

2567320B-1881-4BED-ADB2-59613FA42F76.jpeg

A297E22C-4B07-410E-875F-01F1A95A9B73.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Couldn’t spell turmeric 🤨
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Roast Lamb for the weekend with all the good vegetables, I haven't decided what day yet but it doesn't bother me as I don't subscribe to the the Easter thing about meat. This is about 1.5kg so we will have to crack open some red (Stquinta) 🍷

Have a good weekend.

Cheers

Phil

lamb.thumb.jpg.533844e376332c7f8535bf6adb2c3242.jpg

Mate, that lamb looks absolutely delicious. 
I’ll probably post some pics of lamb from Ireland, although my in-laws don’t tend to eat it, even though they keep a few lambs. Probably something to do the father in law butchering one in the back yard in full view of the young kids 🤣

Won’t stop me mind 👍

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, stquinto said:

A ‘“choucroute garnie” with a Belgian triple.  My own sauerkraut is still fermenting, this is the butcher’s version. Nice bit of smoked sausage in there too

French & German - nice one Stquinta, I love smoked meats in fact all charcuterie, I don't mind a small amount of sauerkraut but definitely the mustard.

Char siu chicken kebabs for me, plain & simple. Big day today though, friends coming for lunch.

554582469_charsin.thumb.jpg.f141f5a6fc789336ad783f1ce4d3ff46.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

French & German - nice one Stquinta, I love smoked meats in fact all charcuterie, I don't mind a small amount of sauerkraut but definitely the mustard.

Char siu chicken kebabs for me, plain & simple. Big day today though, friends coming for lunch.

554582469_charsin.thumb.jpg.f141f5a6fc789336ad783f1ce4d3ff46.jpg

Your pres is the best Phil, just the right amount of everything. I’m  not familiar with that chicken recipe bit I’ll look it up.  BTW the turmeric didn’t make much difference in only the chips, I can see in a batter it would. Next time 

26 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Mate, that lamb looks absolutely delicious. 
I’ll probably post some pics of lamb from Ireland, although my in-laws don’t tend to eat it, even though they keep a few lambs. Probably something to do the father in law butchering one in the back yard in full view of the young kids 🤣

Won’t stop me mind 👍

Yeah I love lamb & I am cooking it today with lot's of goodies, it is meant to be an outdoor event weather permitting.

Don't forget to post some photos of some Irish Pubs ... to be sure ☘️  Sláinte 🍻

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Your pres is the best Phil, just the right amount of everything. I’m  not familiar with that chicken recipe bit I’ll look it up.  BTW the turmeric didn’t make much difference in only the chips, I can see in a batter it would. Next time 

Cheers, yes Turmeric is good in the flour/batter mix as it gives you that golden colour on the fish.

• Like 1