Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

46 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Amazing crackling there mate, all looks bootiful 😃

Thanks mate, yeah the crackling was great - air fryers are just fantastic for crisping the pork skin that's for sure. The chip thing is now working beautifully too (Thank-you mate) , got the triple cooked process under control now - even if the chips were the packet variety - works a treat.

• Haha 1

I know I shouldn't be hogging this thread but this slow cooked Beef & Red Wine dish in the slow cooker was divine.

Meat ( Rump Steak, cubed ) from a gourmet butcher, lots' of fresh vege's & herbs out of the garden. ..... Yes Stqiunta  🍷🍷🍷

Just the weather for it & now a Netflix movie & more 🍷

20220527_185451.thumb.jpg.f16489c117370bdeb713e5446cda316c.jpg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Mickep said:

Thanks mate, yeah the crackling was great - air fryers are just fantastic for crisping the pork skin that's for sure. The chip thing is now working beautifully too (Thank-you mate) , got the triple cooked process under control now - even if the chips were the packet variety - works a treat.

Just purchased my first air fryer, it's the dual tray Ninja, looks to be the goods, can't wait to test it out, I've watched a few YouTube videos on it and the stuff they cook looks the goods.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

Just one thing I don't get about you guys, when I have some tasty food in front of me, the last thing I'm thinking of is taking a photo.

You didn't really cook it unless you have photo proof man

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

You didn't really cook it unless you have photo proof man

I agree it's too easy to just Google & shoot but unfortunately there is a way to inspect the image properties & in most cases it tells you the date the photo was taken & what equipment, I guess some would know this but I have been involved in it for a while.

As @Hoppy81says we need proof you cooked it. 🤣

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, stquinto said:

In the South of France for the European Cup Final (Rugby). Leinster (Dublin) is in 👍

Might as well have a decent feed… bouillabaisse 

Looks good Stquinta I love seafood cooked that way, looks like a lot of Saffron in there $$$ 😬 what a beautiful setting too.

• Like 1

This (raw) cryo'd marinaded Porker was a little outta date but had been in my 2 deg fridge and seemed to tho smell a little musty not to be off so I baked 'er up and had w some own red-leg beet and a festive Remoulade - Coleslaw woulda been better but had none at hand... the wonders of modern food technology hey!? Waste-not-want-not and gotta keep costs down at the moment and woulda been a shame to waste it 🥳 

For those viewers considering doing this at home I would not recommend it but rather utilise within the use-by-date 😆

image.thumb.png.ef611f06d113cc125fa8bca35d96fae1.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

too easy to just Google & shoot

whadddyerallreckon about this one? 🤩

image.thumb.png.cd2ee77f0aa08d18da6e0a16e95677ca.png

Mmm guess the crrrrap quality photo might give it away that it's not a webber photo ; )

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

For those viewers considering doing this at home I would not recommend it but rather utilise within the use-by-date 😆

IMO the BB or Use by dates are meant to be a guide & your nose should tell you if it's OK, also you don't want the pack to be bloated or the product sticky to touch, however I am NOT recommending anyone to use beyond the dates either. It's your call.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

In the South of France for the European Cup Final (Rugby). Leinster (Dublin) is in 👍

Might as well have a decent feed… bouillabaisse 

BDF42E9F-646A-4EE6-AB6F-E55946C4CAEE.jpeg

543CAE36-3424-4C55-B021-13F902DFDA70.jpeg

DB4C730D-B54F-49D3-84F2-CC20A6C8779A.jpeg

E89ED633-DE3C-4454-B9C8-42ACAB7FEDE4.jpeg

B9EDDC03-ECD2-43BC-904D-97DCAC18A08C.jpeg

205A84A6-A6BA-4FEC-A7F0-15C7B2447E16.jpeg

Ya'all just showin' off now Sainter. Envious much! Beautiful grub mate, and not half bad scenery too.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

IMO the BB or Use by dates are meant to be a guide

theres a reason they are different. products with a use by will contain things that can potentially make you sick (so you'll see this on meat and dairy and the like). products with a best before won't make you sick but may no longer taste as good or be the same consitency or something like that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sneaky late evening Beer Snack (largely non-compliant with the healthy living program but hey yer gotta live dangerously from time to time 😆 )

A sourdough multigrain base to begin with... then a lovely fresh fried egg with the yolk still slightly runny, and a slice of Maasdammer cheese melted over the egg -- placed then over the toasted mgrain buttered up w its thin slice of mild sopressa salami... a few dabs of home made spicy tom jam (my garden tommies) followed by some freshly plucked and chopped garden chivers and a quick grind of B Pep.

Aaaaargh a beautiful thing : )

image.thumb.png.dee09525dbedaac8ef5f8d3a7c3af827.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

homemade Mozzarella cheese

Wow that's pretty cool @Mickep Cobber - nice work.

I have a friend who makes nice Labneh from commercial Yog and that is really yumbo and I mean to  have a crack at that at some stage... but never thought of trying the Mozzy... looked it up just now on the webber and I guess with a bit of Rennet, patience and clean brewing practices it probs is do-able?  Good stuff tho cobber and keen to hear how it all goes - it certainly looks the goods ; )

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Sneaky late evening Beer Snack (largely non-compliant with the healthy living program but hey yer gotta live dangerously from time to time 😆 )

A sourdough multigrain base to begin with... then a lovely fresh fried egg with the yolk still slightly runny, and a slice of Maasdammer cheese melted over the egg -- placed then over the toasted mgrain buttered up w its thin slice of mild sopressa salami... a few dabs of home made spicy tom jam (my garden tommies) followed by some freshly plucked and chopped garden chivers and a quick grind of B Pep.

Aaaaargh a beautiful thing : )

image.thumb.png.dee09525dbedaac8ef5f8d3a7c3af827.png

Mate that looks like business 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1