Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

On 5/1/2022 at 1:46 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Mick ATM Hoppy has them on special, just thought I would pass it on.

Snackmaker FD500 DIGITAL Dehydrator – Three Chins Brewing.html 297.5 kB · 8 downloads

D'you know what the shipping cost would be @Classic Brewing Co mate to PO Box in NSW?

And is there any reason why one would prefer to pay twice the price for the 1000 model rather than the 500?

• Like 1

Hey there all you lot : )

I have been off the site for a bit - but honestly - racing now through the beeeyooodiful stuff all you Brewers have been posting is just blaaaardy amazing from one and all.... and inspiring to say the least - Great Stuff - and thanks!

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 😋

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Care to elaborate?  What sort of gear you used to conjure this beautiful thing up @Brauhaus Fritz BF please?

And what you did with the Fish prior to the hot smoking - any rub or marinade etc?

I am using a cast iron wok, a holey pizza tray and a lid from a different wok. It works perfect for me. The tray sits about 6 cm over the bottom of the wok. I line the bottom of the wok and the lid with alu foil, so it doesn't smell smoky afterwards. and I put a piece of baking paper  with lots of holes poked into it on the pizza tray so the fish does not stick. Any similar equipment will do the job, a pot, a tray with holes and a lid. Soak a handful of wood chips in water for twenty minutes, drain , put in pot, lid on, on the stove and wait till it starts smoking. Put your tray with the fish in, lid on tight ( you can wrap some alu foil around so hardly any smoke escapes, and smoke on medium heat around 15-20 minutes, depending how rare you like it. I like mine not too rare so twenty minutes did the job on this one.

In this case I used Aldi's frozen Salmon portions (defrosted) ( fresh is better but it turned out pretty good). I mixed equal quantities of sugar and salt, grated lemon and orange zest (with a micro plane) and fennel seeds (a bit crushed) and covered the salmon bottom top and sides for one hour, then wash it of and skin side down into the smoker.(If you leave the fish in the mixture for more than 24 hours or longer you are actually making gravlaks and thinly sliced you can eat it raw).

Hope it does not sound too complicated, but it is straight forward. Give it a try, you"ll love it.smoker.thumb.jpeg.74889086ca5223a220ddc1adeb7c5660.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

gravlaks and thinly sliced you can eat it raw).

Hope it does not sound too complicated, but it is straight forward. Give it a try, you"ll love it.

Beautiful @Brauhaus Fritz BF - great stuff.

That's really cool.

I think I will try something similar and also try maybe making Gravlaks as well as I really love that too....

Great stuff and thanks mate luvyerwork : )

• Like 3

On 5/17/2022 at 8:18 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

just imagine it on a plate

Looks pure Gold all of it - and the Salad for me is the Biz - beautiful colours and great ingredients... nice work mate ; )

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

2 eggs on a small piece of steak

Pints mate, you need to up your photography skills , can’t see the steak for the eggs… might be a piece of toast for all we know 🤔

Looks good though 😉

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Gee I wonder what the cucumber is for 🤣 for the record I prefer to deseed mine.

Cucumber is often used with Thai food as a counter to hot chilli, and with the seeds in.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Mickep said:

Larb Moo, (Thai Pork salad)

I want some.

Badly.

But I neither have the ingredients nor the skill to concoct this delectable creation.

So now I am sad. Very sad. ☹️

Hence I am seeking treatment with Black and White medicine out of the Stouty Boi Keg on Nitro.... I am hoping this will assist my recovery 🤔

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, kmar92 said:

Cucumber is often used with Thai food as a counter to hot chilli, and with the seeds in.

Yes Mate, I have to use it with a lot of my oriental dishes but I still prefer to take the seeds out, they have no nutritional value & tend to create sogginess in salads & give you that bloated feeling. 🥴

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, stquinto said:

Pints mate, you need to up your photography skills , can’t see the steak for the eggs… might be a piece of toast for all we know 🤔

Looks good though 😉

The steak instead of toast makes it a low carb meal!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pizza was on the menu last night; with a home-made crust, and topped with tomato paste, mozzarella cheese, mushroom, salami, pork sausage, artichokes, olives, capers and shaved parmesan cheese. Might sound like a dog's breakfast, but it was yummy. 

pizza.jpg

• Like 10