Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

On 5/27/2022 at 12:17 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I know I shouldn't be hogging this thread but this slow cooked Beef & Red Wine dish in the slow cooker was divine.

Meat ( Rump Steak, cubed ) from a gourmet butcher, lots' of fresh vege's & herbs out of the garden. ..... Yes Stqiunta  🍷🍷🍷

Just the weather for it & now a Netflix movie & more 🍷

20220527_185451.thumb.jpg.f16489c117370bdeb713e5446cda316c.jpg

Looks great Phil! Left stew season a month ago here, kinda miss it already…. BBQ and salad instead😋

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2022 at 12:57 AM, Itinerant Peasant said:

This (raw) cryo'd marinaded Porker was a little outta date but had been in my 2 deg fridge and seemed to tho smell a little musty not to be off so I baked 'er up and had w some own red-leg beet and a festive Remoulade - Coleslaw woulda been better but had none at hand... the wonders of modern food technology hey!? Waste-not-want-not and gotta keep costs down at the moment and woulda been a shame to waste it 🥳 

For those viewers considering doing this at home I would not recommend it but rather utilise within the use-by-date 😆

image.thumb.png.ef611f06d113cc125fa8bca35d96fae1.png

Look pretty good IP 👍

Personally I give chicken and pork a miss if  they’re a bit whiffy. Like Phil said, if the pack ain’t swollen it’s probably ok. 
You’re still posting so all good I reckon 💪😝

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Sneaky late evening Beer Snack (largely non-compliant with the healthy living program but hey yer gotta live dangerously from time to time 😆 )

A sourdough multigrain base to begin with... then a lovely fresh fried egg with the yolk still slightly runny, and a slice of Maasdammer cheese melted over the egg -- placed then over the toasted mgrain buttered up w its thin slice of mild sopressa salami... a few dabs of home made spicy tom jam (my garden tommies) followed by some freshly plucked and chopped garden chivers and a quick grind of B Pep.

Aaaaargh a beautiful thing : )

image.thumb.png.dee09525dbedaac8ef5f8d3a7c3af827.png

Reckon it hots the spot after a few wet ones 😁

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Personally I give chicken and pork a miss if  they’re a bit whiffy. Like Phil said, if the pack ain’t swollen it’s probably ok. 
You’re still posting so all good I reckon 💪😝

Haha yeah a bit dodgy but still alive-alive ho haha @stquinto Sainter!?! 😁

Had it been a chook thing no way... but as it was cryo'd porker in some salty sugary marinade...  with the vac seal good... and needing to watch me pennies...  I thought why not cook it hard and give it a crack haha!  Uncooked it smelled on the whole ok though a little sorta musty-ish.... but not bad stinky feral off type smells and after baking it harshly -- but not quite autoclaving it to bits -- it came up quite taschty 😉

And I did put me disclaimer on it for those viewers considering - not to try this at home - with four month old outta date Porker ; )

Whaddya hear them say -- something like: what don't kill yer makes yer tough?!  😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Looks great Phil! Left stew season a month ago here, kinda miss it already…. BBQ and salad instead😋

Cheers, the weather here in Adelaide ATM sorta makes it like stew season every night 🥴 but it's KFC style chicken tonight ! 🐥

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Haha yeah a bit dodgy but still alive-alive ho haha @stquinto Sainter!?! 😁

Had it been a chook thing no way... but as it was cryo'd porker in some salty sugary marinade...  with the vac seal good... and needing to watch me pennies...  I thought why not cook it hard and give it a crack haha!  Uncooked it smelled on the whole ok though a little sorta musty-ish.... but not bad stinky feral off type smells and after baking it harshly -- but not quite autoclaving it to bits -- it came up quite taschty 😉

And I did put me disclaimer on it for those viewers considering - not to try this at home - with four month old outta date Porker ; )

Whaddya hear them say -- something like: what don't kill yer makes yer tough?!  😜

Good to hear you didn't succumb to Montezuma's Revenge mate 😖

Sometimes vac-packed meat is pretty stinky when you've just opened the pack. Tends to go away.... most of the time 😉

But some of the prepared dishes have a shed-load of preservatives in it's a wonder you don't glow in the dark after eating it...

Edited by stquinto
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, stquinto said:

But some of the prepared dishes have a shed-load of preservatives in it's a wonder you don't glow in the dark after eating it...

Haha that is funny @stquinto Sainter and made me remember the terrible stuff I drank years ago in the UK from Tescos - pretty sure it was East German - and it was before the Wall came down - probably full of formaldehyde... me (aussie) n german mate would buy it in classic heavy 500ml brown bottles - it was by far the cheapest Lager one could get and it tasted like classic german Helles - with a bit of a strange twang to it which yer just put up with --> but it would give you such terrible gut rot we both had to give it away as a bad joke despite the reasonable price tag.  It was just FERAL 😖

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mickep said:

No, but I used Raw milk or some such. 

Nice one mate ! Must give it a try. I tried to make a paneer once, a litre of milk got me a cube the size of a matchbox 🤨

Did it work out OK on the pizza ? Looked creamy and white, not yellow like some are...

• Like 1

Amazing (although slightly disappointing) how things change.  

When we were kids our family had 2 cows, which we milked morning and night.  Back then it was called "milk" not "raw" milk that it's called today.  I am surprised you can buy "raw" milk. A farmer was taken to court a few years ago because he was "endangering public safety " selling milk that wasn't processed.  We lived on it until I left home when I finished school. You could stand a knife up in the cream we separated off from the milk we didn't drink. It was nothing like the coloured water sold as cream today.

People don't realise how much processing our food has gone through before they buy it. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Now there is a good healthy breakfast 🤣 'is don, is good'

Pie with left over vege's from last night's roast.

20220530_093140.jpg

nice brekkie mate 🙂

I dislike sweet stuff for brekkie most days, I'll even have left over curry 🌶️

• Haha 2

On 5/28/2022 at 1:38 AM, Mickep said:

Ya'all just showin' off now Sainter. Envious much! Beautiful grub mate, and not half bad scenery too.

sorry mate 😰

just happy to be moving into summer here... and the South of France was pretty hot (but took me 8 hours to do a 5 hour journey back so not all good...)

Anyway, your turn in a few months 🙃

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, stquinto said:

nice brekkie mate 🙂

I dislike sweet stuff for brekkie most days, I'll even have left over curry 🌶️

Cold Pizza is nice !!

I mainly have left over roasted/cooked meats on fresh bread or toast with Hot English Mustard or Chutney.

I don't eat any of the so-called healthy cereals & crap - all full of sugar & artificial muck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

They look OK, tad expensive, I have a couple of stones also

A few of the stones have broken for me.

As for expensive - $15,000 in back pay this week says otherwise.

• Haha 5

I agree with all of the above - but I would also like to suggest the potential opportunity for a an innovative up-cycling development known as the "Mountain Pipe Oven":

Good ol' steel pipe - find a boily to weld in a floor and cut some semi-circles out to let the coals in underneath...  A lid is good... a few lugs to let the lid sit on... don't use a wooden handle seen in the pic bottom RHS in pic below on your pizza holder - go steel - use welding gloves to get them back out - and enjoy... ; )

Just in early developmental work we smoked up the wooden handle on the pizza holder and realised that maybe best to keep wood out of the oven itself and just use it around the outside ; )

Timing on pizzas etc somewhat relevant to your coals-fire-temp and am sure u r all on top of that...

image.thumb.png.1d5f17b3d3c70d2a05953f32424b7d48.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

I agree with all of the above - but I would also like to suggest the potential opportunity for a an innovative up-cycling development known as the "Mountain Pipe Oven":

Good ol' steel pipe - find a boily to weld in a floor and cut some semi-circles out to let the coals in underneath...  A lid is good... a few lugs to let the lid sit on... don't use a wooden handle seen in the pic bottom RHS in pic below on your pizza holder - go steel - use welding gloves to get them back out - and enjoy... ; )

Just in early developmental work we smoked up the wooden handle on the pizza holder and realised that maybe best to keep wood out of the oven itself and just use it around the outside ; )

Timing on pizzas etc somewhat relevant to your coals-fire-temp and am sure u r all on top of that...

Ingenious IP, it looks like it can whack out a Pizza or two.

• Haha 2