Coopers Community

Show us your current brewing set-up !

Beer Baron

Better than paying over the odds for it 😂

i like spending my cash cos I’ve worked hard for it but there is that sense of satisfaction from knowing you did it yourself plus there’s the whole learning and education aspect of it.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Better than paying over the odds for it 😂

i like spending my cash cos I’ve worked hard for it but there is that sense of satisfaction from knowing you did it yourself plus there’s the whole learning and education aspect of it.  

For me, brewing and music are the two things you could never stop learning about. 

It doesn’t matter how good you get at music or brewing there’s always something else. 

A really good friend and music mentor said to me 20 years ago when I decided to pick up the guitar again, he said “Welcome to the Journey”. 

With any good journey there is a destination, however with music and brewing I don’t believe there is ever the final destination. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

For me, brewing and music are the two things you could never stop learning about. 

It doesn’t matter how good you get at music or brewing there’s always something else. 

A really good friend and music mentor said to me 20 years ago when I decided to pick up the guitar again, he said “Welcome to the Journey”. 

With any good journey there is a destination, however with music and brewing I don’t believe there is ever the final destination. 

Gold Cappo and Paddy... cannot agree with you more... only been a bit slack on flogging the six strings meself in latest times and more focused on the AG brewing...

Anyway... you fellas have got me going - I reckon I might tune up and have a crack at the good ol' sixer today - luvyerwork.

• Like 1

Just finished attaching my decal holders. I put them on the bottom because you couldn’t really see them at the top and my fingers would bump them when grabbing at the taps. All I need is a computer and some skills to make some labels

D9C5569C-96EE-4EB6-9BCF-89B372193E0B.jpeg

• Like 12

On 8/2/2019 at 5:34 PM, The Captain!! said:

Thought I’d show you my current brew set up as I’ve made a permanent addition to it. 

The pulley did get removed after each brew but it’s now permanently in place temporarily. 

6D232722-5E99-4D28-8918-10A242812E83.jpeg

I know a dairy farmer and he has music playing while his cows are being milked. He says it calms the cows and they produce more milk. I'm guessing ukulele does a similar thing for beer.

• Haha 4

After making the change from bottles to kegs about a month ago have already updated my keg fridge set up .... Gone are the old kegs and old fridge with freezer and have put together this little beauty .... still 3 taps but now 4 kegs, 2 x 19l and a 12.5l and a 25l so can have a keg lagering at all times if needed ... the 12.5l is for the wife's cider ... Very happy with this system ... no more stuffing around with  old post mix kegs with dodgy ball posts that cost a zillion to up date  ...  sold of some old gear to get  this together and as of right now made a $20.00 profit on the deal 

20190808_160524.jpg

20190808_160549.jpg

20190808_160657.jpg

• Like 10

On 8/3/2019 at 4:26 AM, Bearded Burbler said:

Gold Cappo and Paddy... cannot agree with you more... only been a bit slack on flogging the six strings meself in latest times and more focused on the AG brewing...

Anyway... you fellas have got me going - I reckon I might tune up and have a crack at the good ol' sixer today - luvyerwork.

The joy is in the ride. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 11:11 AM, Mikes15 said:

Not mine, nor can I afford it, but this is a very nice set up & for $1300nzd I'd say a great buy with the Co2 & kegs inc!

That is a very nice set up ... the bloke who put it together came up with the good idea for the taps ... 

On 8/10/2019 at 10:41 AM, Mikes15 said:

Not mine, nor can I afford it, but this is a very nice set up & for $1300nzd I'd say a great buy with the Co2 & kegs inc!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2278088562408395/

67302947_877574565940922_334895393391247

Not quiet sure how you'd change the back kegs, guess you just take them all out,

67301373_877570492607996_195838977139906

Probably nice enough for the missus to allow it as 'inside' furniture.

• Haha 2

If it was mine I'd probably just do what I do now in regards to the kegs. Wait for all of them to be empty and cleaned before putting a new lot in. Try to drink the front ones first to make it easier to access the rear ones when they're empty. 

Once the next lot of 4/5 kegs is ready they all go in at once, with the ones better off aged going at the back. 

9 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

If it was mine I'd probably just do what I do now in regards to the kegs. Wait for all of them to be empty and cleaned before putting a new lot in. Try to drink the front ones first to make it easier to access the rear ones when they're empty. 

Once the next lot of 4/5 kegs is ready they all go in at once, with the ones better off aged going at the back. 

Gold Kelsey - ever the practical mate! Good stuff. Reckon there is a bit of "chip off the old block" Dad the Industrial Chemist process optimisation stuff going on there ; )

BB

Probably 😂 we do have a pretty similar way of thinking.

It was something I figured out pretty early on, in my system I only have three but the one at the back is obviously still the hardest to get at. Just made sense to finish it last and not put any others in the front until it was finished. 

Now I just have the two beer kegs but still do the same thing. The soda water sits front left, but it doesn't really matter if it gets agitated. 

• Haha 1

When I set my new system up I made my lines all the same length but I needed my spirit mixer lines much longer because they needed to be carbed much higher so at the moment I have it set higher than beer but not as high as it needs to be so I’m pouring bubbles at the moment. 

Dammit

44 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

When I set my new system up I made my lines all the same length but I needed my spirit mixer lines much longer because they needed to be carbed much higher so at the moment I have it set higher than beer but not as high as it needs to be so I’m pouring bubbles at the moment. 

Dammit

Oh Dear BB1.... am tired of bottling... but some of this kegging complexity worries me greatly 🤔

BB2

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Oh Dear BB1.... am tired of bottling... but some of this kegging complexity worries me greatly 🤔

BB2

Kegging is awesome and easy to do. I’m just an idiot and didn’t think about the line length for the spirit mixer. It’s a really easy fix.........Just get longer line

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Now that I am kegging I need the ability to brew, crash, and chill final product, in both winter and summer.

Where I live it is always a challenge to keep everything warm enough in winter and cool enough in summer.

I have been lucky over the last couple of years to accumulate refrigerators that other people no longer need for various reasons. So, if you keep your family and friends updated, the availability of fridges comes up often; in my case all free.

So, I have installed my 3rd fridge, and taken up shares in my energy company. 

20190924_173246.thumb.jpg.0543dab210a85c1e7ae4ed9f85b75ce5.jpg20190924_173319.thumb.jpg.75f5f432ec3d363053582a769f7c3e69.jpg

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Worthog said:

Now that I am kegging I need the ability to brew, crash, and chill final product, in both winter and summer.

Where I live it is always a challenge to keep everything warm enough in winter and cool enough in summer.

I have been lucky over the last couple of years to accumulate refrigerators that other people no longer need for various reasons. So, if you keep your family and friends updated, the availability of fridges comes up often; in my case all free.

20190924_173246.thumb.jpg.0543dab210a85c1e7ae4ed9f85b75ce5.jpg20190924_173319.thumb.jpg.75f5f432ec3d363053582a769f7c3e69.jpg

Cheers

You must have a good missus. I have a full size fridge for fermenting. A kegorator and a large bar fridge for lagering kegs. My missus wasnt happy when i got the lager fridge but she got over it. 😆

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Worthog said:

Cheers

I’d be using the bigger fridge for kegs (possibly 4) and the other two for fermentation. 

Either way, hope you’ve got plenty of shares in the energy sector

• Like 2