Coopers Community

Show us your current brewing set-up !

Beer Baron

5 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Don't see that on captain's tap list 😜

Not the Captain's bar, yours!  The Lemmy bar has to run Jack n Coke.  Even if you do not actually have Jack n Coke going.  It could just be your soda water tap.  Can still make coke with it for combining with the Jack.

• Haha 1

In the process of putting my fridge setup together. 2nd hand fridge that was completely covered in stickers 🙄 Stripped and sanded lightly then painted with chalkboard paint.  A friend has 3d printed 4 tap handles for me as pictured but this was a practice tap handle, it has a slot in top so you can slip in a piece of paper to show what is on tap, it will also say  '3 chins brewing' on top as that is the name i have just trademarked 😀

Fridge.thumb.jpg.87ed9325c7594c8b56351a6106ae51d6.jpg

t.jpg

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

That's usually what I do. Bit of Sodastream cola syrup, Jack and fill it with soda water. Tastes better than real coke to me. 

Kelsey you either are a Post-Mix Diehard or have spent way too much time in pubs... (pubs = post-mix)

If I am having a Square Bear (Bundy Rum) there is no way I am drinking cordial-fizz coke... gotta be nasty commercial Coke in can or glass 😆

However, I do back big-time the whole idea of do-it-yourself coke... but canna cop it if on the Square Bear ; )

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I finally sorted out my signage and got some chain to hang it from the roof. 
I changed the design after seeing someone else with a better setup

Sorry @The Captain!! 😂

624C382A-DBED-4AC1-ACFC-847D22B696B2.jpeg

I'll be there tomorrow BB1 ; )

Can you possibly share your Black IPA recipe while we are in discussion.... 

BB2

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

It’s actually not my recipe. It the Grainfather Kraken Black IPA kit

No worries - thanks BB1 very much for putting it up - very much appreciated.  My first one is going to be a bit different to this illustrious recipe - but I can pursue that level of excellence in the future...  hopefully my "more plain" version runs ok... is on the boil as I type... Cheers. BB2

• Like 1

GOLD Kelsey!  They look GREAT!!!

And contributing to combatting Global Warming.

Guy at work was saying to me today that driving through SW NSW north of Mudgee up to Qld Border and to Stanthorpe that he reckons the natural old normal  undisturbed bush is dying….  the worst he has ever seen it in his life... and this is an ENGINEER not someone people would call a greeny or other... just a good honest bloke who has driven that track for years and is now seeing that the drought is actually killing the normally resilient forest... doesn't sound good to me... though my mate the Barley grower has not had a crop in his paddocks now for two years... subsoil moisture nil and forecast for rain absolutely appalling. 

Whether it is Global Warming or not - I suspect something is going on, honestly - but anyway - out in the bush and country towns and country areas in NSW we are not having a real good time.

Cheers,

BB

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Not so much the brewing set up but is now powering the brewing set up, so the urn will essentially run for free as will the fridges during the day, had it installed yesterday. Will be good to put the saved money towards other things, brewing ingredients for one 😂

20191022_165734.thumb.jpg.82243e011ae7b0b3ebd4a1524bd0a114.jpg

Kelsey, what's the thing on the fence, top left side of photo? Looks like a bus timetable info screen. 😄

Edited by MUZZY
  • Haha 3