Coopers Community

Show us your current brewing set-up !

Beer Baron

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:09 AM, Beer Baron said:

The one that comes with the thermometer and thermowell? I ditched my thermometer and put my Inkbird probe in the hole to monitor brewing temperatures. 

Beer Baron

BB1 - you had any probs at all with the seal on the brew-bucket thermowell at all - had a few leakages... have used black O-rings either side of SS FV wall... was wondering whether I need to upgrade to some silicon washers?  Any ideas?

Latest one - it may have been possible that the O-Ring somehow became twisted... I had only tested in the day before !?!

Cheers BB2

image.png.3e6b56ea7ffb82de7f5caf4202901329.png

15 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

BB1 - you had any probs at all with the seal on the brew-bucket thermowell at all - had a few leakages... have used black O-rings either side of SS FV wall... was wondering whether I need to upgrade to some silicon washers?  Any ideas?

Latest one - it may have been possible that the O-Ring somehow became twisted... I had only tested in the day before !?!

Cheers BB2

Absolutely no issues with my seal at all

2 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

Absolutely no issues with my seal at all

Thanks mate... I loaded my massive Fail on the Fail thread... will see if anyone else has any ideas... might change to flat silicon seals... 

Are you using the black round O-ring seals that came with the very nice SS FV?

37 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Thanks mate... I loaded my massive Fail on the Fail thread... will see if anyone else has any ideas... might change to flat silicon seals... 

Are you using the black round O-ring seals that came with the very nice SS FV?

Yeah I am using whatever came with the fermenter. Are the seals cracked or broken??

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Looks great AB!  Wonderful set-up.

So what do you use the drier for - drying your hop flowers?  😜

image.png.4d17131b4d136e1d6a8e16dd58d3a9b6.png

No, that's the washing machine for all the towels after brewing.  The dehydrater is sitting on top of the washing machine.  Thats what I use to dry my hops, wild mushrooms and herbs from the garden.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Cheers BB2

Is it threaded? If you haven't already put some Teflon tape on the thread inside and out. I don't have a SS fermenter but I've used it on all threaded parts in my urn. No leakage at all. The sight glass connection doesn't even have an O ring or silicone washer although it does have a metal one on the inside. Ball valve has a silicone washer on the inside but I think it needs replacing. It's not leaking but it's just looking a little worse for wear 😂

• Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:26 PM, Otto Von Blotto said:

Is it threaded? If you haven't already put some Teflon tape on the thread inside and out. I don't have a SS fermenter but I've used it on all threaded parts in my urn. No leakage at all. The sight glass connection doesn't even have an O ring or silicone washer although it does have a metal one on the inside. Ball valve has a silicone washer on the inside but I think it needs replacing. It's not leaking but it's just looking a little worse for wear 😂

Thanks Kelsey! The temp-well is threaded and I think what has happened, when I tried to push on the thermo that came with the FV, I have somehow twisted the very new (BB1 - thanks for comment re old/perished washer or o-ring) sealing o-ring and somehow twisted it... and it has lost the seal.  

I think the design is a bit lacking...  if you tightened all - checked and then did not move the tempwell/seal - then all would be good.

I think BB1 you said you use your inkbird temp sensor - so you would not start moving the tempwell tube around... you just insert the probe... then all would be just fine.  I will do that from now on - and not try to push the rubber mounted temp sensor that came with the Vat in retrospectively after the precious brew is in situ.. think that will do the trick.

Thanks blokes for your feedback - you can imagine my horror when my Wort is dribbling out into the bottom of the fridge... after all that brewing effort 😨

9 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

you can imagine my horror when my Wort is dribbling out into the bottom of the fridge... after all that brewing effort 😨

Especially with five minutes to go before I MUST leave to go to work 😵

On 1/8/2019 at 3:53 PM, Otto Von Blotto said:

I suppose this is more the serving setup than the brewing setup but yesterday I bought this bar which will sit in what's meant to be the dining room but SWMBO decided she didn't like it there, so the table has been moved and the bar is the perfect size to fit into that space. Originally I was gonna build one in a similar style but her mum found it on Fakebook and sent it through, so I decided to go for it. Comes with 4 bar stools as well for an even $500. I am picking it up tomorrow but this is a photo of what it looks like. I'll probably have to slightly modify it to fit the kegerator in behind it, and I might stain it a darker color too. Overall though, pretty stoked to get it this quickly and looking forward to putting it in. Might stick a TV on the opposite wall too.

Bar.thumb.jpg.65122a42aa955e4b06ca0e47984b39b9.jpg

Had to check down stairs to make sure my bar n pool table were still there.

20190608_202430.jpg

20190608_202413.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alpaca Brew said:

Who are the Warriors and what sport are we talking about.  We should be talking 2019 Womens French Open Winner!

The Warriors are a rugby league team.

I’m not sure why we should be talking about Ash Barty when it was a Warriors jersey hanging up.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Hairy said:

The Warriors are a rugby league team.

I’m not sure why we should be talking about Ash Barty when it was a Warriors jersey hanging up.

She wasn't even born when that movie was released. 

Who cares... as Alpaca Brew notes... well done Ash Barty!!!

Any top-line cricketer who can win a major tennis event like that should be congratulated I say 👍

Doubt Warney could win the French Open... even at the top of his game 👺

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2019 at 8:47 PM, Navigator said:

Had to check down stairs to make sure my bar n pool table were still there.

20190608_202430.jpg

20190608_202413.jpg

Nice pub! 😜 Even a band playing while you drink and play pool. I would stay downstairs. The bits are still there; leave the lights on down there so you don't forget. 😉😄

Cheers

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got a few more toys yesterday. The beer taps arrived last week and they’re already on the door. 

I have a double regulator and I will have a 2 way manifold coming off 1 outlet and a 4 way manifold coming off the other outlet. 

I only have 4 taps but this will allow me to have 4 beers at the same pressure or a couple of beers at 1 pressure and a couple of spirit mixers at a higher pressure. 

FA216A8C-F6C6-4868-AFC3-ACFF420A3C04.jpeg

• Like 5