Coopers Community

Show us your current brewing set-up !

Beer Baron

8 hours ago, Titan said:

Well i have added this to the brew house. Main reason was because i always had to fill fv's on the floor then lift them onto the bench, because the grainfather pump doesn't have enough head to fill them in place. This solves the issue and can use it for other lifting tasks.

Titan that is a beautiful thing - can you advise what to net-web-search for please?  And advise total load capacity?  Help please mate. BB

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 6:40 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

Titan - pretty easy - 20 pumps and up it comes?  Pump with the foot?  150kg should live a few FVs and Mash Tuns hey?!  ; )

Are you pretty happy with this equipment and how it is performing mate?

Will give it a run tomorrow brew day.  Seems to do the job though.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 6:40 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

Are you pretty happy with this equipment and how it is performing mate?

Hi BB. I’ve often used these scissor tables when working as a heavy vehicle mechanic and military vehicle assembler. I’ve found them to be extremely handy for moving heavy objects around and lifting them into place. They are easily raised with a foot pump and lowered with a lever on the handle bar, and the wheels are also easily locked using your foot. Have never had any break down on me and have also found them to be great to use as an easy to move around table to rest stuff on eg tools, stubby’s etc.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Titan said:

Added this a month ago. Easy water measurement.

20201121_113146.jpg

Hi Titan.
Bear with me as I'm just a simple K&k brewer but I'm confused as to what circumstance you'd use this in your brewing process. It looks like it measures litres but doesn't a jug or a bucket do the same thing? I'm not taking the p155. I'm just curious.
Your slippers are nice too. I am taking the p155 there. 😉 

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Hi Titan.
Bear with me as I'm just a simple K&k brewer but I'm confused as to what circumstance you'd use this in your brewing process. It looks like it measures litres but doesn't a jug or a bucket do the same thing? I'm not taking the p155. I'm just curious.
Your slippers are nice too. I am taking the p155 there. 😉 

Haha yes the slippers are nice and comfortable. Big plus for me is i dont have to measure water in a jug and cart it to each vessel. Easy for cleaning kegs as i know exactly how much water i need with perc to half fill a keg then turn it over to clean 100% with no waste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Titan said:

Haha yes the slippers are nice and comfortable. Big plus for me is i dont have to measure water in a jug and cart it to each vessel. Easy for cleaning kegs as i know exactly how much water i need with perc to half fill a keg then turn it over to clean 100% with no waste.

Alright. Got ya. I don't keg (yet) so that's why I couldn't see the need. Makes perfect sense now. Thanks, Titan.

• Like 2

Would also be good for filling a brew kettle and sparge pot.  Currently I carry out about 7L at a time from the kitchen to the garage.

Kegland has what they call a Fill-O-Meter.  It lets you input the volume you want and stops the water once the volume is reached.  It's about twice as expensive as the Gardena flow meter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My new 15m chiller. Let's see how much this will shave off the chilling time. I'll run it normally next brew day and depending on the outcome, I may use the old 7.5m as a pre-chiller. I'll stick it into a tub with tap water and five or six 1l ice blocks to chill the water down and speed up the process. Especially toward the end, when the temperature differential between tap water and wort gets to below 5C. If I can save 30 minutes on a brew day, I'm happy.

IMG_6570.thumb.jpg.de86ea8903a94cb695ca46755afb5444.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 year later...