Coopers Community

Show us your current brewing set-up !

Beer Baron

Liking this inkbird wifi thing. I'm in country Victoria (Traralgon) at the moment and can see what's going on with the brew. It's taking about 15 minutes to drop 0.3 degrees then about an hour to warm up again. 

Can also see what the weather is doing from the solar system details, must be sunny up there today as there haven't really been any drop offs in production today 😂

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Liking this inkbird wifi thing. I'm in country Victoria (Traralgon) at the moment and can see what's going on with the brew. It's taking about 15 minutes to drop 0.3 degrees then about an hour to warm up again. 

Can also see what the weather is doing from the solar system details, must be sunny up there today as there haven't really been any drop offs in production today 😂

Absolutely beautiful day. Sunny with a nice breeze. Not a cloud in the sky. Prob about 27.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Get yer arrrse down to the Grand Ridge Brewery then Kelsey!  Mirboo North.  Been brewing real beer for many years.

2 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Yeah not too far away but too busy haha. I've tried their beers before though, and enjoyed them

Good stuff.  Yeah quite a few years ago I fortunately landed a Friday arvo happy hour there on the way through - was gold - I wasn't the nominated driver!

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2019 at 6:54 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

Good stuff.  Yeah quite a few years ago I fortunately landed a Friday arvo happy hour there on the way through - was gold - I wasn't the nominated driver!

The food was pretty good and all. Gippsland Gold was probably my first ever craft beer. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Journeyman said:

The food was pretty good and all. Gippsland Gold was probably my first ever craft beer. 

Cool JMan!  Have not been there for a while, but I was pretty bloooody impressed back then ; )  

Was a lovely area when I was there... lovely and green.... was quite some years ago.

Uh oh @Beer Baron BB1 think I have committed that cardinal error...  wrong thread for this sort of lark ; )

Edited by Bearded Burbler

In spirit of keeping with the thread... after my dreadful incursion above wandering off topic ; )   I thought I should share a brewing set-up photo...

Am pretty happy with my "new-ish" element in my SS Vessel that is Mash Tun to begin with -- and then Boil Kettle once the BIAB SS mesh basket has been lifted out...

Yesterday did a pretty heavy sticky Black Brew/Stouty job and had no problems with anything coating/sticking/burning on so am pretty chuffed with it:

image.thumb.png.e234310ef6c840248b724ece5839e832.png

Cheers Brewers,

BB

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well i bought this electric hob thing about a year ago specific for small batch. Large pot with 12l brought to 70 deg and controlled with inkbird. Small pot 6l sparge. They only just fit. Once strike hit 70 doughed in my grains swapped contoller to small pot cranked setting on hob for large pot down to one. Second inkbird monitoring big pot temperature. And its holding firm at 68.6.

20200403_135320.jpg

20200403_140148.jpg

20200403_140155.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My latest mod... A 20 litre urn and I have dual purposed my immersion coil to run as a Hermes system to keep the Mash temp stable. It is working a treat InkBird set to 67 on Urn. Mash temp of 65 and it is wavering between 65 -+0.5c ...  Now that I know it is working I will buy a dedicated coil to put in the urn.   

20200511_120033.jpg

20200511_114533.jpg

20200511_114538.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well i have added this to the brew house. Main reason was because i always had to fill fv's on the floor then lift them onto the bench, because the grainfather pump doesn't have enough head to fill them in place. This solves the issue and can use it for other lifting tasks.

20200624_134846.jpg

20200624_134931.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

Are they adjustable or are they only two heights, up and down?  I am off to eBay now. 

They can be pumped to what ever height needed, within its limitations of course, and held there with what ever weight they are rated to. Very handy bit of kit.

1 minute ago, Lettucegrove said:

They can be pumped to what ever height needed, within its limitations of course, and held there with what ever weight they are rated to. Very handy bit of kit.

And not cheap either by the looks think. I would rather spend the cash somewhere else on my brew gear. But I do like them.