Coopers Community

Show us your current brewing set-up !

Beer Baron

I'm not allowed any more fridges. Already got two ferment fridges and the kegerator under the bar, wanted to keep the old kegerator for storing kegs at a reasonably chilled temperature but that's not happening. Probably fair enough since space isn't really available for it. If there's room in the second ferment fridge I might be able to stick a keg in there with the fermenter, or use it for kegs if I have a stockpile and don't need two batches fermenting. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

...I’d be using the bigger fridge for kegs (possibly 4) and the other two for fermentation. 

Either way, hope you’ve got plenty of shares in the energy sector

Yeah, the big fridge will eventually hold the kegs, and have taps and tray on the door. The fridge without freezer will ferment. That way the top freezers can be used which the missus utilises for kitchen overflow.

The missus is somewhat unconcerned about my activities because none of my processes are carried out in the house any more; out of sight, out of mind; kinda. 😜

Cheers

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 9:05 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

So DB maybe you are our Chief Brewery Swingtop Bottling investigator to do the research and advise for us 😜

Many months later and i can confirm the swingtops from Mangrove Jacks are still sealed well.

The cider was still under pressure, and nicely effervescent.

BTW 3 month aged cider, OMG. i was a bit down on the quality output earlier. but hot damn does it age well!

I plan to get some more of the bottles for when i finally do my really satisfies stout from a previous ROTM.

• Like 2

New Frementasaurus, $20 fridge from the local CFA garage sale,  (couple of cans of spray paint later decided i'm never going to waste my time again with spray cans. I'll learn how to use a proper spray gun)

keg king temp controller of course.  Spunding valve on top out of pic. 

Heat pad is now located on the side incase it makes the yeast bottle too warm. 

fermentasaurus.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/5/2019 at 12:46 PM, Loch Brewer said:

New Frementasaurus, $20 fridge from the local CFA garage sale,  (couple of cans of spray paint later decided i'm never going to waste my time again with spray cans. I'll learn how to use a proper spray gun)

keg king temp controller of course.  Spunding valve on top out of pic. 

Heat pad is now located on the side incase it makes the yeast bottle too warm. 

fermentasaurus.jpg

I just bought a fermentasaurus of flea bay for $35.   The idea of pressurised fermentation sound really cool

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, Worthog said:

20190924_173246.thumb.jpg.0543dab210a85c1e7ae4ed9f85b75ce5.jpg20190924_173319.thumb.jpg.75f5f432ec3d363053582a769f7c3e69.jpg

Cheers

That one on the right is a Whopper Worthoggler - a bloke could just about live in that...  save on the air-con.

What a beauty!

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

I got some new signage to display what I have on tap. It’s only leaning so I’ll have to find way be able to fixit and easily remove it. 
Beer Baron

Pretty Flash BB1!!

BB2 ; )

U blokes with kegs setup, have u worked out how many schooners (425ml) or pints (585ml) you get out of a keg? 

Does the beer keep better for longer periods being chilled and kegged as apposed to storing in glass bottles in a cupboard at ambient temps? 

Edited by karlos_1984

3 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

$10 from K-Mart😂

Mmmm….. was sorta thinking more that the whole set-up is pretty flash ; )

Those wooden handles are Gold... are they mounted on flow control taps?

And the 'value-plus' sign sets it off.... good stuff!

3 minutes ago, karlos_1984 said:

U blokes with kegs setup, have u worked out how many schooners (425ml) or pints (585ml) you get out of a keg? 

Does the beer keep better for longer periods being chilled and kegged as apposed to storing in glass bottles in a cupboard at ambient temps? 

Just over 40 schooners mate.

Cant help you with the keg question. My kegs usually dont last longer than a month or two 😆

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Just over 40 schooners mate.

Cant help you with the keg question. My kegs usually dont last longer than a month or two 😆

Yeah nah that's fair enough. All depends on how often u sink frothies anyway I suppose. Some more than others obviously 😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Mmmm….. was sorta thinking more that the whole set-up is pretty flash ; )

Those wooden handles are Gold... are they mounted on flow control taps?

And the 'value-plus' sign sets it off.... good stuff!

Oh ha ha ha. 
I have pumped a fair bit of coin into my BBQ and beer hobby with plenty more cool things to buy. 
The father in law made those wooden handles out of red gum and they are just mounted on normal stainless steel Intertap taps. 2 of those taps are non genuine which is pretty annoying so I’ll replace them one day

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, karlos_1984 said:

Yeah nah that's fair enough. All depends on how often u sink frothies anyway I suppose. Some more than others obviously 😉

I probably have too many kegs. I don’t drink on work days so I only drink on days off and most of the the time I don’t drink on every day off anyway. 

On 10/7/2019 at 11:59 AM, karlos_1984 said:

as above around 40 schooners but i have found that my kegs must evaporate or leak, cause i seem to have to fill them more often then I did with the bottles.....🙄

• Haha 2

Well they do hold 4 litres less. A batch in bottles would be about 55-60 stubbies which pretty much fill a schooner. I think the schooner count should be more around 43-45 though, 19,000 ÷ 425 = 44.7. Of course there is some wastage at times with excessive foaming and whatever.  

I use all different glasses so sometimes I have the smaller 330ml ones and other times I have pints. I probably get somewhere around 35-40 beers out of a keg as a result. Of course, they do last a bit longer if I don't have pints. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

hey do last a bit longer if I don't have pints. 

Yep very simple way to increase the life of a keg and reduce the amount one drinks ... I ditched my pints and started using schooners and pots/middies exclusively and the keg went from lasting about 14 days to lasting closer to 18 ... 

• Haha 1