Coopers Community

New Labels & New Thomas Cooper Range

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interested in the Murphy's Irish stout kit... I wonder how we will be able to replicate the magnificent creaminess without the wiget?
Prime at half the normal rate' date=' fill the glass to about 1cm below the rim then hit it with "the old suck up beer with a syringe then squirt it back in trick" said in Agent 86's voice [img']wink[/img]

Interested in the Murphy's Irish stout kit... I wonder how we will be able to replicate the magnificent creaminess without the wiget?
Prime at half the normal rate' date=' fill the glass to about 1cm below the rim then hit it with "the old suck up beer with a syringe then squirt it back in trick" said in Agent 86's voice [img']wink[/img]

Very Smart wink

Not everyone who is not gainfully employed sits on their posterior all day waiting for handouts.

Geez' date=' I was having a joke.[/quote']

I must have been having an autistic moment, I'll try to lock that down.

Sometimes subtlety, sarcasm & jokes go over my head, & I take it seriously when it's not meant that way.

I see your joke now, just I was caught a bit off guard.

surprised

Hi guys! Just wanted to check with the other winners and see if they got a responding email back from coopers after sending their name and address? Just want to make sure my email worked and I'm not going to miss out! :)

Thanks!

Sent my email, & no response.

I assume the original post & announcement was the promo staff, whereas the online sales & delivery team will organize the mail outs of our cans & stuff.

With that in mind, unless advise otherwise, I expect it to be like when you order online, they'll send an email to say when the can starts its trip through the post.

Confirming our details via an email seems a little redundant though, since we all have to log in to post, & all our details would already be on their database.

Whatever, I'll just wait & see, but don't expect to receive my can before Christmas at this rate.

Cheers.

Thanks to all of you who volunteered to test our new range of Thomas Cooper brewing extracts. We have received all contact details from the lucky recipients and these lucky brewers will receive their packs soon.

Sorry to those of you who missed out but don’t despair we’ll have some other offers early next year.

Happy brewing during the Christmas and New Year holidays biggrin

Cheers!

Thank you Mr & Mrs' date=' Miss Ms M and whatever eles Coopers. [img']love[/img] happyw00t

I heard only today there is now a term that describes all those variations (and is gender-neutral and marriage status-neutral). The new hip term is "Mx". So, there you go, MagnaVox.

Hi Everyone' date='

Sorry if we have created any confusion regarding the recent new label changes. Here's what’s happening:

Original Series - Lager, Draught, Real Ale, Dark Ale, Stout - label change but no change to product in the cans

International Series - Australian Pale Ale, European Lager, Mexican Cerveza, English Bitter, Canadian Blonde, - label change but no change to product in cans with the exception of the addition of an all new Irish Stout in the style of Murphys Irish Stout - available in approx 2 weeks

Thomas Cooper Series - completely new range - new labels and all new product in the cans - available on line and in most LHBS now. - unlike some commercial "craft" beers, the stories attached to the TC varieties are all true (you'll have to read the book)

Old Thomas Cooper Series - will be fazed out. Expect it will take appprox 4 - 6 weeks to go depending on the variety.

New addition to the Brew Enhancer range - BE#3 - available in approx 1 week

Anything else new? - yes some more new products coming early 2016

We also have 10 x cans of the new Thomas Cooper series with recommended adjuncts to give away to the first 10 members who put up their hand to test them for us. Just post your response and tell us which variety you prefer - proviso is that you give us an unbiased review.

Cheers!

[/quote']

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I just received my can of TC Bootmaker Pale Ale, & there were no adjuncts included in the package.

As my LHBS closes today until 19 January, I won't be making use of this can until after the LHBS re-opens, as I only have adequate adjuncts to make my next planned batch from existing ingredients.

Of course I'll give my review once I've made, bottled & tasted my complimentary can, but at this rate, it won't be until at least some time in February.

Merry Brewmas to all.

We also have 10 x cans of the new Thomas Cooper series with recommended adjuncts to give away to the first 10 members who put up their hand to test them for us.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth' date=' but I just received my can of TC Bootmaker Pale Ale, & there were no adjuncts included in the package.[/quote']

I didn't get any adjuncts either, Beeblebrox.

Have enough to make up the brew anyway, but thought Coopers was sending some with the new brew can.

We also have 10 x cans of the new Thomas Cooper series with recommended adjuncts to give away to the first 10 members who put up their hand to test them for us.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth' date=' but I just received my can of TC Bootmaker Pale Ale, & there were no adjuncts included in the package.[/quote']

I didn't get any adjuncts either, Beeblebrox.

Have enough to make up the brew anyway, but thought Coopers was sending some with the new brew can.

As you can see, the original message certainly seemed to indicate we should expect adjuncts to come with the cans.

That's all I'm saying.

Hi Gibbo and Beeblebrox,

I also received my can of Bootmaker from Coopers - in the package the were TWO sachets of yeast - one under the lid as normal and one loose in the carton.

I'm not sure whether this was an oversight - I intend to make 23 litres and the instructions say to use one kg of LDME for 20 litres, or one and a half kg LDME for 23 litres.

I'm wondering if two sachets are for the larger amount of LDME, or the second sachet was accidently dropped into the carton.

Did you guys get one or two yeasts - I'm hoping to use one sachet for the 23 litres.

Any advice from the forum would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Petermur.

Hi Peter.

The OG for the brew @ 23 litres comes in at around 1.047. Coopers generally suggest their 7gm kit yeasts were designed to ferment out brews around the 1.040 mark, & although I've successfully fermented brews in the high 1.040's with the one packet of kit yeast, as a recommendation I would suggest you pitch both packets just to guarantee a successful ferment.

Good luck with the brew. Coincidentally, I have this brew in a fermenter atm, & the smells coming from it are very yummy! cool

Cheers,

Lusty.

Archived