Coopers Community

New Labels & New Thomas Cooper Range

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess the next question is what's in the BE #3?

Reckon it's going to be a fair percentage of light DME & dextrose... Maybe 75% / 25% or thereabouts?

I'm guessing that's a fair bet, though of course it's all mere speculation until an announcement is made.

FWIW, my guess would be something like 70%LDM, 15% each maltodextrin & dextrose.

It stands to reason when you consider what's in BE1 & BE2, that BE3 may contain a higher ratio of LDM, as to how high & the ratio of other ingredients, it's more or less guesswork, but my guess is it's the same basic ingredients as BE2 but different ratios.

I'm sure we'll know soon enough, seeing as BE3's due to be released next week.

Great to have an additional option to the existing range of sugars & brew enhancers, which though effective are a little basic.

I'm curious to see what else new comes up next year too, presumably some additions to the brew can range, including the Irish Stout as advised?

Gee whiz

Boy did I miss out! I ignored this thread because I assumed it was just a follow on from the kerfuffle of another similar one. However, I'm a bit disappointed that some of our experienced people with proven palates missed out (and I'll be spitting out their names with venom because I dislike them intensly) like Hairy, B10 and even MagnaMan. Sorry, just got to race outside and perform some emesis after that last name.

However, I'm 100% sure the lucky recipients will give us open and honest appreciations of the results. Well done to Coopers for doing this, and congratulations to the lucky recipients.

Cheers guys and gals.

PS. I hope "Coopers Brewery" provides me with the relevant addresses 'cos it'll cost a lot less if I can provide the hitmen with their home addresses. lol

Edit added: PPS. I would have added Scottie and BeerLust if I thought for one second people in those states mattered.

Of all the mornings to be out at a graduation ceremony... for pre-schoolers! sad

Looking forward to how these brews turn out!

Just a question regarding the recipe page, will these be gradually updated to reflect the new brew cans? Perhaps as fast as PB2 can crank out variations using the new range. biggrin

After my first successful attempt at reactivating the commercial Coopers yeast I'm really looking forward to attempting another batch of Sparkling Ale. Now I'm wondering if I can simply swap the new can of Innkeeper's Daughter into the old recipe or should I just grab a can (or 5) of the old Sparkling Ale before they're gone forever?

BE3 will be 500g Light Dry Malt, 300g Dextrose and 200g Maltodextrin - assuming that the formula hasn't been modified when I had my back turned...

Just a question regarding the recipe page' date=' will these be gradually updated to reflect the new brew cans? Perhaps as fast as PB2 can crank out variations using the new range. [img']biggrin[/img]
Yep, exisiting recipes will have old cans subbed out and new ones in, amendments to the other ingredients or dropped if it 's too hard to mod it to something close to the original recipe (hopefully not many will suffer this fate). sideways

Compared to the former TC Sparkling Ale, Inkeeper's Daughter Sparkling Ale has an increase in bitterness and different yeast so it will work nicely as a sub for TCSA. cool

damn ....knew i should have called in sick today ! i can only put my hand up to see if the new kits are in fact idiot -proof !

sorry to say all kits are only fool proof' date=' as part of latter chaos theory "idiots" will always find a way to fail. [img']surprised[/img] cryingtongue

Cheers.

thanks a bunch mangoman and ant eater ....14 posts in and i'm already copping c#$p !

you would get along great with my ex wife ! unless of course you're scared of born again /new age spiritualists who think 1 dimension are actually musicians (no bloody depth !) i am willing to trade her for future help in my quest to brew a decent home brew .

Sorry MarkedMan, I didn't mean to single you out. I'm a non-descriminatory abuser so in my eyes everyone is canon fodder.

Actually that's not quite true. The longer you're here, the more sh!t I'll heap on you. annoyed But until PB2 bans me, you and everyone else is fair game.

i can handle it antiphon devil

how will coopers handle us semi hijacking a give away thread to post inane taunts at each other ?

PB2 seems a decent sort of mod to me , no Napoleonic tendencies

something about elder berries and hamsters comes to mind though , maybe another beer will help me remember

Any idea when the new cans will be introduced in the U.S.?

Of course, your U.S. operation doesn't seemed to be too concerned with marketing Coopers products. All they seem to care about is Mr. Beer.

Is the intent to clear out the inventory and close shop in the U.S.?

Glad to see the unemployed and destitute managed to win the cans.

Well done Coopers!

I can't vouch for the other winners, but certainly I could be described as unemployed, & living in public housing.

That said, the path that led me to my position in life is not one I would impose on anyone else.

I make the best of a situation beyond my control, & try not to compare myself to others.

Not everyone who is not gainfully employed sits on their posterior all day waiting for handouts.

I don't see that as having anything to do with winning a forum based promotional competition though.

These days most people are on the 'net throughout the day on their laptop, mobile or tablet.

Maybe if you live near one of the winners & you ask nicely, one of us may give you a sample bottle when we've made our brew?

I'm a bit disappointed that some of our experienced people with proven palates missed out ... like Hairy' date=' B10 and even MagnaMan.[/quote']

Magnaman apparently lives a suburb or three away from me, Otto's in/around Brisbane not too far from where I work -- I'm fine with giving both of them a taster or two to spread the wealth and get more unbiased reviews.

sorry to say all kits are only fool proof' date=' as part of latter chaos theory “idiots” will always find a way to fail. [img']surprised[/img]cryingtongue
Sorry Maggot

But I was always taught that as soon as something beacame idiot-proof' date=' evolution created a better idiot![/quote']

lol

I quite like George Carlin's take...

Think of how stupid the average person is' date=' and realize half of them are stupider than that.[/quote']

lol

Good day gentleman,

Lusty.

Magnaman apparently lives a suburb or three away from me' date=' Otto's in/around Brisbane not too far from where I work[/quote']

And that alone hasn't been enough incentive to move interstate?

Blustery, I'm still smarting from the NZ PM's comment about kiwis emigrating to Australia has had the effect of raising the average intelligence in each country!

Glad to see the unemployed and destitute managed to win the cans.

Well done Coopers!

At least one of them went to a slacker employee browsing the Coopers forum from his desk ... innocent

Perhaps Paul can muster up enough Christmas spirit to beat the sales team into sneakily posting out a few more cans?

giphy.gif

Archived