Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

1 hour ago, Stickers said:

think you're confusing mondo rock (ross wilson) for mi-sex (from new zealand, computer games) but can't fault that list. i was too young to see ac/dc in their prime but have caught the oils on at least three occasions (and the head injuries tribute band who were damn faithful to the songs and the intensity). Also never saw the Hunters and Collectors but did see their peers, the Painters and Dockers on a couple of uni nights way back when.

really enjoying aus music month

Yes Mondo Rock...knew it started with M 🤯

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeB7 said:

Mate that is a WAAAAY back music vid.  In their underground, garage punk percussion days 

it's like a time capsule of the early 80s hey. places, cars, moments, clothes and hairstyles. hunters had a great visual presence in their videos.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stickers said:

it's like a time capsule of the early 80s hey. places, cars, moments, clothes and hairstyles. hunters had a great visual presence in their videos.

Yes very much so... It was so regional back then with the pub bands. Didn't hear of H&C in Sydney until 'Say Goodbye'.  Pretty much same era as Weddings Partys Anything.

Man I remember Dicky C just owning some place we stumbled into one night in North Sydney..(could have been as far away as Palm Beach, I just recall crossing the coathanger).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JoeB7 said:

Yes very much so... It was so regional back then with the pub bands. Didn't hear of H&C in Sydney until 'Say Goodbye'.  Pretty much same era as Weddings Partys Anything.

Man I remember Dicky C just owning some place we stumbled into one night in North Sydney..(could have been as far away as Palm Beach, I just recall crossing the coathanger).

i had a couple of spy v spy cassettes - cracking band from sydney. yeah rock was very regional back then but bloody hell there were so many good bands in that era, we were blessed

• Like 2

Here's a few new video releases.  I actually recorded these back in 2011 at Neil Finn's Roundheaed Studios here in Auckland, NZ but only now have I actually bothered to put them to video!  These were produced and mixed by Eddie Rayner (Split Enz) etc and he of course contributed keyboards.   Michael Barker,  perhaps best know for his time with the John Butler Trio drummed for the Enz in their later reunion gigs in the mid to late 2000's.   He was kind enough to jump onboard these sessions.     Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, a couple deal with quite dark topics... but anyway...

Dusty Road

The Light & The Darkness

Take Me Away

• Like 8

2 hours ago, BlackSands said:

Here's a few new video releases.  I actually recorded these back in 2011 at Neil Finn's Roundheaed Studios here in Auckland, NZ but only now have I actually bothered to put them to video!  These were produced and mixed by Eddie Rayner (Split Enz) etc and he of course contributed keyboards.   Michael Barker,  perhaps best know for his time with the John Butler Trio drummed for the Enz in their later reunion gigs in the mid to late 2000's.   He was kind enough to jump onboard these sessions.     Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, a couple deal with quite dark topics... but anyway...

Dusty Road

Well Done @BlackSands , very talented.  I enjoyed them.

• Like 4

On 10/24/2022 at 8:30 PM, iBooz2 said:

Well Done @BlackSands , very talented.  I enjoyed them.

And, I seem to be on a bit of a roll at the moment so put together another... best get them done 'before I die of some horrible disease'!  (That's an Eddie Rayner quote by the way)  😉  

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 6:06 PM, JoeB7 said:

My neighbour (uni dweeb doing physics & a couple of years older than me) asked me to come & see some guy called Pete Wells doing a couple of one off shows at Coogee bay hotel in the 90's (sans the rest of the band).

Me: "Who's Pete Wells"?

Him: "Guitarist for Rose Tattoo"

Me: "You serious? I got better things to do"

Him: "My shout"

Me: " I'm there"

Later, the next early morning drive home.

Me: "That was F*%#EN AWESOME. How'd a geek like you find that guy"?

What an ace surprise! I never saw him solo

Love gigs like that Those accidental awesome ones you never expected

• Like 2