Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

2 minutes ago, Stickers said:

way back when i sold a few rare records for, of all things, money to buy smokes. am so glad those days are over

I sold the live Devo EP to buy beer 🥴 I hadn't listened to it for a while and figured there was no point hanging on to it 😵‍💫

If I could turn back time ...

i'm growing in stages
and have been for ages

breaking out some old 7" singles after buying some new ones today, it's sad this song has been a bit forgotten over time

Edited by Stickers
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stickers said:

i'm growing in stages
and have been for ages

breaking out some old 7" singles after buying some new ones today, it's sad this song has been a bit forgotten over time

Great song

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This will not be everyone's cuppa tea. But being a Beatles nut I can't help myself. Peter Jackson's clip is an event rather than a music clip - it closes the chapter on arguably the most influential music band in modern history. The technology used here is incredible. The vocal pulled from a demo cassette tape from the late '70's which had the piano and the vocal on the one channel. The song was worked on by Macca, George and Ringo in the '90's but was shelved because of the technical hurdles they faced back then.

Now and Then - The final Beatles song. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2023 at 6:45 AM, Tricky Micky said:

This will not be everyone's cuppa tea. But being a Beatles nut I can't help myself. Peter Jackson's clip is an event rather than a music clip - it closes the chapter on arguably the most influential music band in modern history. The technology used here is incredible. The vocal pulled from a demo cassette tape from the late '70's which had the piano and the vocal on the one channel. The song was worked on by Macca, George and Ringo in the '90's but was shelved because of the technical hurdles they faced back then.

Agreed @Tricky Micky - simply wonderful 👏🙌💙🪲🎼😉🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 9:15 AM, Tricky Micky said:

Awesome. The Beatles were just before my time, but Mum and Dad were big fans. I have favourite bands, the Beatles aren't one of them. But you'd have to admit they are the greatest band of all time.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 9:15 AM, Tricky Micky said:

Just on the Beatles, I think the closest music I've ever heard is some of Crowded House songs.

They are a favourite of mine, and a few of their songs are so Beatle like. Not through imitation, but by accident I feel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Just on the Beatles, I think the closest music I've ever heard is some of Crowded House songs.

They are a favourite of mine, and a few of their songs are so Beatle like. Not through imitation, but by accident I feel.

Oh yeah, definitely - and I agree by accident most likely although I believe Neil Finn was heavily influenced by Beatles music. Unlike that other band who unashamedly just imitate them. 🤣 Just kiddin!

But Gallagher did make this comment in an interview once:

The Beatles undoubtedly had a huge impact on Noel Gallagher’s songwriting. In a 2021 interview, he declared that The Beatles still “mean everything” to him, explaining: “They’ve definitely got the best tunes, hands down,” he said. “In my record collection, they’ve got the greatest tunes by far. They influenced everybody who influenced everybody else, who influenced everybody that came and went,” Gallagher continued. “Their influence is absolute. I don’t know a single guy playing the guitar or writing songs that wouldn’t cite The Beatles as an influence”.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2023 at 7:14 AM, Kegory said:

Turge @ Whole Lotta Love

IMG_20231205_215203230.thumb.jpg.7005e35d9704652fd7c9cdb3fdf75d81.jpg

A mate's son's band, their first residency, the 2nd of three consecutive Tuesdays. I saw them play about 5 weeks ago at the 86 Festival. They frequently sound exactly like Nirvana.

We need good, young up and coming bands. The cupboard is bare.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pale Man said:

We need good, young up and coming bands. The cupboard is bare.

It is......hard to get gig space for the up and coming muso's these days anywhere...crap pubs with too many pokies - bistro's you could house a Boeing 747  in- I remember the days when almost every pub would have a sign out front for the upcoming music band nights....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tricky Micky said:

It is......hard to get gig space for the up and coming muso's these days anywhere...crap pubs with too many pokies - bistro's you could house a Boeing 747  in- I remember the days when almost every pub would have a sign out front for the upcoming music band nights....

I’m with you @Tricky Micky, a pub in my local town back in the day was the go to place for live bands on a Friday/Saturday night. My wife and I had our first date there yrs ago. It is closed for renovations currently, they wanted to knock it down and build units but the town fought back and now it is heritage listed, so they can’t touch it. Due to re-open February 2024 so the bride and myself will go back, who knows they may even have a band on 🤞🤞

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Yep. The pub scene these days as far as live music is concerned is bad. The good old days were fantastic. Even here in Whyalla pubs used to attract big names live.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Yep. The pub scene these days as far as live music is concerned is bad. The good old days were fantastic. Even here in Whyalla pubs used to attract big names live.

Yeah, I remember in the old days even before Pokies we had every live band available & it was fun, these days I am only interested in Country & stuff like Barnsie etc. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kegory said:

There are plenty of places for bands to play in Melbourne. The pubs still have the pokies but plenty of bars are putting on live music these days.

That's good to hear K, but I guess I was comparing it to back in the day. I'm surrounded by muso's in the family - it's tough out there these days.

• Like 1