Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

On 9/15/2022 at 6:32 PM, BlackSands said:

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea...  and perhaps not mine either, but here's an album I produced, mixed and mastered for a local female artist released just a wee while back -  kind of an easy-listening, new-agey vibe.  Kick back, have a few beers and relax...

https://arrt.bandcamp.com/releases

Great sounds to chill to here

Also good music to play during the long hours of insomnia - calming and not "intrusive"

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cee said:

Great sounds to chill to here

Also good music to play during the long hours of insomnia - calming and not "intrusive"

Glad you enjoyed it.  The second offering - maybe even a third (22 tracks) from A.R.R.T.  is almost complete!   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Glad you enjoyed it.  The second offering - maybe even a third (22 tracks) from A.R.R.T.  is almost complete!   

I want to give this a better listen too, but thought I'd post my initial reaction. I am enjoying this sort of music more and more these days.

Doesn't mean I've stopped liking my heavy stuff 😉

More tracks? Lettuce know when it's done!!

• Like 2

Not quite as chilled, however I finally got to see Rose Tattoo play - always wanted to, never got to, so it was about time

I am more into the Tatts than Accadacca for my pub rock, I think the slide guitar adds a lot to the sound

Here's one of many tracks I dig of theirs

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 4:09 PM, Cee said:

I think the slide guitar adds a lot to the sound

My neighbour (uni dweeb doing physics & a couple of years older than me) asked me to come & see some guy called Pete Wells doing a couple of one off shows at Coogee bay hotel in the 90's (sans the rest of the band).

Me: "Who's Pete Wells"?

Him: "Guitarist for Rose Tattoo"

Me: "You serious? I got better things to do"

Him: "My shout"

Me: " I'm there"

Later, the next early morning drive home.

Me: "That was F*%#EN AWESOME. How'd a geek like you find that guy"?

• Like 4

"too much of sunshine too much of sky"

midnight oil unplugged in canada circa 1993. not heard this before, there's a whole album and a bit's worth up on the official midnight oil youtube page ♫

Edited by Stickers
date fix!
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 8:48 PM, JoeB7 said:

How old are you again @Classic Brewing Co ???

@JoeB7  Ya should never ask how old an icon of this forum really is, its downright bad manners IMO.

Our Phil is a survivor.   A survivor of the Titanic.  Nothing more needs to be said.  (Sorry Phil, I just had to take the Pi$$ here).  🤣  Hope you understand and forgive me. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

@JoeB7  Ya should never ask how old an icon of this forum really is, its downright bad manners IMO.

Our Phil is a survivor.   A survivor of the Titanic.  Nothing more needs to be said.  (Sorry Phil, I just had to take the Pi$$ here).  🤣  Hope you understand and forgive me. 

Aw Shucks Al, I liked the first bit but you st****d up the ending.

No days off for you.

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2022 at 10:06 PM, iBooz2 said:

T'was not a question of age Boozer

• Haha 1

Only ever saw the Angels live from your picks @Stickers.

Of the bands I did see live (in no particular order of best)

Divinyls, Skyhooks, Baby animals, Hoodo Gurus, Mi-sex (a.k.a Daddy Cool) all blew the audience away.

Wish I'd seen Chisel & H&C's live

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JoeB7 said:

Only ever saw the Angels live from your picks @Stickers.

Of the bands I did see live (in no particular order of best)

Divinyls, Skyhooks, Baby animals, Hoodo Gurus, Mi-sex (a.k.a Daddy Cool) all blew the audience away.

Wish I'd seen Chisel & H&C's live

think you're confusing mondo rock (ross wilson) for mi-sex (from new zealand, computer games) but can't fault that list. i was too young to see ac/dc in their prime but have caught the oils on at least three occasions (and the head injuries tribute band who were damn faithful to the songs and the intensity). Also never saw the Hunters and Collectors but did see their peers, the Painters and Dockers on a couple of uni nights way back when.

really enjoying aus music month

• Like 1