Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

1 hour ago, kmar92 said:

I love the Teskey Brothers, probably the most talented vocalists and musicians in Australia at present - in my humble opinion.

Me and Mrs have seen them live three times. Always lead up to bigger bands ( Cold Chisel, Midnight Oil )

But hell, they deserve the stage in their own right. Bloody fantastic live band. We're seeing them live in Adelaide, Glenelg Beach next year. i cant wait. They put heart and soul into their music.

On 11/21/2021 at 2:23 AM, Pale Man said:

Got tickets for this concert. Should be ok. Mannum.

mannum.JPG

i had to run some boom crash opera a3 posters today. first file came through and  it was a bit "average" so had to jump on the email to let them know i needed a better pic of the talent. got to look after the local legends 🙂 (great to see live music geting back in action)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stickers said:

i had to run some boom crash opera a3 posters today. first file came through and  it was a bit "average" so had to jump on the email to let them know i needed a better pic of the talent. got to look after the local legends 🙂 (great to see live music geting back in action)

I'm a live music tragic, and being a teenager of the 80's..........i'm going through a middle age chrisis with my music. I'll go and watch any live band that was half decent in the 80's.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

midnight oil on the work radio a lot this week because they have a new album out, a couple of months ago they played the entire 10->1 album in full and was the first time i'd heard it in full in years. had this as a teenager but loaned it to one of my drifter mates and never saw it again. easy to forget outside world but hearing it again for the first time again in 20+ years was a moment i just paused by the radio at work and just took an extra long moment to reflect. great band, massive album

• Like 1

Oils are one of those classics i respect as a classic

I really loved their writing

But Garret's voice never quite jelled for me

I leaned far more heavily towards Redgum for my dose of Aussie political folkpop - Live at the Rosedale (?) I think from memory was title of the album that sealed the deal for me there

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stickers said:

@Pale Manthat 2nd crowded house album was one of the first ones i got on CD i reckon, via the CD club that was advertised on the back of most magazines back then 😆

Boys are touring. Im trying to get tickets at Entertainment Centre Adelaide. Its very frustrating. Ive followed the Finn boys since Split Enz.

My mate im going with is a bit over excited. If i cant nail tickets hes going to be not a happy boy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stickers said:

thinking of jumping ship work wise in 2022. love this cover of the van halen classic

I looooove a good cover

Or maybe... a good interpretation

Not a copy, but an artist or group, connecting with a song I connect to as well, but from their own perspective

That kinda remake

This is definitely these guys expressing what the song means to them... so ace this is what "Inspiration" means

I have a personal connection to the song lyrically, but I am yet to hear a version that expresses my particular spin on it, I do appreciate this version 🙂