Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

On 3/4/2023 at 11:55 AM, Cheap Charlie said:
On 3/3/2023 at 3:44 PM, BlackSands said:

Wrote and produced a new tune the other day, and invited an AI vocalist to sing it:

Well done mate. Although judging from the lyrics of the song you'd probably not want to spend a night around the campfire with me and a few frothies shootin' the breeze. 😂 Great song by the way - very talented.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/11/2023 at 10:31 PM, jennyss said:

Hi @BlackSands, Does that mean an 'artificial intelligence' vocalist? Do you program in the chords and style wanted?

Hi,  I used a product called Vocaloid for this.   The AI vocalist just sings the lyrics to the notes that you manually program in.  I loaded in my backing tracks (which I recorded and mixed previously) and then using Vocaloid drew in each note of the melody entering the words at the same time.  There's no control over the actual style of the singing however.    

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0513.thumb.jpg.bd197b4d92f4aff3ef7803283380a277.jpg

stocked up on some cheap oils on a whim

diesel and dust i only ever had on tape way back when from myer at knox, lost along the way
blue sky mining i had on cd but must have traded it in at some point
10->1 had on vinyl, loaned to a mate somewhere in the early 90s, finally twigged that was never coming back
head injuries had the t-shirt but only had the album on one side of a TDK someone taped for me, lost along the journey
bird noises - still have on EP \m/

listening to diesel and dust for the first time in decades

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 8:37 PM, Stickers said:

IMG_0513.thumb.jpg.bd197b4d92f4aff3ef7803283380a277.jpg

stocked up on some cheap oils on a whim

diesel and dust i only ever had on tape way back when from myer at knox, lost along the way
blue sky mining i had on cd but must have traded it in at some point
10->1 had on vinyl, loaned to a mate somewhere in the early 90s, finally twigged that was never coming back
head injuries had the t-shirt but only had the album on one side of a TDK someone taped for me, lost along the journey
bird noises - still have on EP \m/

listening to diesel and dust for the first time in decades

Ahh

Someone else who likes actual CDs!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

An instrumental piece with no particular story to tell so I've really just applied some imagery that kinda fits.  The Chinese title "Bing Xue Qin Xin" simplistically translates to "frozen heart" but in Chinese there's more depth to the meaning.  The phrase "Qin Xin" is a relatively common expression in Chinese language and culture. It is often used to describe someone who has a deep appreciation and understanding of music, particularly the guqin (a traditional Chinese plucked musical instrument), or someone who has a pure and tranquil heart, akin to the sound of the guqin. The phrase can also be used in a broader sense to refer to a person's innermost thoughts and feelings. "Bing Xue" simply refers to ice and snow.  So, when combined these words very crudely translate to "Frozen Heart", but also could be interpreted as a metaphor for a person's heart being as pure and serene as the sound of the guqin, even in the midst of cold and harsh environments.  I think a native Chinese speaker would probably extract more meaning because they would of course understand the deeper cultural elements that is implied in the title and that, along with a bit of imagination maybe see how it connects with the video elements.  So, anyway that's the interpretation I've settled on!  😎

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BlackSands said:
This song I wrote a while back was prompted (inspired?) by a social media post by an old high school mate and his current ongoing struggle with weed addiction:

23 hours ago, BlackSands said:

An instrumental piece with no particular story to tell so I've really just applied some imagery that kinda fits.  The Chinese title "Bing Xue Qin Xin" simplistically translates to "frozen heart" but in Chinese there's more depth to the meaning.  The phrase "Qin Xin" is a relatively common expression in Chinese language and culture. It is often used to describe someone who has a deep appreciation and understanding of music, particularly the guqin (a traditional Chinese plucked musical instrument), or someone who has a pure and tranquil heart, akin to the sound of the guqin. The phrase can also be used in a broader sense to refer to a person's innermost thoughts and feelings. "Bing Xue" simply refers to ice and snow.  So, when combined these words very crudely translate to "Frozen Heart", but also could be interpreted as a metaphor for a person's heart being as pure and serene as the sound of the guqin, even in the midst of cold and harsh environments.  I think a native Chinese speaker would probably extract more meaning because they would of course understand the deeper cultural elements that is implied in the title and that, along with a bit of imagination maybe see how it connects with the video elements.  So, anyway that's the interpretation I've settled on!  😎

Incredible mate, your artistic talents from photography and videography and music composition are amazing.. you've got a new fan here 👍🏻 

Now, if your beers are as good as your art, then damn, I'm buying a ticket to NZ!! 😂😂

• Like 1

I'm not actually listening to this, I'm actually kinda over it to be honest!  But it's my newly released somewhat 'experimental' album  -  ten "girl" songs, a collection of co-writes, some dating back 20 years!  Just released on Spotify etc - all songs sung by "Solaria", AI.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

quiet 5 mins at work yesterday and INXS 'need you tonight' was on the radio so googled what drum machine actually did the drum line. the roland (on a river) 707

love the 727 too, never realised where all those iconic 'latin' beats from the 80s/90s came from before yesterday

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Why am I second to the holiday I book?
The colour of my skin when I get there drunk?

Good work, their only song without swearing in it 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0906.thumb.jpg.655ce5d382025212680253c48294801e.jpg

space monkey mafia

IMG_0912.thumb.jpg.96b10f7456b68ea83352c7ce9a467a18.jpg

all the trees are red

IMG_0913.thumb.jpg.a7b74ea4b99b7bc1705efb03f320cf5e.jpg

say kids what time is it?

IMG_09141.thumb.jpg.dbdfb060817c033dd7b7959f40b45658.jpg

bang bang

IMG_0916.thumb.jpg.9e258bf6bc4e816b3aaef419ff27723c.jpg

when they do the double dutch

IMG_0915.thumb.jpg.916e87c05a77f189271b01e1b9b304d6.jpg

living on the razor's edge, trying to catch the sun

fair to say i found some gold in castlemaine today

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kegory said:

Good haul. Planet Claire is not only one of my all time favourites (check out the film clip on YouTube), it's also pretty rare. Get that one valued @Stickers

way back when i sold a few rare records for, of all things, money to buy smokes. am so glad those days are over

• Sad 1