Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

27 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

I remember seeing the plastic wig and that jacket out on the streets in Geelong and vague recollection of the mug and cup in shops. I was more dreaming of winkle-pickers. (pointy-toe shoes) 😄 Instead I got hand-me-down bovver boots. 😞 

Oh Yeah every time I bump my in-grown toenails I remember the 'Beatle Boots' you could take out a splinter with them.

The things we used to do. 👢 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Beatles broke up before I was born but they are still my favourite band.

I’m looking forward to Get Back and I am glad Peter Jackson is doing it.

For me, Let it Be isn’t up there with the best of the Beatles albums. It has a few great songs but overall isn’t great. Unlike the one they recorded after it; Abbey Road. That is one of the best albums of all time.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hairy said:

The Beatles broke up before I was born but they are still my favourite band.

I’m looking forward to Get Back and I am glad Peter Jackson is doing it.

For me, Let it Be isn’t up there with the best of the Beatles albums. It has a few great songs but overall isn’t great. Unlike the one they recorded after it; Abbey Road. That is one of the best albums of all time.

I love 'em Hairy, Let it be, was the result of music tapes which had been shelved. They were handed over to Phil Specter and he introduced his horrible "Wall of Sound" to the finished product....Abbey Road was in fact their last collaboration together as a band and even then the recording sessions were often done with guitar, vocal and drum tracks recorded separately and apart from one another.

I remember going to see "Let it Be" the movie and the "Last Waltz" as a double feature at the cinema in the early '70's and thinking how tragic the four looked in that portrayal. Thanks to Jackson and Get Back we will get to see the real version of those Let it Be recordings and the days surrounding them. I agree Abbey Road is outstanding.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stickers said:

1411863303_IMG_86131.thumb.jpg.07edfe30a8035b306d7d54e484962e74.jpg

celebrating the end of aus music month with a real barry crocker (rescued from my parent's record collection long ago). i can't bring myself to actually play it though, i'm allergic to cheese

They're coming the raw prawn Bazza.  Better show them what your made of....

• Haha 1