Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

20 hours ago, Mickep said:

SOS @Shamus O'Sean mate, didn't realise you were a fan.

My favorite scene.

This stirs the groin region of my now too tight lederhosen. My mum's family hail from the Salzburg region of Austria. Unlike @Shamus O'Sean we weren't sent bed after this song. We were made to watch the film again until we enjoyed it. 
Ze vords of mein mutter schtill ring in my ears, "You vill enjoy zis movie. Ve have vays of making you schmile. Achtung!! Schmile! Schmile now!" 😄 😄 

• Haha 3

I cannot watch that scene from the Sound of Music without expecting Paul Hogan to appear and gun her down.  

Don't get me wrong.  I have nothing against the Sound of Music.  It is massive dagfest and a lot of fun.  My ex and her three daughters used to charge around the house singing the soundtrack.  I think I know every word.  Rather than take the part of Christopher Plummer and giving a rendition of Edelweiss  I took myself down the pub.   But anything that brings people so much joy has to be a good thing.  

AT 2:25...

• Like 1

I don't like the modern world.  I want to go back to the good old days when Eartha Kitt did cool intros when she wasn't being the best Catwoman ever.  The girls were prettier then, Che Guevara was playing smoking samba on the piano and you could get a gig as a lead tambourine player.

Hit it !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Jim said:

I don't like the modern world.  I want to go back to the good old days when Eartha Kitt did cool intros when she wasn't being the best Catwoman ever.  The girls were prettier then, Che Guevara was playing smoking samba on the piano and you could get a gig as a lead tambourine player.

Hit it !

I have to concur with the basis of what you are saying re: the good old days, most of that stuff is legendary, I love music, all types but of course we all all different animals & I have favourite syles & genre, I for one am a Country Music freak but still like all sorts of other stuff, Barnes'y etc but all this head banging hard rock crap doesn't do it for me, not to mention the way they present themselves all sweaty & hairy, some of the men are just as bad 🤣 joke joyce, You Tube & other channels have a plethora of good old stuff some of them re-mastered to watch on our big telly's. 

We are all different, so be it.

2 minutes ago, Stickers said:

ere you go @Classic Brewing Coand @Thirsty Jim - a bit before my time though

There would be a few of us that remember things like that, I certainly do. When I was younger there was a similar event held in Berri SA down by the river for a 4 days, the person who organised it was by a politician called Jim & a activist who's name was Jenny, the names escapes me but I am sure someone will remember, this is a photo from the 70's at Myponga in a similar theme.

There was booze, drugs & rock & roll & al lot of unclad folk, I among a few others were the bouncers/security & it was full on.

Similar things happen today but now the are all packing iron & there riots & stuff. 🥴

18737-max

• Like 2

Thanks Stickers.  That was wee Molly Meldrum doing the vox pop, the MC was Gerry Humphries (lead singer of the Loved Ones who furnished INXS with their first hit, the Loved One) and the guitarist at the very end was Kerry McKenna of Madder Lake whose debut album Stillpoint I personally played to death.  

I was too young for Sunbury though but I have it on good authority that it was more like a sunburned booze up than any sort of Woodstock.  Pub rock in a paddock.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

There would be a few of us that remember things like that, I certainly do. When I was younger there was a similar event held in Berri SA down by the river for a 4 days, the person who organised it was by a politician called Jim & a activist who's name was Jenny, the names escapes me but I am sure someone will remember, this is a photo from the 70's at Myponga in a similar theme.

There was booze, drugs & rock & roll & al lot of unclad folk, I among a few others were the bouncers/security & it was full on.

Similar things happen today but now the are all packing iron & there riots & stuff. 🥴

18737-max

I just remembered it was Dr Jim Cairns & Junie Morosi that organised the Rock Festival/Protest in the 70's that I attended, it was held at an isolated part of the Murray River called 'Martin's Bend'  just out of Berri SA - what a blast.

• Like 1