Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What are you drinking

Scottie

Having a few of my red ales in between various things like mowing the lawn (striping it up like the MCG more like), cleaning the bird cages. Just finished one now and onto spraying weeds in the lawn and getting the whipper snipper going. Only got a few bottles of it left now, and then it's onto the pseudo lager, which I've had a couple of this week and is also going down well. I'm happy with how it turned out, although probably won't do that again if the quick lager method produces nice beers.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Burton Ale ESB. Very nice' date=' but could have done with maybe another 5 IBUs [b'](anti makes mental note).[/b]

Hey P2 trust me write it down.......wink

Looks good, is it's colour a bit light? That's no criticism, only a question? unsure

Cheers.

Criticism. I can't stand criticism! I makes me very aaaaangry and forces me to get revenge. Would you mind sending me your address, Manitoba Man? bandit

It does look rather pale, but right or wrong, I actually designed it that way, mate. And I just discovered the really good thing about being away for a few weeks is you get to try the ones that were too young when you left. Here's a shot of the Wee Heavy Scotch Ale I'm trying now, and I just found where the 5 IBUs got to. Very nice, but just a tiny tad too bitter for the style, I think.

00-WeeHeavy.jpg

G'day Drinkers, I'am knocking back a couple of Real Ales hopped with Chinook and Citra just a touch under 3 months in the bottle and what a nice drop, how non-exotic, it must be the peasant in me, what can I say I'm a Philistine and loving it. tongue

Cheers.

the last of my brews..

straight outta the can Wheat beer i brewed start of summer. basic recipe.

a Citra IPA i brewed 8 months ago. lots of crystal and lots of citra hmmmmmm

AG Choc oatmeal stout Philbo and i brewed way back when… too much to list.. and bloody delightful though lacking head a over a year later..

a twocan coopers stout with lots of additives.. its a black hole in a glass.. and totally hits the spot…

looking forward to brewing again soon. its been far too long

I chilled down one of my Tap-a-Draft bottles full of Hobgoblin clone after bottling my Ordinary Bitter last night. It had been naturally carbonating for about 4 weeks now and there was a strong hiss when I opened the bottle and put on the tap this morning. I put it on its side in the fridge, added a CO2 cart and let it settle during the day.

What a fantastic idea for those without a keg fridge and no space to put one. The Tap-a-Draft fits easily in the fridge and works really well. I'm getting a very nice pour and the beer is delicious.

Enjoying a few of Otto Von Blotto's Red Ale this afternoon. Mine are just over 4 weeks bottled now & are starting to come together very nicely. The roasted barley that I found quite noticeable 2 weeks earlier, is all but gone now. Another 2-3 weeks & I reckon this beer will be drinking near its optimum. happy

Anyways, my glass is empty, time for another pour. biggrin

Cheers,

Lusty.

Yesterday, I felt sorry for a homeless tramp that was wandering by and asked him in for a beer. (Sorry, Brownsworthy, couldn't help myself). The poor bugger still has no power and it may be still a few days away from restoration, so he brought some battery-pack thingy so it could be charged up for home (and I was astonished and noted he protesteth way too much when I mentioned it was for his personal vibrator; he claims it's for his mobile phone. Yeah right!)

We each calmed down with a pale ale, and then had several Burton-yeast ESBs. I really love this one - a nice amount of bitterness showing through over a healthy malt backbone. My only criticism would be that perhaps next time I'd do a bit more late hopping; meanwhile Browny was way too polite to critcise.

And I couldn't resist. Even though it was only 6 days in the bottle and kept in the garage probably between 16 and 17 degress (meaning only just starting to carbonate), we tasted the Benny's Baby Red. Unanimous opinion is Benjamin is a bloody genius even if he is a Queenslander. Beautiful colour, just an amazing amount of rye spicyness (even just a tad subtle which is not surprising given my recipe % changes) with a balanced hop flavour. We were both raving over it, Benny! I'm ready now to do the Big Red too in a few weeks.

Cheers, and it's great to see some sun again

Phil.

You what! I bloody well told you that my mobile uses heaps of power and the only bloody "personal massager" I have in the house is a back massager ok a back massager!

Alright well you've gone and done it now you want some criticism well your ESB was a tad light in colour and was a little less bitter than I would like so there take that!!!

Oh and yes the Benny's baby red is very promising for only six days in nice bite lovely colour and hops even after that bloody oaf had the audacity to tinker with your recipe Ben.

Cheers

Getting down to the last few bottles of the Little Black IPA -- the dry-hop is definitely starting to fade by now, but it's still a bloody tasty drop.

Managed to take some along to my last brew club meeting (as well as a few bottles of the CanEhdian PEhle Ehle) and got some really encouraging (and surprising!) feedback:

On the Black IPA:

"You made this from a kit and steeped grains? Not AG? Bullshit..."

"If this is what you're making from kits, I can't wait to see what you come up with when you start BIAB."

"I can't believe how similar this tastes to my AG BIPA. Are you sure it's from a kit?"

I'm a fairly modest guy by nature, so I haven't let it go to my head, but it's nice to get feedback like that from people who have tasted a lot of beer (good and bad). biggrin

I'm trying my best to be polite, Gibbo, and let the word "congratulations" pass my lips without spitting on you. However more importantly for me, you've just made it to the "hated" list (which is growing larger quite quickly) for people who are putting down better beers than I. You can expect this to be our last civil conversation.

It seems you have now also stepped a little too far down that slippery brewing slope; there is no way back from here. Enjoy the long slide into obsession.

I would really love to have a home brew ... home early from work and ready to bottle my APA this afternoon. However after a Stone IPA, a Stone Arrogant Bastard and a Stone Ruination I don't think I could taste anything else I drink from now on pinched

Edit: After a litre of water my palate is refreshed! Strangely I enjoyed my Hobgoblin clone and Saison more than those previously mentioned. They are definitely much more balanced.

G'day Drinkers, the aurtumnal delights of Brisbane are upon us "Luck Bastards" and I have been taking the opertunity to slip into a couple this arvo. happy

Real Ale with Chinook and Citra, 4 months in the bottle and a real bewty indeed.

I then moved on to my Sassy Sheila, delicious and then the Toucan Stout, 7 months in the bottle and OH YEAH baby........happy

Cheers.

Archived