Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What are you drinking

Scottie

I have to agree with Loin Tingler. And this applies equally to B10 and Mars Man. I also hope you don't take any comments out of context and accept them in the spirit they are given.

"I hate your guts and hope you get run over by a train!"

innocent

+1

lollol

Well said P2. You have a certain mastery of our diction & a timing on when to use it well above myself. cool

Barry Humphries would be proud. rightful

For those unaware of the greatness of Barry Humphries' date=' here are some of his most notable quotes...

1: “Sex is the most beautiful thing that can take place between a happily married man and his secretary.”

2: “New Zealand is a country of thirty thousand million sheep, three million of whom think they are human.”

3: "I was born in Melbourne with a precious gift. Dame Nature stooped over my cot and gave me this gift. It was the ability to laugh at the misfortunes of others."

4: "There is no more terrible fate for a comedian than to be taken seriously."

5: “Australia is an outdoor country. People only go inside to use the toilet. And that's only a recent development.”

6: “Most of my contemporaries at school entered the World of Business, the logical destiny of bores.”

7: "Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century."

8 : I'm trying to think of a word to describe your outfit ...affordable."

9: "The best jokes are often only understood by one other person."

10: "If you have to explain satire to someone, you might as well give up."

11: “My parents were very pleased that I was in the army. The fact that I hated it somehow pleased them even more.”

12: "This double chin was grafted on to me, in Brazil. It belonged to Elizabeth Taylor. It was her left love handle."

13: "Andrew Lloyd Webber doesn't need necessarily to be on camera does he? I think the old phantom could have lent him a mask or two... No I'm teasing, and he'd know if he's watching, which I hope he isn't."

14: "I'm not racist. I love all races, particularly white people. You know, I even like Roman Catholics."

15: "I'm better than Judi Dench, much much better and I'm afraid taller!"

Cheers,

Lusty.[/size']

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have posted some lovely looking recipes over your time on the forum' date=' but this one is my personal favourite. It's just soo unique & above all else, clever. I can only imagine what it tastes like. Very envious.

[/quote']

Thanks bud. The next will have the malt bill from the Belgian White IPA thread. That is almost colourless and I'd really like the pink to come through. Flowers have started to grow for the second crop so it's on it's way.

in the spirit they

Buddy, wouldn't take it any other way.

Robust Porter.

Hints of chocolate, coffee and licorice. Nice bitterness at the end balanced by a roasty flavour.

Great beer.

GpLZ5Xo.jpg

Pours crystal clear from the bottle - like that little red bit at the base of the glass.

Robust Porter... - like that little red bit at the base of the glass.

That reddish tinge/hue is something I do look for when separating a Porter from a Stout in the glass.

As usual with your pics....nice looking beer. wink

Cheers' date='

Lusty.[/size']

White Trash IPA - still marvel sometimes when I drink a beer I made. This is tops.

As is the Fanta Pants Amber Ale I had earlier. That seems to be coming into a happy place now.

I'll have to grab some Mosaic and remake it along the lines of Lusty's Amber.

Love beer.

Love making beer.

Love annual leave too.

Really enjoying my third attempt at brewing a Saison, after 5 or 6 weeks in the bottle. This is exactly what I want out of a Saison!

It was a pretty simple recipe. Grain was a partial mash with pils malt, LDM and a smidge of dark crystal (1.4%) and choc malt (0.3%) to add a tiny bit of colour. Hops were Pacific Hallertau @FWH and flameout to 33 IBUs. This was actually my first no-chill brew. Yeast was Wyeast 3726PC (third generation repitch after harvest).

The gravity went from O.G. 1.050 to F.G. 1.000 after about 3 and a half weeks in the fermenter, and so ended up at about 6.6% ABV. However unlike my first attempt at a Saison which ended up at over 8% ABV this one tastes really nicely balanced with no alcohol dominance. The yeast character has somehow ended up just about perfect too, with just the right amount of esters. There is a nice touch of citrus / marmalade from the hops which blends in nicely.

I think I definitely got lucky on this one, very happy indeed with how it turned out! My only regret now is not harvesting the yeast from this batch, although it probably wouldn't have lasted in the fridge until next summer anyway though.

Hello Brewers

Watching the Aussies put New Zulland to the sword and sampling the first of my Pacific Crossing Pale Ale. It is young' date=' very young after 3.1 weeks in the FV and 2.7 weeks carbing up in the keg.

We've got a combination of passionfruit and grapefruit in this one with a lovely refreshing finish. It has a MO and Munich base yet the malt is subdued at the moment. Also my first brew with water correction having used 5.6g of Gypsum. Would like to have let this one age a bit however I 've had two kegs blow in the last week and stocks are low.

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

[i']Valley Brew[/i]

Having another of these. Its now 4 weeks and I'm just getting a hint of Maris Otter. This is the youngest age at which I've tapped a keg, it is interesting to watch it develop. Now I know that there are some who regularly drink their beer at this young age, and while I'm a fan of hops I think I prefer to wait for the hop influence to settle and the malt to shine.

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

Valley Brew

RDO today, so after getting a few jobs done, time for a few pours from the keg. happy

scrccs_APA.jpg

American Pale Ale with CaraBohemian, Simcoe, Cascade, Riwaka, Chinook, & dry hopped with Riwaka & Motueka. Yum! biggrin

Cheers,

Lusty.

American Pale Ale with CaraBohemian' date=' Simcoe, Cascade, Riwaka, Chinook, & dry hopped with Riwaka & Motueka. Yum! [img']biggrin[/img]

Looks and sounds great Lusty! Good to know American and NZ hops are working well together ... bodes well for my next brew happy

Thanks for the kind words John. smile

I might be a bit of a dim-wit, & perhaps a little careless at times on other areas of brewing (as recently demonstrated in another thread pinched), but I believe I have a very good understanding of a large group of hop varieties now that gives me no fear in throwing 5 or more varieties into a beer style such as an APA, & will have a fairly good idea of how they will work with each other, & what the eventual beer flavour will likely produce.

I'll look forward to viewing your next recipe listing. wink

Edit: I'm guessing it's the Amarillo/Nelson Sauvin/Pacifica brew? unsure

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

Late shift again. I force carbed up another version of my Mosaic Amber Ale earlier today. smile

Oddly enough it's been a while since I brewed it last. Very malty this one. The 500gms of Aromatic in place of the Munich is quite noticeable.

Welcome back ohh sweet nectar! Yum! happy

Cheers,

Lusty.

G'day Drinkers, having a Dreadnought Best Bitter, recipe in post #5 and it's at 8 weeks in the bottle and it's getting better and better to my taste and the Windsor yeast has an interesting effect during the pour, it clumps well and give quiet a lot more sediment in the bottle, this settles in the glass well.

I like the mouth feel and the flavour and will happily brew this again. happy

Cheers.

G'day Maggot Man

I had to have a quick look at your recipe to remind me ('cos you posted it more than 10 mins ago). Since I'll be reunited with my brew gear soon, it looks a though a close version will done next week. If you were to change anything next time, are their any alterations you'd make or would you do it exactly the same. It's easier to learn from others than to reinvent the circular centre-holed transportation apparatus.

Cheersby from the little cheese.

G'day P2, I'm very happy with the result, it's not overly hoppy, I intended on using 20 grams of Amarillo, but only had 12 grams. Would it make a big difference, I doubt the extra would be overwhelming but it is very nice as it is. Some times less is more. wink

Cheers.

Just tried the Fresh Draught, not bad but my days a lager/draught drinker are gone, don't enjoy them so much any more. But good to have for a hot summers day, so better pop one into the fridge. To have it is ready and cold for that one day summer we get up here, before the rain season erm summer starts in earnest.

I'll have a Marilyn's Secret Blonde Ale with dinner, even though it have only been in the bottle for a week. Heck, it did say enjoy young on the recipe and one does have to do quality inspections too, don't I?

Afternoon Ale.

Late hopped with Chinook, Azacca and Nelson, dry hopped with Nelson.

Really good flavour. Lovely fruit notes - perhaps the pineapple Azacca allegedly has?

Great balance. Easy drinking at around 6.5%.

Archived