Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

9 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I seem to be having trouble with one of my kegs/taps, both beers have been in for a week now & generally pouring well however the Draught seems to deliver a perfect beer first pour but it slows down almost to a trickle for the second.

When it is left idle for a while, it pours better.

I have conducted the obvious checks, psi, connections, beer lines etc. but I suspect it is a blockage in the dip tube.

I think I can get through this until the keg is empty, but I am seriously thinking about floating dip tubes.

How many of you guys are using them & are they in fact better?

Cheers.

https://www.kegland.com.au/products/floating-corny-keg-lid-aka-the-corny-floater

I’ve converted all of my cornies (7) and they are great for clearer beer. A bit of a PITA to push the silicon tube on the small dip tube provided as you have to get your hand inside the keg to do so. I also put a filter on the end, and attached the floating ball to it. 
Worth it IMHO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

First pour of a Duvel clone, then a Timothy Taylors, and finally an over-carbed Black Sheep.

The Duvel wasn’t as sweet as the previous keg (same batch), could be the extra lagering helped. 
The TT was very satisfying, and the Black Sheep, well, have to wait and see 😢

IMG_1801.jpeg

IMG_1802.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I’ve converted all of my cornies (7) and they are great for clearer beer. A bit of a PITA to push the silicon tube on the small dip tube provided as you have to get your hand inside the keg to do so. I also put a filter on the end, and attached the floating ball to it. 
Worth it IMHO

Cheers mate 👍 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I seem to be having trouble with one of my kegs/taps, both beers have been in for a week now & generally pouring well however the Draught seems to deliver a perfect beer first pour but it slows down almost to a trickle for the second.

When it is left idle for a while, it pours better.

I have conducted the obvious checks, psi, connections, beer lines etc. but I suspect it is a blockage in the dip tube.

I think I can get through this until the keg is empty, but I am seriously thinking about floating dip tubes.

How many of you guys are using them & are they in fact better?

Cheers.

https://www.kegland.com.au/products/floating-corny-keg-lid-aka-the-corny-floater

Not frozen again?

• Haha 3

On 2/8/2024 at 11:05 AM, iBooz2 said:

My general rule is Carapils malt addition for lagers and Wheat malt addition for Ales.  I have not tried Rye yet.  I do have some Rye in stock for a similar beer to your RyeRish Red but unfortunately waiting on stocks of the right yeast to appear at my supplier then will give Rye a crack.  Cheers.

Nice work Boozer! : )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, John304 said:

Yes, up to 6 generations, then retire it or make a fresh starter

Well you have answered my query that I was after whether you can reuse yeast if you had used gelatine as a fining

Thanks john 

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

Well you have answered my query that I was after whether you can reuse yeast if you had used gelatine as a fining

Thanks john 

Yeah I haven’t noticed any difference with gelatine in the yeast

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John304 said:

A coopers Mexican cervisa with be3 , Nottingham, 10 grms each of Amarillo, citra, galaxy, what I had in the freezer, came out really nice 

IMG_1815.jpeg

What did you do with the hops? I got a can of Mexican Cerveza waiting in the wings, was wondering what I could do with it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChairmanDrew said:

What did you do with the hops? I got a can of Mexican Cerveza waiting in the wings, was wondering what I could do with it.

Dry hopped with 10 grms of each, should read cerveza

Edited by John304
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, NBillett09 said:

How do you summons such beautiful, emotive weather conditions and lighting for every one of your beer pictures mate 🥹

@Pezzza 's real name is MOSES but is now retired.  He lives very near little Mt Sinai (you see it in the background a lot) and he talks to burning bushes (remnants seen in the pic)  and he could part the water in that damn if he was so inclined.   🤣

He can also recite the Ten Commandments of brewing off by heart. 🤣

Edited by iBooz2
  • Haha 6

I had a couple of mates drop in so I decided to serve butchers, no one seemed to mind or even commented, after thinking about it I thought why should they, it's free anyway. 

It could set a new president for me to conserve beer given the amount of traffic I get in here. 

20240212_154252.thumb.jpg.6df8b72989d90d526bcbf492a36cb973.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I had a couple of mates drop in so I decided to serve butchers, no one seemed to mind or even commented, after thinking about it I thought why should they, it's free anyway. 

It could set a new president for me to conserve beer given the amount of traffic I get in here. 

20240212_154252.thumb.jpg.6df8b72989d90d526bcbf492a36cb973.jpg

Looks like a tasty glass Phil.

• Like 3