Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

On 1/8/2024 at 6:15 PM, Back Brewing said:

My first AG a Pale Ale 2 weeks in the keg 👍 

20240107_225946.thumb.jpg.73afbc168a5892568235e442f9fd4605.jpg

Beautiful work BB mate and Congratulations on first AG - great stuff!!!

And Good Brewing for many more to come 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2024 at 6:15 PM, Back Brewing said:

Well done @Back Brewing.  I bet you are glad that you came back to your hobby of beer making, I know I was when I got back into it.  Keep em coming.  I am looking forward to seeing what you brew next.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Tonight is a taste test of my COPA - cube A that was fermented pretty much under ambient temps, luckily low 20's C.  This was the one I could not cold crash, so it is a bit hazier than usual.  Only been in the keg a few days at 20 psi.

Also forgot to mention I did a dry hop with this cube.  Was supposed to be 50 g of PoR but I would have had to open a new packet and found 30 g of Eclipse in my freezer so used that instead.  I will also dry hop COPA cube B as well when the time comes.

This beer is certainly a winner with the eclipse dry hop, a COPA E. 

I am drinking it early as I cry tears of blood having to pay $60 for a box of let's say ordinary beers.  Been doing that for months now and I am over it.  Most expensive was 24 cans of Emu Export (bush chook in WA) which cost me $80 at a sly grog shop in Derby WA who was not supposed to be open for business on a Sunday due to local liquor licensing laws and I had not one beer in my caravan fridge so just had to cop it.

COPA 10Jan2024.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 12

13 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Well done @Back Brewing.  I bet you are glad that you came back to your hobby of beer making, I know I was when I got back into it.  Keep em coming.  I am looking forward to seeing what you brew next.

Yeah if I was to do anything differently with this brew I would have thrown the 2 late additions ino the cube for flavour and aroma I thought it was going to be a bit bitter but once it was chilled and carbonated it is really nice

My son said he would have a quick one on Sunday then decided to have a second one before he left my next brew which I have had some help with from another member on here is a Stone & Wood clone

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

Yeah if I was to do anything differently with this brew I would have thrown the 2 late additions ino the cube for flavour and aroma I thought it was going to be a bit bitter but once it was chilled and carbonated it is really nice

My son said he would have a quick one on Sunday then decided to have a second one before he left my next brew which I have had some help with from another member on here is a Stone & Wood clone

Yes, I brewed several of the S&W clones, was my favourite beer for a long while.  Back when I was doing kits and bits, I brewed quite a few of the Coopers Pacific Summer Ale recipe and loved them.  Replicated this recipe when I went to AG and loved them too.  My old man reckons my AG Summer Ales were the best beer he has had and of course I had to brew kegs just for him, so I had to do double batches.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

Tonight is a taste test of my COPA - cube A that was fermented pretty much under ambient temps, luckily low 20's C.  This was the one I could not cold crash, so it is a bit hazier than usual.  Only been in the keg a few days at 20 psi.

Also forgot to mention I did a dry hop with this cube.  Was supposed to be 50 g of PoR but I would have had to open a new packet and found 30 g of Eclipse in my freezer so used that instead.  I will also dry hop COPA cube B as well when the time comes.

I am drinking it early as I cry tears of blood having to pay $60 for a box of let's say ordinary beers.  Been doing that for months now and I am over it.  Most expensive was 24 cans of Emu Export (bush chook in WA) which cost me $80 at a sly grog shop in Derby WA who was not supposed to be open for business on a Sunday due to local liquor licensing laws and I had not one beer in my caravan fridge so just had to cop it.

COPA 10Jan2024.jpg

I feel your pain when we travel I take as much stock as I can allowing for weights when towing the caravan I found that I didn't drink much after a day of travelling when parked in a free camp as after a day driving by 8.30pm I was stuffed 

It was when I ran out and I was at the mercy of outback prices it really used to peeve me off

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 4

On 1/8/2024 at 5:45 PM, Back Brewing said:

For me the difference is night and day between AG and kits. It's a good feeling to pour your own beer you made from scratch. 

• Like 2

Down the latest rabbit hole, having ordered a new pump/siphon unit for a beer engine I got “cheap” off ebay…

A bit of work to go on the pour but the beer is good. Appropriate winter brew for the season/temperature it is here

IMG_1454.jpeg

IMG_1456.jpeg

IMG_1450.jpeg

IMG_1453.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Down the latest rabbit hole, having ordered a new pump/siphon unit for a beer engine I got “cheap” off ebay…

A bit of work to go on the pour but the beer is good. Appropriate winter brew for the season/temperature it is here

IMG_1454.jpeg

Ha, lovely shirt Sainter. 🥳🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

COPA 10Jan2024.jpg

@iBooz2 Boozer, Al, look at you with ya fancy pants side lighting "n" all. Looks great mate. Love the idea of the eclipse dry hop too.

• Like 2

I thought it was time to open the 2l Growler, a Pale Ale from 2 brews ago, instead of fiddling around with bottles the balance of the brew went in this bad boy.

I must say I am normally not that impressed with the few AG bottles I drink compared to the kegged beer. This tastes even closer to COPA than I have ever made, a really nice drink, even the bitterness lingers.

I struggle to see why but I am not complaining, Cheers. 

20240112_150601.thumb.jpg.cc4c7e462973ad570878ca1bb8b842e1.jpg

• Like 8