Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

haha no, it's avocado lime and coriander with chilli in cream cheese, but usually I have it with a blue cheese sauce of some kind 😂

I have been making chilli sauce for years, but then I saw your @beach_life vacuum seal method and now I'm hooked. Works a treat!

sauce1.thumb.jpg.7f9cfd6d5981c2dbd75c87ef513b4792.jpg

sauce2.thumb.jpg.0362d796d3132454570d51c1d7c92168.jpg

sauce3.thumb.jpg.d415634d2edf356d4015075e7d2a639d.jpg

Edited by Cheap Charlie
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Cheap Charlie said:

I have been making chilli sauce for years, but then I saw your @beach_life vacuum seal method and now I'm hooked. Works a treat!

I missed that  - you vac pack the chopped chilies and what looks like garlic and then what ? That Jim Beam one looks particularly , ahem, potent, with the possibility of being a Double Taxation Hot Sauce 🌶️🌶️🌶️🔥

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A bit of seafood with pasta, just lovely with a red wine, white wine would be good to but I think this is OK.

Looks awesome mate, I agree with the red vino - it goes with pretty much everything, but I find less so with cornflakes. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

I missed that  - you vac pack the chopped chilies and what looks like garlic and then what ? That Jim Beam one looks particularly , ahem, potent, with the possibility of being a Double Taxation Hot Sauce 🌶️🌶️🌶️🔥

The red one is chilli and garlic - you know the garlic is alive and good when it turns blue when fermented or pickled. The green one is coriander, lime, garlic and thai basil. Not super spicy so the taxes are low 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Each to their own Mick 😁 to me that is a perfect medium steak & I love it that way, any less cooked & it is disgusting 😉

Yeah, I know Phil, I'm a bit weird with the steak and I have no idea where I get it from.

If I'm cooking at home with a decent steak I'll have it blue....I know that disgusts some people but I love it that way for some strange reason.....musta been a vampire in my prior life. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mickep said:

Yeah, I know Phil, I'm a bit weird with the steak and I have no idea where I get it from.

If I'm cooking at home with a decent steak I'll have it blue....I know that disgusts some people but I love it that way for some strange reason.....musta been a vampire in my prior life. 😂

Reminds me of someone else ... ⛷️ 🏔️

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Each to their own Mick 😁 to me that is a perfect medium steak & I love it that way, any less cooked & it is disgusting 😉

I’m with Mick on that one 👍🧛‍♀️

My efforts last night

F97E5E0B-E7A4-4FCC-A041-61E5205A3F87.jpeg

3A4F0C66-C265-4D6D-86BD-A4CB70D70847.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Added photo
  • Like 3

And why did he cover it in pepper before cooking as pepper burns too quickly.  A well salted and grilled / BBQ-ed steak is the way to go for mine then add the cracked pepper.

I like mine somewhere along the lines of between blue, rare and medium rare depending on the cooking method used.  

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

And why did he cover it in pepper before cooking as pepper burns too quickly.  A well salted and grilled / BBQ-ed steak is the way to go for mine then add the cracked pepper.

I like mine somewhere along the lines of between blue, rare and medium rare depending on the cooking method used.  

I always pepper mine & salt before cooking & have never detected any burnt taste. Of course, once you have seared both sides & turn the heat down that would make a difference.

I don't know why you vampires are worried about burning the seasoning, it wouldn't be on the grill long enough. 🤣

• Haha 2