Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

1 hour ago, beach_life said:

Are the snails undercover?

Is your lunch guest on their phone???

Yeah, underneath the "special sauce". The last time I was there the owner's wife said I'd have to sleep with the cook (her husband) to get the recipe so I said it's OK, I'll stick with garlic butter 😂 

At least she had a sense of humour...

The guest would be my son. Managed more than a couple of grunts, so I'll call that a result 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Nachos - Not pretty, but yummy - chilli con carne baked with corn chips and grated cheddar cheese; topped with sour cream, guacamole, and home made pickled chillies.

Nachos.jpg

Lovely stuff Jenny! Looks alright to me, main thing is it’s homemade.

Unlike my offering for tonight - got back really late so it was a shop-bought sauerkraut tub, but as they go it was fine 😆

The Coopers Regency Red complemented it admirably

4CC092F8-7BC5-4BA7-B26E-B748BD6EAC58.jpeg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Lovely stuff Jenny! Looks alright to me, main thing is it’s homemade.

Unlike my offering for tonight - got back really late so it was a shop-bought sauerkraut tub, but as they go it was fine 😆

The Coopers Regency Red complemented it admirably

4CC092F8-7BC5-4BA7-B26E-B748BD6EAC58.jpeg

Looks fine Sainter. Never really tried sauerkraut much not in Oz any way. Must try some. Ya know mate, I think you still get the rest of the day off for your meat selection on the plate. I do wonder though if it's late, ya probs only going to get a few minutes off. 😂

Edited by Mickep
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Looks fine Sainter. Never really tried sauerkraut much not in Oz any way. Must try some. Ya know mate, I think you still get the rest of the day off for your meat selection on the plate. I do wonder though if it's late, ya probs only going to get a few minutes. 😂

A last COPA will wash it down… problem is, still a bit wired after a long day so I can’t just hit the hay

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Looks fine Sainter. Never really tried sauerkraut much not in Oz any way. Must try some. Ya know mate, I think you still get the rest of the day off for your meat selection on the plate. I do wonder though if it's late, ya probs only going to get a few minutes. 😂

Nah, I could never come at sauerkraut, sour, unpleasant, it is fermented cabbage Yuk!

I do like cabbage but not that.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Mickep said:

Two little Thai influenced meals

Yum

7 hours ago, jennyss said:

Not pretty, but yummy

Pretty yummo!

7 hours ago, stquinto said:

my offering for tonight

wow, and yes, the Coopers red would suit it well

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

On the plate:

Slow cooked pork in a sticky, spicy sauce, leftover chicken stir fry, Home grown Chinese broccoli, and a smashed grilled mushroom salad (Larb Hed)

The mushroom salad is not for the faint hearted - just saying' 🌶️

Great stuff Mick, you are spoilt with that cuisine. I used to have a Czech girlfriend & they are great cooks, I used to particularly like the way they cooked meat & also the soups, goulash, dumplings etc. We used to have Polish, Slovakia friends So it was always great trying all of the sausages, cabbage rolls, schnitzels, stews, cheese etc.

Later I was with a German girl I met at the German Club in Adelaide, that was a blast too, but I managed to avoid the fatty meats & sauerkraut.

Having a background in cooking helps but I quite often muck about with cooking different dishes from all over the world.

bon appetit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Great stuff Mick, you are spoilt with that cuisine. I used to have a Czech girlfriend & they are great cooks, I used to particularly like the way they cooked meat & also the soups, goulash, dumplings etc. We used to have Polish, Slovakia friends So it was always great trying all of the sausages, cabbage rolls, schnitzels, stews, cheese etc.

Later I was with a German girl I met at the German Club in Adelaide, that was a blast too, but I managed to avoid the fatty meats & sauerkraut.

Having a background in cooking helps but I quite often muck about with cooking different dishes from all over the world.

bon appetit.

I am Phil, and I'm acutely aware of that. SWMBO not only cooks but takes a keen interest in the brewing as well....she has a sip too.

But I also love the fact that she is so Aussie as well when it comes to eating BBQ's, pies and hamburgers. But that can be the greatest thing. We end up with the two cuisines colliding and sometimes that can lead to awesome tasting meals....

• Like 3

A nice piece of Barramundi tonight, I cooked it all but inly ate half as it is nice the next day warmed up in the Convection oven for lunch as it crips up nicely.

I should change my salad presentation so I will work on that.  I forgot to show the Tartare Sauce & the Sav Blanc.

Good old Fish & Chips.

20230301_175923.jpg

20230301_190111.jpg

20230301_190430.jpg

• Like 6

On 2/26/2023 at 1:29 PM, ozdevil said:

poached eggs with vegemite on toast is the bomb mate  specially  when the yolk runs over the toast 
might seem a strange combo but it works

We do something similar.  Buttered toast spread with Baxter's Fig, Date & Balsamic Chutney (spread as you would Vegemite) then about 15 mm layer of smashed avocado, then a poached egg with runny yoke, seasoned with salt and freshly cracked black pepper and finely sliced spring onions greens.  I think I have posted a pic much earlier in this thread somewhere.

Have also tried the same combo but with Mango chutney and also with home made, home grown tomato chutney but we always seem to circle back and prefer the Baxter's Fig, Date and Balsamic Chutney.  You can by 235 g jars at Woolies and Coles.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mickep said:

Slow cooked pork in a sticky, spicy sauce, leftover chicken stir fry, Home grown Chinese broccoli, and a smashed grilled mushroom salad (Larb Hed)

The mushroom salad is not for the faint hearted - just saying

Beautiful stuff…

10 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Good old Fish & Chips

Lovely grub mate!

• Like 1