Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight, bivalves with tomato, chili, wine, garlic parsley, pepper & wine, I didn't go to a lot of trouble, but it is great for Saturday night.

20230318_191826.thumb.jpg.fc6f2509513b9b5d731c12b8e74c5b95.jpg

You might not have gone to a lot of trouble but the meal looks absolutely magnifico mate.

• Like 2

Sausage pizza with tomato sauce drizzled elegantly over it; then covered it with another layer of mozzarella cheese before it went in the oven. My husband does a lovely yeast crust with half and half plain and wholemeal flower; and also 'parbakes' it for about 10 minutes before we put the toppings on.

Sausage pizza.jpg

Sausage pizza cooked.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

Sausage pizza with tomato sauce drizzled elegantly over it; then covered it with another layer of mozzarella cheese before it went in the oven. My husband does a lovely yeast crust with half and half plain and wholemeal flower; and also 'parbakes' it for about 10 minutes before we put the toppings on.

Looks nice@jennyss it is amazing how many ingredients you can create a pizza with, including leftovers or anything you have on hand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jennyss said:

Sausage pizza.jpg

Sausage pizza cooked.jpg

Looks really good Jenny, no little cheeky gherkins this time? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2023 at 10:35 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight, bivalves with tomato, chili, wine, garlic parsley, pepper & wine, I didn't go to a lot of trouble, but it is great for Saturday night.

Lovely stuff as usual Phil!

On 3/18/2023 at 12:48 PM, Mickep said:

This might not look too hot or spicy but the homegrown chilli's are outta this world. Hot Hot Hot! Even SWMBO had a sweat up.

Awesome looking sauce mate!

On 3/18/2023 at 8:38 PM, jennyss said:

Wow! Looks really yummy Jenny!

Top marks to all of you!!! 

• Like 1

Here is a Barramundi I caught recently at the Dandenong fish market.  Steamed it whole in foil with lemon butter sauce, salt and fresh cracked black pepper.

Barramundi - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 6

Sweet potato casserole- the taste of childhood! I know I won't surprise you with this dish, but it was the first that came to my mind. Sweet potato casserole is a dish that is often associated with Thanksgiving and other holiday gatherings, but it can be enjoyed year-round. It typically consists of mashed sweet potatoes mixed with sugar, butter, milk, and a variety of spices, and then baked until golden and bubbly. Some variations include toppings such as marshmallows, nuts, or streusel.

One of the reasons why sweet potato casserole is so popular is because it combines the natural sweetness of the sweet potato with warm and comforting flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. It's a dish that is both hearty and indulgent, making it perfect for special occasions or cozy nights in.

Preparing sweet potato casserole is relatively simple and requires only a few basic ingredients. To start, you will need to peel and cube your sweet potatoes and boil them until they are tender. Once they are cooked, mash them with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Add some milk to achieve your desired consistency, and transfer the mixture to a baking dish.

At this point, you can add your toppings of choice. Mini marshmallows are a classic option, but you can also use chopped nuts, crumbled bacon, or a streusel made from butter, flour, and sugar. Bake your sweet potato casserole in the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until the top is golden and the casserole is heated through.

In conclusion, sweet potato casserole is a classic and delicious dish that is sure to please any crowd. Whether you're looking for a comforting side dish for a holiday meal or a hearty and indulgent dinner for a cozy night in, sweet potato casserole is an excellent choice. Give it a try and see why this dish has been a beloved staple of Southern cuisine for generations.

imagesccc.jpg

Edited by zxcvvbk
  • Like 1

Good old fashioned Roast Chicken & vegetables, who needs gravy?

After a couple of days of helping reduce the amount of alcohol on the planet, it seemed the simplest task.

Tasted bloody good too. 🐔

chook.jpg

20230321_202647.png

Isn't it just the best meal.

• Like 1

Good old fashioned Roast Chicken & vegetables, who needs gravy?

After a couple of days of helping reduce the amount of alcohol on the planet, it seemed the simplest task.

Tasted bloody good too. 🐔

chook.jpg

20230321_202647.png

Helping to regenerate the liver 😁

• Haha 3