Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Righto here is the 3 batches of Beef Jerky in the Dehydrator. They will be in there for mast of the day so guess what the Bar Snacks are tonight at Classic Brewing Co? 

My mate across the road will be all over it when he finishes work.

20230307_093836.thumb.jpg.17cc8dd3c39c4ab1d61687535fa69d6f.jpg

Looks Yummbo Phil, I'm going to have a crack at this. It'd be a match made in heaven with the frothies involved. Once you've sealed the meat in their packages how long will it keep in the fridge do ya reckon?

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Looks Yummbo Phil, I'm going to have a crack at this. It'd be a match made in heaven with the frothies involved. Once you've sealed the meat in their packages how long will it keep in the fridge do ya reckon?

I have kept in the fridge in a non-metallic (pyrex dish with lid) for up to 3 weeks, but it rarely lasts that long.

I have also placed small quantities in lock type small plastic bags & froze it & you can store it up to 12 months.

But as you know it is hard when you know it is in there 🤣

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have kept in the fridge in a non-metallic (pyrex dish with lid) for up to 3 weeks, but it rarely lasts that long.

I have also placed small quantities in lock type small plastic bags & froze it & you can store it up to 12 months.

But as you know it is hard when you know it is in there 🤣

but it rarely lasts that long.

Ha! I know that only too well. Great stuff mate.

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:27 PM, Mickep said:

Popcorn chicken, and a home made spicy Thai snag in a fresh bread roll with home made chilli sauce

Luvverly stuff Mick ! Soon have your own AG brew to wash it down with , right ?

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 12:18 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

ighto here is the 3 batches of Beef Jerky in the Dehydrator. They will be in there for mast of the day so guess what the Bar Snacks are tonight at Classic Brewing Co? 

My mate across the road will be all over it when he finishes work.

Lovely stuff Phil ! All gone yet ? Bet it doesn't last long...

Have you ever tried making biltong in your dehydrator ?

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 9:27 PM, Mickep said:

home made spicy Thai snag

Looking forward to making some sausages again

On 3/6/2023 at 5:41 AM, stquinto said:

Osso bucco soffrito, and saffron risotto. And the bone marrow on bread

Looks great

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2023 at 11:24 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I had a mate come around with a 6kg piece of Rump he won in a pub meat raffle & he wanted me to butcher it for him.

So, I scored a Steak Dinner, he is a bit like me, he hates fat & likes it Medium (that's cooked Stquinta) 😁

A few beers out of the tap & then on the BBQ & a few reds. It was really tender & I have still got some in the fridge.

I am sorry about the messy plate, I forgot to take the last photo when it was first plated.

I’d still eat it Phil, at least it’s pink 😋

How was the jerky?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stquinto said:
On 3/6/2023 at 10:27 PM, Mickep said:

Popcorn chicken, and a home made spicy Thai snag in a fresh bread roll with home made chilli sauce

Luvverly stuff Mick ! Soon have your own AG brew to wash it down with , right ?

Too right - only about 4 sleeps to go! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes mate, it turned out great, I do prefer Jerky but I will make some more biltong, this is the recipe I used.

https://karnivore.co/biltong-recipe-for-dehydrator/

I lived in Zimbabwe for a few years Phil, they made the best biltong I've ever tasted - not for everyone mind, it was on the wet side but it was just delicious especially with a frothie or two. 😂

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I lived in Zimbabwe for a few years Phil, they made the best biltong I've ever tasted - not for everyone mind, it was on the wet side but it was just delicious especially with a frothie or two. 😂

A few years ago when I was on the road full-time selling to pubs I had a few side lines; Beef Jerky/Biltong etc.

The biltong was made by a South African guy who owned a factory over there & he was visiting AUS & I met him while he was promoting it & looking for agents to sell it for him.

It worked out fine as I was already selling to the Pubs but at the end of the day there is more money in Stubby Holders/Bar Mats etc.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

There's allegedly a potato shortage, the crinkle cuts are a delicacy! 

I agree, when I don't make my own chips my favourite shop-bought chips are Coles Beer Battered Steakhouse Chips, but I haven't seen them in ages. McCains can be nice but they are up around $7.00 a bag which used to be 1kg, then reduced to 750g & some even 600gms

Crinkle Cuts crisp up nicely & are nice for a change.

All you need is a Crinkle Cut Tool - as shown in article.

https://www.wikihow.life/Make-Crinkle-Cut-Chips

• Like 3