Coopers Community

BREW DAY!! WATCHA’ GOT, EH? 2022

Marty_G

5 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

3 brews worth of grain from the legends at Beerbelly here in Radelaide.

• Hazy IPA
  • Red Rye IPA
  • Heffeweizen (which I’ll add apricots from our tree to)

This lot should keep me busy for a bit.

Yes they are good people, I get stuff delivered from Pooraka to Glenelg it is only $6.50 with APD so cheaper than me driving out there & back.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Bottled a Pale Ale

Brewed a Cooper's Best Extra Stout

Now that is a Simple recipe to do!

Yeah my Stout is bottled & I have a Dark Ale going ATM - the weather is suited for that type of grog 🤤

BTW when are you coming to Adelaide next ? Bring a thirst with you 🤣 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah my Stout is bottled & I have a Dark Ale going ATM - the weather is suited for that type of grog 🤤

BTW when are you coming to Adelaide next ? Bring a thirst with you 🤣 

May be on Tuesday, will let you know.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well it seemed like a good idea at the time, your lovely beer range is a bit powerful too !! 🤯

Dont blame the guest Phil   the host should know better

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ozdevil said:

did he help set the equipment profile  so all you have to  in future to select that   and it does the numbers for you

Hoppy goes above and beyond a brew store. I wouldn't have all grain kegs without him. Not just locals but anyone that needs anything.  Rare to have a buisness of any sort that will profusely back up their ideals. Theres a lot more to say but probably best said in person over a beer like Phil has done.

Ive gone the long way around saying that Phil is in amazing brewing hands with Hoppy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hoppy is a good bloke, always helpful but he drinks too much 🤣 🤣 🤣

He could eat too back in the day. But he slowed down there for a while. His barbecue is another famous trait and passion of his. I'm glad i'm not so much into barbecuing and beer with Hoppy around. I reckon id be that big i'd compete with the moon on who gravitates the Earth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

Dont blame the guest Phil   the host should know better

OK but we started off with a 2l Growler of Pilsner from Lobethal Bierhuas & moved quietly in to some of Hoppy's lovely beer from his new range & in between had a couple of go's at a some of k & k's that I had done & then my first AG APA followed by more of Hoppy's & then there was an assault on anything that was in the fridge - you may remember the morning after photo of the empties !

I felt obligated to keep him hydrated as he had travelled far & had been working hard on setting up my keg fridge - then we had a bottle of red with dinner.

So I think the man is capable of saying no thanks, I have had enough 🤣

It was a great night & he is always welcome to Phil's Bar & Grill.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Hoppy goes above and beyond a brew store. I wouldn't have all grain kegs without him. Not just locals but anyone that needs anything.  Rare to have a buisness of any sort that will profusely back up their ideals. Theres a lot more to say but probably best said in person over a beer like Phil has done.

Ive gone the long way around saying that Phil is in amazing brewing hands with Hoppy.

Hey Pale Man I concur, he is a true blue good bloke & I enjoy his company & having nineteen beers with him. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

mate i get that   If Hoppy was much closer and as you know i used to live in Adelaide.  i would be putting my dollars there  but as hoppy deals with kegland and keg king its not  in my best interests mate now

if Dave has something i want and i cant source  here in vic he has my business.   I purchased my boel itap of Dave and heck i love it 

To you @Pale Man  you are better off going through Dave then kegland or keg king    where as i am better going through kegland or keg king   .

I would even support Hoppy if i was in Adelaide in Pooraka where i used to live (in ways i wish i never sold that house in Pooraka  i had the best brewing area there

but hey I know phil is in the right hands. his last brew where  he was under the literage he wanted  it still made good beer

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Good to see the Assistant Brewer is not too far away @Pale Man Paleo ; )

image.thumb.png.7ac00a7b7a2ff44e84613173092c31a8.png

Once you get bonded with a Cattle Dog, they are your shadow / ghost / conscience for the rest of their life. I kid you not. There is no escape, no divorce. You are together forever. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK but we started off with a 2l Growler of Pilsner from Lobethal Bierhuas & moved quietly in to some of Hoppy's lovely beer from his new range & in between had a couple of go's at a some of k & k's that I had done & then my first AG APA followed by more of Hoppy's & then there was an assault on anything that was in the fridge - you may remember the morning after photo of the empties !

I felt obligated to keep him hydrated as he had travelled far & had been working hard on setting up my keg fridge - then we had a bottle of red with dinner.

So I think the man is capable of saying no thanks, I have had enough 🤣

It was a great night & he is always welcome to Phil's Bar & Grill.

i think it was 2 pissheads having a great time   no ones the loser mate we are all big boys now lol

and i cant see the harm in that

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

DFAD043C-31AC-4D07-ADD6-9411AA5C76B3.thumb.jpeg.9a7b9e28578e77e22ee3555cdc1286a2.jpeg

3 brews worth of grain from the legends at Beerbelly here in Radelaide.

• Hazy IPA
  • Red Rye IPA
  • Heffeweizen (which I’ll add apricots from our tree to)

This lot should keep me busy for a bit.

Love your work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

mate i get that   If Hoppy was much closer and as you know i used to live in Adelaide.  i would be putting my dollars there  but as hoppy deals with kegland and keg king its not  in my best interests mate now

if Dave has something i want and i cant source  here in vic he has my business.   I purchased my boel itap of Dave and heck i love it 

To you @Pale Man  you are better off going through Dave then kegland or keg king    where as i am better going through kegland or keg king   .

I would even support Hoppy if i was in Adelaide in Pooraka where i used to live (in ways i wish i never sold that house in Pooraka  i had the best brewing area there

but hey I know phil is in the right hands. his last brew where  he was under the literage he wanted  it still made good beer

Yep fair call OD. Each to their own. I'm in a lucky position with Hoppy. Not only a very good friend, but local. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

Yep fair call OD. Each to their own. I'm in a lucky position with Hoppy. Not only a very good friend, but local. 

mate  country versus city has its advantages mate, trust me....

• Like 1